Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

The Masons Guild

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Lady Athena, Apr 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Lady Athena Trainee Engineer

With the introduction of Multiplayer being right around the corner I wanted to do something for one of my favorite little games. I am going to be putting together a "Guild" On steam, where not only can builders join and discuss how to build more advanced structures, but also where some of the best builders in the game can meet up, talk and plan out a structure and put their skills together to make an even more grand construction.

If it kicks off well enough I plan on also creating a website for better/easier control, and add some fun functions like ranks etc. as a momento to those who really go above and beyond in creating their works.

I also plan on creating sections within the Guild of what each builder likes to focus on. Whether it be for combat Multiplayer, Building towns, castles, or misc. (Misc. being stuff like new types of catapults or stuff of that nature).

Atm, until things get up and running fully with a nice frame work, I'm going to be -slightly- picky on who exactly gets in, since I want this guild to not only be something players can go to to find excellent top notch construction, but also a Guild all players can look up too or even request something to be made and know it'll be made as excellent as possible.

Any creation made by builders within the Guild will have our TAG "-Masons Guild-" Before it in the Title, so everyone will know you made it as part of our "professional" team, and for the Guild.

If you'd like to join and be a part of this Guild. You can contact me on Steam. Holy Athena, or here on this thread.

This guild will be a semi-Roleplay Guild. Though individuals within the guild can RP if they so choose, they are by no means required, and you can RP as hard or soft as you like. If you wish to just use it as a bases to share knowledge in building, and work with other builders without RPing, you'll be more than welcome.

The Role-play is based more on the fact that other RP guilds may be contacting us to either build them a castle, update or extend on one they've already created, or the like, and I will be dealing with those in an RP esque fashion.

The Headquarters:

I've decided to make it a bit more interesting for the members as well. I will be building the base for the Masons Headquarters, nestled against a nice mountain. Every member of the guild will have the ability upon their inauguration to build an extension on the HQ of their choosing. They can make it as big or small as they wish, and add anywhere to it. The new updated file will then be shared with all Mason Members.

Things I'll want to know:

* How long you've been playing. (Not necessarily a requirement if you're in or not. If you've only played a week and already built something wonderful you could get in)

* A link to a screenshot of one or more of your best creations (This is very important)

* A description as well of what you like to build or focus on, as well as any special "touches" you like to include in your work if any.

* Whether you use Integrity or not. (Not necessarily "Required" but kudo points if you do)

Contacting and Contracting:

The Masons Guild will take Build Orders from factions, and individuals. Factions taking the highest priority.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  2. OneSpear Trainee Engineer

Hello and thank you, Lady Athena. It is good for motivation to see that my work is appreciated and enjoyed. I would be happy to join the Masons Guild. I rarely get the chance to collaborate with other builders and have been wanting to work on larger projects. I believe I had gotten a friend invite previously through steam and out of habit ignored it not knowing who it was.

3. Lady Athena Trainee Engineer

Wonderful! You will officially be the first member! What is your steam?

4. OneSpear Trainee Engineer

theonespear. I sent a friend invite. Currently having email issues linking this forum account to my steam account.

5. Lady Athena Trainee Engineer

I sent you an invite to the Guild Welcome!

6. Lady Athena Trainee Engineer

Updated the part about the Headquarters.

7. Lady Athena Trainee Engineer

Still looking for new members! Updated the main post.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  8. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Out of curiosity, do you just do buildings or do you also do contraptions. If you do, then I might have something that I need built it has fairly specific requirements though.

9. Lady Athena Trainee Engineer

We specialize in buildings, and atm we do not have anyone that actually makes contraptions. In the future I do hope to extend to that dept. Sorry. :(

10. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Oh well, I needed someone better with tearable ropes in contraptions to create a compact, hidden trap able to kill an attacker. I'm great at creating iron clad defenses, but I have some difficulty with compact things. My best example of a contraption is the two-man catapult design I've built that can rotate, be loaded, and fired from 360 degrees. My best example of a defense is a 5 high 3 thick wall with multiple towers and bastions allowing firing on close range attackers from multiple angles.

11. Lady Athena Trainee Engineer

Best of luck trying to find someone ^.^. Atm I'm having a hard time just getting members into my guild :woot:

12. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Don't worry, I'm sure once MP is out that there will be, much like in SE, a huge spike in sales leading to many more RPers joining who would be willing to join. for example, the Sacred Order of the Pink Flamingo and the Physics Inquisition grew really fast since they were two of the first groups for ME. Also these should serve more of a purpose since ME should be able to support many more players on a server than SE due to fewer physics calculations and generally smaller buildings and contraptions.

13. Skurkanas Trainee Engineer

Noticed your invite a couple days ago but I was kinda on the fence about joining. Couldn't dedicate as much time to ME as of late as I would have liked ;)

Still, the concept of a collaborative guild HQ sounds really intriguing. I'd be happy to take part in that.

14. Johny Gold Trainee Engineer

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  15. Lady Athena Trainee Engineer

You are most welcome to join. If you'd like to send me a message on Steam. Holy Athena I can get you setup :)

16. Lady Athena Trainee Engineer

I am looking for new members!

17. SneakBug8 Trainee Engineer

Hello!
    So, I am administator of First International Server and i think, we are glad to see you on our server. Now we need some fractions to create more fun on server. You and your friends will have castle at our map. What do you think?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.