Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

The New Guy

Discussion in 'General' started by MaxTheBuilder, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MaxTheBuilder Trainee Engineer

Ok, I saw a couple of my friends playing this game on steam and asked what it was all about. The explained the concept of the game to me and said; “Try it, you like building stuff in your other games.”

So I bought the game and saw that it was in Alpha and rolled my eyes thinking what I have gotten myself into.

One of my friends has a dedicated server and invited me to it. Once in game he arrived and brought me to where the others were, they had just started a new round so things looked bleak. My friend explained what keys do what and to just follow the tutorial.

Well I now have 45 hours in this game and my other friends are asking when I’m coming back to my other games and play with them? My response is “Once they add this game to them and I can build like this and have this much fun.”

I am having a blast building things and figuring out how to make things work, I love you have to you your mind to play and it just not another click and shoot game. The Dev Team has done a great job with this and I thank my friend for introducing me to it.

Only downside I have seen so far is the lack of wild life, only seen one deer in my 45 hours of play. There should be deer, elk, moose, boar, Oxen and more. But it’s still new and things will change.

Thank you for the awesome game.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

I like to think of ME as playing elder scrolls oblivion as a non-hero that can't use magic.
    but has the mighty power of engineering on his/her side! :)

3. MaxTheBuilder Trainee Engineer

**Update**

OK the update was cool, we now have deer that we can “pelt” with crossbow bolts (see what I did there?) And I got to meet some of the locals, now granted they are not the friendliest group I’ve ever met, and I had to deal with them just like the deer’s; minus placing them on the tanning rack. That would have been a bit much.

After dispatching them and checking their bags I found most had broken weapons, might explain why they are grumpy. All they had to do was to approach in an all friendly how are you doing can you help me manner and I could have fixed their weapons and sent them down the road with a smile on their face and maybe a hot meal, oh well their loss.

Also I got my first windmill working, turning out flour like their no tomorrow (Eat your heart out Pillsbury Dough Boy). :D

All in all, it’s been a good day to be a Medieval Engineer. :beer:
    --- Automerge ---
    OOOps I think I deleted one of my post...:(

• Like Like x 1
  4. MaxTheBuilder Trainee Engineer

**Update**

OK guys it's been a week since uploading the game and learning to play, just hit the 83 hour mark. My server owner just introduced me to the wonderful world of MODs... Holy Cow! Not only are they awesome, but there is some seriously talented folks out there that love this game and know how to make the game even better. I can not wait (but will have too) see what this outstanding game is going to do next, every time I log on, I learn or find something new and exciting, it's like Christmas everyday (minus the long line, bad parking, and multitude of screaming kids).

So please keep bring on the awesome, you folks (DEVS & Modders) rock...:pbjt:

5. MaxTheBuilder Trainee Engineer

Ok it’s been a while since I last posted. Yes I am still playing and enjoying the game. At my last post I had just hit the 84 hour mark and as of this post I’m sitting at 300 hours. I did post a suggestion / question which I am also adding here;

For some time now I have been trying to figure out how to roof a large tower, so far the only way I have been able to do it is use the Hoarding Mods.
    So my question and suggestion is; How come there is no basic roof for a Large Round Tower (without using Hoardings?) I am not a Moder otherwise I would make them myself. But it baffles me that such a basic item is not in the game.
    Any ides, inputs or suggestions would be welcomed.

Anyway keep improving the game and I’ll keep playing.
    Thank you.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.