Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

The new rotor and piston physics are great! [Image heavy]

Discussion in 'General' started by Nickvr68, Nov 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Nickvr68 Junior Engineer

I returned to the game after a long while upon hearing the physics were improved, and I was really surprised how well it works! The rotors and pistons play nice with each other, and I spent the day making a massive mining rig with an arm incorporating multiple rotors and pistons. Nothing broke, Klang was nowhere to be found. Even the wheels seem to work better!

[​IMG]

Also, grids not tearing themselves apart when they bump means you can make rotor limiters out of normal blocks, something I love since I cannot stand manually entering rotor limits and all that. You can see how I made them in the image above.

[​IMG]

Not having my rotors and pistons tear themselves apart when I manipulate them is a great feeling.

[​IMG]

Proper physics really opens up a lot of possibilities. You done good on this update Keen, next up: More gameplay features.

Me and my new favorite mining vehicle salutes you Marek!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheSpacePunk Trainee Engineer

Awesome! That beast deserved it ;)

3. Lord Clang Trainee Engineer

Yet. Gimme some time.

4. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Does this mean player made turrets won't explode?

5. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Yesssss

You can explode them with missiles and warheads tho

6. Carrion Senior Engineer

in thoery no they wont. however bad design will still cause alot of issues so i expect to see things go bang and people moan about it instead of enjoy the challenge of making something work.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.