Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

The Newtonian Anti-Physics Inquisition Inquisition

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Somdudewillson, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

You know the Physics Inquisition? Yeah, that one. We oppose them. But we still try to hold to the Newtonian laws of Motion, in order to keep from being obvious.

This is a subfaction, so one can be a part of this while being a part of another faction. Our rules are simple:
    1) Try to follow these guidelines for building ships, to hide from the Physics Inquisition by following Newton's Laws (Taken from their wiki page here):

Code:
    Technique 1. Internally placed thrusters which have NO WAY of projecting directional thrust outside of the ship.
        Condition 1A. INCLUDING adjacent "lined up" thrusters pretending to exhaust all thrust through the rear most engine of the chain.

Technique 2. Externally or internally placed thrusters which when firing, project a visible jet of plasma/charged ionic particles through other ship components.
        Condition 2A. EXCLUDING thrusters which ONLY violate Technique 2 by hitting a sloped armor block at full thrust - which directs the exhaust safely away from/out of the ship.
        Condition 2B. EXCLUDING thrusters which ONLY violate Technique 2 by going through a single "Window Vent" block - which does not prevent visibility or provide any armor protection. It isn't even solid, it's just a set of open shutters.

Technique 3. Weapons lined up so that they fire through armor, weapon or subsystem components of the ship/station without doing damage.

2) DESTROY ALL PHYSICS INQUISITION MEMBERS!

(Steam Group)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
  2. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

As an inquisitor and one of the founders of the SOPF, I hereby declare a great war upon you. You will be slaughtered with the greatest prejudice. Any SOPF members caught affiliating with you will be immediately punished. The physics inquisition keeps the world clean from those who would defy Newton. Challenging them is as challenging gravity, no matter how much you rise, you will always fall.

3. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

But we don't defy Newton. We just defy YOU.

4. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

It does not matter which you defy. If you defy either, you will be met with equal and opposing forces of punishment.

5. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Defying the inquisition is the same as defying Newton. You have provoked us and we will strike with an equal and opposite reaction!

6. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

Punishment is an inward force directed at me so... wouldn't those two forces cancel each other out?

7. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

Yet I support Newton while opposing you. Those are equal and opposite actions, and therefore they cancel.

Also since I support Newton, by opposing me you are also opposing Newton.

8. Martinineter Senior Engineer

No, our inquisition is the embodiment of Newton, therefor you are opposing Newton, making you a heretic that must and shall be destroyed.

9. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Ah but you are not truly following Newton's ways. You are encouraging ways in which to place thrusters in non accurate manners whilst attempting to conceal your heresy as devotion. And that sir, is worse than regular heresy.

10. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

Itches head

How did you get that idea? The #1 rule is to follow the guidelines posted on YOUR wiki page...

11. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

Well, I say that you speak heresy, because you pretend to speak for Newton Himself!

12. DeeSnow97 Apprentice Engineer

The difference between you, heretic subfaction, and us is simple: we follow Newton's laws, you don't. You are encouraging ways to attempt breaking the words of our lord and savior. Remember, these are not debatable. You are supposed to be destroyed by equal opposing forces while floating into the vast nothing of space, burning, and being dismembered at the same time. Painfully.

13. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

BUT THE #1 RULE IS TO FOLLOW NEWTON'S LAWS! How does everyone keep missing that?

14. Wintersend Senior Engineer

You said rule number one was to follow various ways to hide your heresy. Not to obey Newtons Laws.

15. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

Plus rule number 2 is an unforgivable crime that will lead to your death.

16. REDSHEILD Junior Engineer

As an ally of the Inquisition, I'd like to do the favor to both Inquisitors and Heretics alike, that this is in the wrong forum.

17. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

How so? They made a group. It may be wrong and only one person, but it's a group. Until we destroy them.

18. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

No, I said that rule #1 was to follow YOUR guidelines, posted on YOUR wiki page, with the purpose of obeying Newton's Laws while fighting you.

19. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

If you can FIND me.

20. Wintersend Senior Engineer

I'm confused as I don't have wiki page and haven't even actually looked at the SE or ME wiki in weeks.

21. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

This wiki page.
    (That link is from your faction's official page, btw.)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
  22. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

How can you claim to follow our code and yet swear to destroy us? Even if you aren't a heretic, you're still very confused and misguided.

23. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

Nah, I just don't like you guys, and how you claim to represent Newton without any proof.

24. SenorZorros Master Engineer

please call me when the letter hits the door.

25. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

...huh?

26. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Oh, I get your confusion. Nah, I'm not a member of the Physics Inquisition. I'm a member of the Sacred Order of the Pink Flamingo, an ally of the Physics Inquisition. I also serve as what I call a siege consultant to the Physics Inquisition from time to time.

27. SenorZorros Master Engineer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ninety-Five_Theses

28. jcarrondo Trainee Engineer

You sir, are a bigger idiot than what i thought inicially, Not only are you trying to defy the powerfull physics inquisition, but the so called guidelines you have, they are guidelines THAT REPRESENT HERESY!!!!
    Now i shall quote from the official wiki page they have, just to completely prove you are wrong:

29. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

...But that's what I have said to follow. As in, make sure to not do what it says not to do. Maybe you should double-check your interpretation before ranting?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015
  30. DeeSnow97 Apprentice Engineer

Your rules encourage building heretical space objects in order to hide from us. Maybe you consider it a good technique, but it only leads to the fault of not expecting the Physics Inquisition. In Newton's reality you defy yourself by telling us that you follow our lord, while you break his laws at every opportunity. This is worse than heresy. You will be reserved while a backup of your mind is being made to relive your upcoming execution in every two minutes. Forever.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.