Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

The Newtonian Anti-Physics Inquisition Inquisition

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Somdudewillson, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

For the nth time, THE #1 RULE IS TO ONLY BUILD SHIPS/STATIONS THAT OBEY NEWTON'S LAWS!

2. SenorZorros Master Engineer

they are religious fanatics. you can't argue with them because the mere idea of arguing with them is heresy ;)

3. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

Now that's a whole lotta blasphemous heresy right there.

4. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

You're telling me.

5. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

That's his point though.

6. jcarrondo Trainee Engineer

You still don't comprehend that the guidelines that they define as heretical, are ones that DONT follow newton???

7. DeeSnow97 Apprentice Engineer

You never wrote anywhere to don't follow these rules, your main description both here and at the Steam group is encouraging heresy instead of prohibiting it, but you say us in this little argument that you are the one who follow Newton, not we. This is not just heresy. You are trying to justify yourself no matter what, even by denying your own creed, just for one goal, to destroy the Inquisition, while it never stumbled in truly following and enforcing the truth you are only trying, or worse, pretending to accept. You are either just dumb or the pure evil, but one thing is certain: you are a faithful heretic. And heretics shall burn.

By the way arguing with us is not heresy. Debating Newton's rules is.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
  8. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

Again, by followed I mean not doing what it says not to do and doing what it says to do.

9. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

So now you somehow think you can define MY creed? Give me a second here,... I'm out of breath from laughing.
    Kay, I'm good now.
    And AGAIN, I'm saying to follow those guidelines by not doing what they say not to do.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
  10. SenorZorros Master Engineer

funny thing. newton's rules are technically incorrect*

*technically, in 99% of the cases they are right.

on another note, Somedudewilson, would you please stop doubleposting and instead put both quotes in the same post?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Please show me where it says: DO NOT FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES
    Exactly, it doesn't.
    Instead, it says: "Try to follow these guidelines for building ships, to hide from the Physics Inquisition."
    Hiding=implicating that you do something that you shouldn't do
    Following guidelines=doing exactly as they state, not the opposite

The following part is just plain strange: "by following Newton's Laws"
    So doing the exact opposite as these laws dictate is "following"?
    Riiiiiight...

[​IMG]
    Hypocrisy is the claim or pretense of holding beliefs, feelings, standards, qualities, opinions, behaviors, virtues, motivations, or other characteristics that one does not actually hold. It is the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-1" style="line-height: 1; unicode-bidi: -webkit-isolate; font-size: 11.1999998092651px;">[1]</sup><sup style="line-height: 1; unicode-bidi: -webkit-isolate; font-size: 11.1999998092651px;" id="cite_ref-2" class="reference">[2]</sup> In moral psychology, it is the failure to follow one’s own expressed moral rules and principles.<sup style="line-height: 1; unicode-bidi: -webkit-isolate; font-size: 11.1999998092651px;" class="reference" id="cite_ref-3">[3]</sup>
    Recent studies in psychology have identified the evolutionary bases and the mental mechanisms of hypocrisy, tracing its roots to adaptations that serve contradictory functions in the human brain, and to cognitive biases and distortions that predispose humans to readily perceive and condemn faults in others, while failing to perceive and condemn faults of their own.

12. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

You've misinterpreted what I said. For what I meant, look at many of my other posts.
    Also, on a side note, many constructions that you classify as "Non-Newtonian" actually follow Newton's laws from an in-game perspective.

13. Conradian Moderator

Am I one of the few who sees that what is meant by this group is to build ships which abide by Newton's laws (Follow the same ship-building guidelines as that of the Physics Inquisition) but with the express purpose of hunting down members of the Physics Inquisition?

14. SenorZorros Master Engineer

nah, I just don't care.

15. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

As I've said before. Whether or not you defy Newton does not matter. You defy our grand inquisition, and that's reason enough to persecute you.

16. jcarrondo Trainee Engineer

The guidelines they have aren't for building ships according to newton's laws, they are guiding you how to not build incorrectly, thus following newton's laws. But you can follow them, and then be hunted down by the inquisition just so you can be tortured until the end of days.

17. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

Yes! Thank you!

18. DeeSnow97 Apprentice Engineer

Then I have to ask you why are you doing this. Our goals are matching expect we never did anything against Newton, and, for some reason, you hate us. It lacks all kind of logic. If you want to encourage following the way of lord Newton, why are you attacking the group who is actually doing this? If you don't want to defy the Three Laws, why are you writing in the first guide a newcomer will see to actually break those? Why are you constantly contradicting yourself? Hypocrisy? Envy of fame and power? Fear of being wrong? You would be a regular, strong heretic if you were consequent. Now you are like a peasant yelling at the king, wanting the throne, while being incapable of leading a kingdom. A selfish, envious, childish, aggressive nobody. This is not just heresy. This is childish envy spiced up with trolling. And there are a few things you don't realize. First of all, you are alone. Nobody wants to team up with you and join your anti-inquisition because you're repetitive, unnecessary, pointlessly aggressive, and clearly worse in quality. Second, you are only keeping the inquisition alive. We are judges and executives, without cases we are lost. You are our only case right now, a case where you cannot win but relive the story of Barbra Streisand. Third, we are the Inquisition. We don't need to prove our accusations, you need to establish your innocence. And, at last, heresy is a dangerous thing to play with. If you're not careful, you can easily find yourself in trouble by only talking about it.

19. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

Firstly, there's no hypocrisy here. You guys just keep misinterpreting a certain phrase in the first post. Secondly, I don't hate you guys. I just dislike your style. Thirdly, this was a joke faction, started on a whim. Fourthly, you guys might need to prove said accusations when on a server not controlled by you.

20. Alfalfa Apprentice Engineer

Hmmm, given that you claim to speak directly and infallibly for a man who has been dead for hundreds of years while providing no evidence of the legitimacy of your claim the charges of fraud and misrepresentation could be levied against you.

I'm not sure which side has more aggression, but I do know all of it is pointless.

This thread makes me want to form the Formal Logic Inquisition.

21. DeeSnow97 Apprentice Engineer

Despite the numerous requests and misinterpretations you still refuse to correct the first post which was even quoted as the base of your heresy. You are only able to bash on us and say whatever you think will help you. Secondly, we also dislike your style, but that's not the point. The point is your objective to destroy us, that's something that nobody tolerates. Thirdly, a joke faction is supposed to be fun. Just compare this entire topic to the first post of the PIS'dOFF, in case you define us as an enemy you could use some advantages, because you currently don't have any. And fourthly, we only need to prove accusations if we ask for the help of external executives. The problem is: we don't. Usually. Maybe the server admins will come, and check the situations, but since heresy is equal to legal cheating which is made to destroy the gameplay, the whole point of their servers, they will tend to agree with us. Especially against you, against an anti-inquisition.
    I don't know which side is more aggressive. I only see a new anti-inquisition appearing instantly with a goal to destroy us and take our place while being much worse in quality, and for a joke faction, not even nearly as funny as the Physics Inquisition. Sorry for not supporting this.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
  22. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

You'll note that anything I build WOULDN'T classify under that, and so then if I belong to some other faction on said server they may not take kindly to you attacking me. Also, I'm the only member of this faction, and I find these discussions hilarious.

23. Somdudewillson Trainee Engineer

Do it. I'll disband this and join ASAP.

24. DeeSnow97 Apprentice Engineer

That will be funny since formal logic and inquisition has nothing to do with each other... it will disprove itself immediately or become a real hypocrite

25. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

"Think reasonably or face unreasonable punishment!"

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.