Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

The physics inquisition: a subfaction

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Martinineter, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. SenorZorros Master Engineer

I'm not sure what would be the correct terminology but in the netherlands there is this thing called "gedogen" which translate.google translates as tolerate though I'm not sure if it is a literal translation. it means that something is outlawed. however no one acts on it because the cost would outweigh the gain. it's similar to how most realists probably hate the gravity generator but accept that it's a necessary evil.

I'd say this is the stance that works best with steam workshop. let crazy experiments like this or the me rocket stay but burn them if used for unfair advantages.

on the other hand this wouldn't be very inquisition-like would it?

2. TheAshenShadow Apprentice Engineer

I like this idea - but add some sort of watch-list for inventions that could likely be used to gain an unfair advantage, or point out exploits that could be used as such, such as this and the ME rocket.

3. Wintersend Senior Engineer

How about a list of items to watch, heretical items, people to watch for possible heresy and outright heretics.

4. TheAshenShadow Apprentice Engineer

5. DeeSnow97 Apprentice Engineer

Brothers, I have really bad news for you. Almost the entire Space Engineers community is studying heresy, searching for a way to cheat through the game. Proof:

It belongs to our watch list, but isn't it heresy on its own? I see no good point to artistically put a tire into an armor nor new possibilities except heretic purposes...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
  6. SenorZorros Master Engineer

if anything this may be a case of design flaws. but I Actually don't have a problem with it. in my opinion experimenting with composite armour is something that should be celebrated. after all isn't that what engineering is all about?

7. TheAshenShadow Apprentice Engineer

The wheel isn't clipping, I don't see how it is heresy. It doesn't break The Laws, and it actually working as armour(if it does, didn't watch through the video), while not realistic, I don't see as a problem.​
    EDIT:​
    In addition, I have noticed the severe lack of space construction for the Inquisition and was hoping to make some, and wondering what sort of mods would be allowable? Obviously no heretical mods, but any restrictions beyond that?​

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
  8. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Not really

9. SenorZorros Master Engineer

you know, the inquisition should make an ftl mod. it would cost a lot of components and once activated it would explode and permaban the user ;)

10. DeeSnow97 Apprentice Engineer

I think the composite armor is actually good, but the wheel has a bug. It's like the king statue issue and has a link to its actual function as a wheel, in short, it's harder to break but not because it's not armored. If a player is using a bug like this, we call it heresy, don't we?
    Also: new forum! Cool... but sadly it's proprietary software, we won't be able to make an identical looking subforum

11. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Sooooo, new forum software eeeh

12. SonofEarl Trainee Engineer

Woo, after not doing much on the forums I have returned and decided to acctually try and contribute some worthwhile ideas!

13. SonofEarl Trainee Engineer

Except I can't really think of any good ones right now.

14. SonofEarl Trainee Engineer

Acctually I was wondering if we should host our own Space Engineers server (and eventually Medieval Engineers), somwhere to build a proper base and showcase our designs. Maybe we could include some examples of heretical designs and how never to build, that way we can stop people from ever becoming hereitics. But thats just an idea.

15. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Create an effective self destruct mechanism for a 2 block wide, 1 block thick, 3 block tall passage while allowing access through said passage via cart. Do this and you will have increased the defensive power of the combined SOotPF and Physics Inquisition HQ.

16. HunterX Apprentice Engineer

17. HunterX Apprentice Engineer

I have A quick question: Are there any torture methods that we consider inhuman or unacceptable, or is any form of torture acceptable for a Heretic?

18. SenorZorros Master Engineer

I'm not a part of the inquisition but I think everything goes as ling as it adheres to the laws of physics. you get bonus points for more interesting ways of torture.

19. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

oehw... bonus points... but i believe the part of the"adheres the laws of physics" is true, as long as you torture a heretic with a non-heretical device, its perfectly fine.

20. HunterX Apprentice Engineer

Sorry I didn't Iterate adhering to The Laws Of Physics, I just assumed any kind of punishment to a heretic would be a lesson to them on The Laws Of Physics ( All of mine are).

21. EvilDylan Apprentice Engineer

Physics? Inquisiton?
    Heresy!
    Next you'll be claiming Newton is some kind of lord and savior!

22. SenorZorros Master Engineer

they already are.

23. LFCavalcanti Senior Engineer

So... I found this thread after all this time on these Forums.

So this is the nest of the self entitled Inquisition?

How delightful, I'm not sure if everyone here is really role playing and that's the whole problem.

Next time someone from this... inquisition... invades a thread, I'll call this guy:

[​IMG]

You may know him, Q.

He is the broker off all laws, the harbinger of the impossible, the herald of chaos. You now stand under his judgment. But beware, few members of this so called Inquisition are intelligent as Picard or bold as Sisko.

24. Bullethead Apprentice Engineer

You don't frighten us, heretical pig-dog! Go and boil your bottom, son of a silly person! I blow my nose at you and all your Star Trek wannabe pretensions! I fart in your general direction, empty-headed animal food trough-wiper! I wiggle my private parts at your aunties! Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

25. LFCavalcanti Senior Engineer

"Sometimes I think the only reason I come here is to listen to these wonderful speeches of yours."

Now, deal with the fact that I have enough education on Physics and Quantum Mechanics to see that your so called Inquisition is nothing more than self entitled biased whiny shards of existences, a bunch of lost souls, whos obsession is torment people who disagrees with you.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  26. SenorZorros Master Engineer

I hope you aren't taking this serious to the letter?

27. Bullethead Apprentice Engineer

You take this way too seriously, dude. If I took this seriously, I'd have reacted with something other than silly Python quotes :).

• Like Like x 1
  28. LFCavalcanti Senior Engineer

Who said I'm serious?

I just did an observation that some people here seems to not be role playing, and that's part of the problem. One thing is being sarcastic or expressing an opinion, but stealing threads to impose a set of "rules of God" gets annoying really fast.

My last post is to upset those people, that take this too seriously.

29. EvilDylan Apprentice Engineer

Newton himself was quite a jerk, y'know.

30. TheAshenShadow Apprentice Engineer

In other news, SpaceX is getting closer to a reusable rocket booster! :)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.