Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

The physics inquisition: a subfaction

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Martinineter, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Why not release them into an arena made by ringing an area with a ha-ha? Giving the heretics the illusion of escape while actually making it impossible.

2. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Great idea, heretics will go mad, being killed slowly from the inside of their own minds. Only leaving behind a broken mind, which will be all he has when we release him into the wild after a few years of 'therapy'.

3. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

Has anyone ever told you that you're a little too aggressive?

4. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Being nice to heretics doesn't really help, but I'll look into it...
    This so called 'aggression' is only towards the imbodyment of all that is evil (heretics) and not meant to be serious (RP). Have you ever heard of the real inquisition? Do you think that they had any empathy towards the evil they were fighting?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  5. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

I'm ready to burn some heretics, all in the name of Newton.

6. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Say the vows and all will be done, don't forget that we have another spot for torture equipment available. One member is already taking care of the mildy uncomfortable chair of discomfort, but the bench of irritating tickling feathers still awaits it's caretaker...

Edit: see, I can be nice too...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  7. calxllum Apprentice Engineer

In my spare time I also put together the annoyingly hot hat of unremoveablity!

(It's a hat that I put on someone then light with the torch of burning.)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2015
  8. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

But what if they use their hands of removing to remove it? Or the water of wetness to put it out?

9. Martinineter Senior Engineer

They won't, because their hands are tied by the uncomfortable robes of strapping!

10. Malware Master Engineer

Somehow this got eminently funnier once you started describing your objects of unremarkability... :D

11. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Don't forget our 2 most imporant weapons:

Fear, ruthless efficiency and suprise!

12. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

Fear of lotsa scariness
    Ruthless efficiency of speed

And last but not least
    Surprising surprise of mild spontaneity

13. Martinineter Senior Engineer

You don't get the reference, do you?

14. calxllum Apprentice Engineer

I'll show you how unremarkable they are! You won't be insulting our great devices of mild uncomfortably when I force you into them!

15. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

I do, I just have a terrible sense of humor.

16. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Yes, you indeed have. Such glorious humor and you let it slip. Be warned or you will be put in the too soft bed of insomnia for 3 whole days!

17. Martinineter Senior Engineer

It has been 4 days now, show regret and you shall be released from the merciless too soft bed of insomnia!

Also:
    [​IMG]
    By the request of Mishka

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
  18. Mishka Junior Engineer

I thoroughly approve of this faction!.

[​IMG]

19. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Ill built a temple for Newton, according to the three sacret laws, so He can be worshipped and asked to bring down the heretics by his mighty forces, and so we can gather for the meetings in time of need

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
  20. Martinineter Senior Engineer

I like how you wrote He with a capital letter, Newton is the higher power that overshadows all.

21. darth_biomech Senior Engineer

My definition of "heresy" is far broader than 3 techniques defined in the Wiki... Do I still can apply?

22. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Yes you can, dedication to the cause is always nice to see. A broader spectrum is also allowed, as long as the three main pillars of Newton stay intact and unscratched.

Say your vows and you are sworn in.

23. darth_biomech Senior Engineer

Newton is love, Newton is life

I vow to smite any ridiculous design that I will see.

24. Martinineter Senior Engineer

We welcome you in our glorious and honorable ranks, purge those pity heretics as if your life depends on it! (it actually does...)

25. cedi Apprentice Engineer

And you shall build three might traps inside this temple to display the glorious rules.

1. The (near) bottomless pit
    2. The falling stone
    3. The corridor of the crushing walls

26. Wintersend Senior Engineer

You know, I could probably help with those. I already have designs for at least two of those and I could probably get a design for the nearly bottomless pit in a few hours. Heck, give me enough time and I could probably do some tricks to make it seem bottomless just by raising the drop object up to a set height and then dropping it again. Maybe use a rapidly falling elevator in a dark shaft so they would never know how deep they were but would fall, rise up some, fall again, repeat.

27. Martinineter Senior Engineer

How about the annoyingly foggy sauna of dampness? Great for getting information out of those heretics!

28. cedi Apprentice Engineer

Yes let's have one of those in the cellar, ähm dungeon. The sauna will keep the whole underground area nicely damp. After all, the only difference between a cellar and a dungeon is the mood and furniture!

29. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

show me the designs and ill work it out. For thr glory of Newton.

30. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Well, the falling rock trap is easy and pretty self explanatory. On the crushing walls, those are more difficult. My current idea consists of having non load-bearing walls that are held up by ropes at each of the four corners, and then a mechanism to suddenly pull on all 4 corners at once with equal force to cause the wall to start to slide inward. If you do this with walls opposite each other while it would probably be at least a two man system, you could effectively slam two walls into eachother witch sufficient force to crush a man with the proper force multiplying tools.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.