Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

The physics inquisition: a subfaction

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Martinineter, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Wear your color proud and just! Welcome to our ranks, cold drinks are to your left.

2. cedi Apprentice Engineer

Is there a snack bar, too?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2015
  3. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Yes, next to the grillroom with near unlimited meat

4. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

And at the end of the lane is the Temple of Newton, currently being designed, soon to be built.

5. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Thats why a pancake wagon is residing there temporarely, keeping the holy buildingground nice and warm

6. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Indeed, time to get some ;)

7. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Direct him to the Sacred Order of the Pink Flamingo's warm dessert trolley and ice cream bar.

8. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Great idea, nobody would expect it... Onwards!

9. Poisonchocolate Trainee Engineer

You know something? When I came to these forums, I did expect to find some factions, but I didn't expect the bloody physics inquisition!

10. Martinineter Senior Engineer

:cool:

11. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

you see, nobody expects us... so from this point, expect the unexpected, so you'll never be surprised....

12. cedi Apprentice Engineer

But what if the unexpected never happens!

13. Martinineter Senior Engineer

That is something for the enemy to wander about. Suprise is an important part in our tactics!

14. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

I also just realized I haven't said any vows yet.

Newton is love, Newton is life.

Also death to the gravity-defying heretic drawbridges.

15. cedi Apprentice Engineer

And to the unyielding timber.

16. Esmea Trainee Engineer

I've been reluctant to post, as I've never fully considered myself proper in the ways of physics - my formal instruction on mathematics was poor. I do have impeccable spatial comprehension, which has led to some interesting amateur science. My experience in medieval recreation, including actual siege engine construction (none of that high school 3ft. tall junk, if I couldn't fling a life-sized foam cow at another person, it wasn't going to be built... and this was in the 90s!) hardly suffered because of a lack of training in calculus and trigonometry. (yes, I know, heresy)

Still, Newton is love, Newton is life.

17. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

Knowledge can be gained. Only those who choose ignorance are blasphemous.

18. Esmea Trainee Engineer

Quite true.
    [Completely left field here] When I was held back in replicating a damaged gear in a motorized object (stripped a gear in my favorite hedge trimmer which is no longer made... so I was going to 3D print it) by my lack of trigonometry training, I sought out answers in understanding. I may not have a firm grasp on the field as a whole, or how to accomplish anything else with what I learned, but I do now know how to achieve what I sought to achieve.
    Learning through real-world application. Not recommended, but it works.

19. Martinineter Senior Engineer

We still have another master of torture equipement position open, you could get it if you want

20. cedi Apprentice Engineer

Newton is a truly unforgiving teacher. You do it right, follow the rules, or you ain't doing it any longer.

21. Esmea Trainee Engineer

Please tell me more about it. O.o

22. Martinineter Senior Engineer

You get to use and take care of some of the many torture devices we have. Including but not limited by: the armchair of uncomfortable sitting, the extremely foggy sauna of dampness and the too soft bed of insomnia.

This position is one of honor, of devotion.

23. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

And don't forget the trebuchet of laughs

24. Martinineter Senior Engineer

How could I forget those!?!

25. cedi Apprentice Engineer

The too soft bed of insomnia sounds diabolic.

26. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

thats because nobody expects it to be that soft.

27. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

I sure didn't

28. Martinineter Senior Engineer

So, has anyone made any progress of the fire raining heretic purger of justice yet? These weapons shall be our primary and most iconic siege weapon against heretics! These machines will battle the ever raging terrors that the Newton defying decease brings upon these lands, lands which we will clean with the heat that will be brought upon them by the mighty fires of Isaac Newton himself! A fire that will lick their limbs so they may never commit those illicit actions against the order and justice of Newtons laws!

29. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

I made a drawbridge that can't draw. Or bridge.

I made a useless thing.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Wintersend Senior Engineer

I'm actually planning on that being one of my first projects once I get ME or once fire is released at any rate.

I'm thinking a catapult bowl covered with iron on the inside so it doesn't ignite itself. Then take some small stone shot, soak the whole thing in pitch or tar, light it up with a torch and fire. Hurling dozens, if I can make it that way, of small flaming projectiles raining hot, burning death down on my enemies.

On the drawbridge. I'm also considering one that doesn't raise, it drops. This way it can make the rift in the earth it is over impossible to get across much faster. My main concern at this point is sufficient structural integrity to get carts and the like across.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.