Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

The physics inquisition: a subfaction

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Martinineter, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

Not bad. It uses SI, right?

RIGHT?

2. Legofreak Apprentice Engineer

I got ME last night as a gift from my brother but alas, my graphical processing unit is insufficient...

I hope to upgrade soon after the first of the month.

Until then, the heretics will have to wait for my justice.

3. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

I'm sure we all can feel your pain. That's very unfortunate.

4. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Of course it does, otherwise it would be much higher

5. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

http://imgur.com/a/wVyp1
    added a Newton cardle in the dungeon...

6. Tajin Apprentice Engineer

The dungeon might be a bit too damp, theres a pretty bad case of green mould behind that newton cradle.

7. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

the groundkeeper is all ready busy removing the mould

8. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Dear fellow inquisitors. Today when i loaded my main castle map i saw a large part of the castle collapsing.
    i didnt have time to travel to the temple to make sure the temple is unharmed, since i was developing a trebuchet of laughs

9. Wintersend Senior Engineer

I have made a humble construction on one of my worlds to serve as a small base for the physics inquisition. It is not near as grand as some of the structures I have seen here but it should do an adequate job of discouraging heretics. I can post screenshots on the morrow if people would like.

10. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

I think that would be usefull... Also, the temple is safe

11. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

I would do the same, but I'm still busy fixing all the holes and craters the drawbridges of anti-Newton made. 2.006 and they still explode and fly.

12. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Hmm... Well im glad the temple is safe at last, now my castles are all that have to be fixed

13. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

Beware the drawbridges

Beware!

They will take all that you love with one fell swoop of their physics-defying hinges!

14. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Burn, they will! Make them suffer whilst the evil they brought gets transformed to ashes!

15. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Here are a few screenshots of my humble creation for your order.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Martinineter Senior Engineer

That looks very good and structurally innovative. Very nice alltogether!

17. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Thank you. When MP gets in you can take a more thorough look, flesh out the basement section, and decorate as you like. The towers we especially tricky to do and make look good. Each pair is actually connected at the bottom and the top and the roof is supported by a set of round stone pillars in a figure 8 configuration.

Although I have to say, the first time I walked through the thing it was a little unnerving how some of the angles and things worked. Although that's what I was going for to try to discourage heretics and set the right mood for the place.

If there are any other exterior features you'd like I can get to work on those. ATM I'm just going to start figuring out how to do wooden houses on a hill without making it look too awkward or too artificial.

18. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Ok, so here are some updated screenshots of the exterior.

[​IMG]

Here I've added battlements to the main structure in addition to two low towers in the back each with a half roof leading into the interior which provide roof access. I've also smoothed the connections from the towers to the main base and two training ground sections.

[​IMG]

The left training ground is for archery and has 6 targets with meter markers out to 10 meters, or 32.8 feet. Every 5th meter is marked by a slightly higher post. It also has a small wooden tower from which one can observe the area.

[​IMG]

And here is the right training ground. This one is for melee combat and has a small sparring area, (the fenced area near the tower), another observation tower, and 6 training dummies which are mounted on a spinning base so they spin when one runs into them and, presumably, strikes them.

19. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Lets decide on the best method to purge our lands from heretics, the 5 choices are:

- Burning
    - Dismembering
    - All of the above
    - Let them fight eachother
    - The "soup of the day" method

20. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

WANTED

Krolitian

Potentially highly dangerous

Punish with extreme prejudice

Crime:
    http://youtu.be/ufAtvA6-U2w

21. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Burn the heretic, purge the unclean. Execute a manhunt on this foul heretic that calls himself 'Krolatian'. May a slow but certain death fall upon him!

22. TheAshenShadow Apprentice Engineer

I would like to join the glorious physics inquisition.
    Newton is love, newton is life.
    As a side note, the damned heretic dubbed his video with space shuttle noises! Heresy! Glorious Rocket Science should not be thusly defiled!

23. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Welcome to our humble and just order. Thank you for choosing to purge our lands of those foul physics defying creatures that call themselves 'men'. Burn them, stab them, smash them, throw them, crush them, hang them, dismember them, do anything to satisfy you sadisti... I mean justice needs.

24. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

Our righteous numbers grow!

Now we can slaughter and torture even more heretics!

25. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

all hail to Newton and down with the heretics

26. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Oh that reminds me, once we get spikes and blades to put onto siege equipment, I have a design for various dicing and impaling contraptions most of the way.

27. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

oehw... impaling heretics... then roast them above a campfire?

28. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

I didn't realize we were going full on Vlad Tepes here.

29. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

thats because nobody expected that

30. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Exactly...
    But wait, there is more!

This would be the point where I would tell people what it is, but that would spoil the suprise....

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.