Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

The physics inquisition: a subfaction

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Martinineter, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

I didn't expect that..

2. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

good guy, you learn so quickly

3. Martinineter Senior Engineer

[​IMG]

4. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

Maybe one day I'll grow up to be a master inquisitor, punishing ALL the heretics with hellfire and education.

But nobody will expect that.

5. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

*sounds like Scar from the lion king*Precisely

6. SenorZorros Master Engineer

I personally don't want to joint a faction. however If you have place for an auxiliary I would gladly work together with to the cult of the last alchemist. while I am not a traveller I can always supply the inquisition when in need of goods.

on that note, wouldn't the inquisition be better if it also had an order to enforce justice when confronted with organized heretics?

7. TheAshenShadow Apprentice Engineer

I believe we call that "calling for backup." And if that doesn't work, nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
    Or, better yet, drop tungsten rods on it from orbit. Less of the pesky nuclear fallout.

8. Wintersend Senior Engineer

You and me both man. I'm not technically a part of the Physics Inquisition but I am what I like to refer to as a Siege Consultant. Basically I create and share some fortification and siege equipment designs and give my input on various things.

9. Bullethead Apprentice Engineer

Newton is love, Newton is life!

Oh Mighty Inquisitors of Newton, the Earthly personification of love and life, peace be upon him, I would join your ranks were it not for my handicap of satellite internet, the built-in multi-second lag of which precludes my participation in online gaming. Further, I only do ME, not SE. So here I am with only Keen itself as a viable target, and how can one declare Keen heretical? Bug reports highlighting a lack of gravitational effects on overhaning masses of stone, and complaining of the perpetural motion machine that is the current rotor block, is about all I can do directly.

I do, however, strongly support your cause. Perhaps I could be of service designing instruments of torture? Otherwise, I'm afraid I can offer only moral support.

10. Wintersend Senior Engineer

You could do something like that or, with Martinineter's approval of course, serve as a deep cover operative and report back on potentially heretical organizations and gatherings.

11. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Every inquisitor has the right to conduct and initiate missions to seek, confirm and destroy any gathering of heretics. Every inquisitor can be considered an autonomous entity that may call upon it's brothers is time of great need. Therefor, Bullethead may conduct his brave undercover mission, nobody expects the Physics Inquisition!

12. Bullethead Apprentice Engineer

So am I in or what? Either way, I shall be alert for any sign of heretical activity :).

I have recently been experimenting with means of hurling holy fire down on the heads of heretics. With the torsion spring having been significantly nerfed in 02.006, we're pretty much stuck with the stock cup part to hold ammo as home-made boxes are too heavy. This means that fire buckets and single torch stands can no longer be used as catapult ammunition. The campfire, however, will sit nicely on the cup, can be launched successfully, and leaves a cool meteor-like trail of fire as it sails through the air. All well and good. However, there are problems.

First off, I need a ruling on the legality of using a campfire as ammunition. Is it herecy or not? In real life, the campfire represented by the game object isn't a single solid mass suitable for ammunition, but a collection of loose stones sitting on the ground surrounding an equally loose pile of embers and logs. Newton, peace be upon him, might frown on using it as ammo. But OTOH, if it is herecy to use a campfire as ammunition, then there is at present no flaming ammo that can be launched to useful ranges by a catapult mechanism. Maybe for a trebuchet, but not a catapult.

This is something of a moot point, however, because the campfire is very poor ammunition anyway. It loses velocity very quickly. It makes a very high arc, then floats down almost like a feather (an example of Keen's herecy), doing little or no impact damage. Further, at present the game doesn't allow it to ignite anything, not even a thatched roof, and if the campfire lands upside down (50/50 chance), its fire is snuffed out.

13. Bullethead Apprentice Engineer

14. TheAshenShadow Apprentice Engineer

Krolitian has been brought to our attention already, see above in the thread. Even more evidence of his guilt! He must be burned in holy fire!

15. SenorZorros Master Engineer

... does his usage of the lego spaceship guy increase or decrease the severity of his heresy?

16. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Well, not an official inquisitor here, but I'd say it averages out to a decrease simply because I enjoyed The Lego Movie.

17. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

I would say depends on the way he used it, if he used it in heretical activities it increases, however if used in normal\regular activities it decreases.

Edit\ : to clarify, if he used it in his device, or while experimented with, it increases. If he only showed it without using it during these activities it decreases

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
  18. SenorZorros Master Engineer

In that case I suggest we should be merciful and instead of chaining him up to a burning pyre we just chain him up to a wall while holding candles under his feet.

19. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Smelly candles?

20. TheAshenShadow Apprentice Engineer

Very smelly candles.

21. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Very sulfur like smelling candles/

22. Wintersend Senior Engineer

I'd say making him smell candles which smell of cat farts would be worse. You cannot understand what I mean if you have never been next to a cat as it broke wind.

23. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

true, ive never been next to a cat... Since im allergic(?) to them

24. Bullethead Apprentice Engineer

I would say that because ME currently lacks MP, what he does in the privacy of his own single-player sandbox doesn't matter. It has no effect on the orthodoxy of the greater community. HOWEVER, by posting this heretical device on the Workshop, he has infected countless other minds with heretical thoughts. Newton alone knows how many more heretics we will see, erstwhile devoutly orthodox players who were led astray by the inspiration of this blasphemous "spaceship".

This spreading of corruption amongst the masses is IMHO is the greatest possible sin and the worst possible outcome of heretical actions. There is no torture severe enough, no Hell deep enough, for proselytizing heretics. They are radix omnia malorum, too malignant to be mere humans, even humans belonging to that fringe relativistic cult. Surely they are possessed by quantum demons. These demons must be exorcised back to the non-Newtonian void from whch they came.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
  25. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

Omnes males mortua erunt, fratre.

26. Bullethead Apprentice Engineer

IN ODIVM HÆRETICI OMNIA PRÆSVMVNTVR! :D

27. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

It is good to see I am not the only Latin speaker in our ranks. Well met, amice. Forgive my grammar if ever I am wrong, I am a slight bit rusty at it.

28. Bullethead Apprentice Engineer

I don't claim to speak Latin, I just know enough to expose my ignorance of most of it ;). But I can't stop myself from tossing out phrases here and there. Pronouncing an anathema on a heretic just sounds so much more righteous in Latin :).

OMNES FLENTES PROIECERVNT SESE AD PEDES INQVISITORI

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
  29. Martinineter Senior Engineer

These people, dear brothers, are the embodiment of evil:
    http://forums.keenswh.com/post/the-newtonian-antiphysics-inquisition-inquisition-7336629?pid=1286546051#post1286546051

Burn them, DESTROY THEM!
    [​IMG]

Let eternal hell fall on the dark path that marks it's future, which it doesn't have!
    Release all weaponry, use excessive force if necessary! Even slight heretical activity is condoned for the time being!
    Let him feel the might of the physics inquisition, let him regret his decision, make it disappear as fast as it's ugly head appeared on this forum.

Make him pay!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

30. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

I have notified them of our plans for magnum bellum. The SOPF will be there to protect our daughter faction.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.