Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

THE SACRED ORDER OF THE PINK FLAMINGO

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by X__INFINITY__X, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. X__INFINITY__X Apprentice Engineer

Official Doctrine of:

[FONT= &#39] [/FONT]
    THE SACRED ORDER OF THE PINK FLAMINGO
    Officially Created 1-18-15
    Officially The first Faction Created in Medieval Engineers
    The Founders
    X__INFINITY__X
    WINTERSEND
    MARTININETER

INGENIO INGENS
    IAMALIVE

ALLIES -
    The New Templar Order
    [FONT= &#39]The Brotherhood Of The Golden Cross
    [/FONT][FONT= &#39]The Kingdom of Silen
    Qal'at Al-Hadara- Middle Eastern Themed Faction[/FONT]
    [FONT= &#39]

[/FONT]

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    [FONT= &#39]Steam Profile-

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SacredOrderPF/[/FONT]
    [FONT= &#39]______________________________________________________________________________________________________[/FONT]
    [FONT= &#39]Story-[/FONT]
    [FONT= &#39] First there was chaos, and out of that the 5 great leaders came together and formed the sacred order of the pink flamingo. Named after the sacred creature that gave them the power and wisdom to rule fair and just. They founded this order to battle those that seek to create chaos and disorder. Those that were found doing so were punished and purged in the hottest fire of hell. Together they became stronger and gained command over a small group of people that shared their insight, but wished to follow those with greater power and wisdom. But then came the medieval era, a time of heresy and chaos. The order of the pink flamingo endured and built a stronghold for those that seek security under the wing of our order. United we stand, our order shall overcome those that withstand our way[/FONT]​

Our Motto -
    Those who will not join or ally with the Order will be Tossed into the Fire where heretics belong. Those who want to follow us will be Welcomed with Open arms and a cold Drink.
    Nations will tremble at our name, kings will bow to our name. Together we will be United And Undefeatable.

Dress Code -
    Formal - Officials wear Pink, and Commoners wear White.
    Casual - All colors are accepted for Casual use.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Positions of power -
    Overseer - purplesomething
    Military General - [FONT= &#39]LikeaCake[/FONT]
    Commander of the Guard - DagganAttano
    Inquisitor Commander - Martinineter
    Defensive Engineer Commander - Wintersend
    Offensive Engineer Commander - Jcarrondo
    [FONT= &#39]Ambassador - ShadowBob[/FONT]
    Head Builder - ChaosUnlimited
    Union Leader - SonofEarl
    [FONT= &#39]Jester - [/FONT][FONT= &#39]BB.JoeNado[/FONT]

Commoner Jobs -[FONT= &#39]
    [/FONT]
    Inquisitors
    Soldiers
    Farmers
    Guard
    Miners
    Carpenter

Extra information -
    We also have a warm dessert trolley across the hall and two doors to the right. There is also an ice cream station next to the trolley. (help yourself)
    Union leader oversees all of the Labor jobs (Farmer, fisherman, miner, Woodcutter. Does not oversee any other head positions workers such as Carpenters, soldiers, Guards)
    Commoner jobs fall under the appropriate control of their Head Counterpart.
    In single player You will be your own ruler.
    If we are on a server and a founder or someone with power joins, they have the Appropriate command over you.
    You don't have to have any job if you want

[FONT= &#39]If you have any questions about positions or something general, message a founder or post in the thread.[/FONT]
    [FONT= &#39]Mo[/FONT]re jobs and positions could be added as more things get implemented
    Joining us means you agree to follow the orders/rules given to you by your superiors.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
  2. DDP-158 Master Engineer

Sounds like a bar I accidentally didn't want to be at one time.

3. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Yes! The Order of the Pink Flamingo will rise! With us we shall bring peace and prosperity to all of our lands, and perhaps decorative lawn ornaments.

P.s. should we be the Order of the Pink Flamingo or the Sacred Order of the Pink Flamingo?

4. X__INFINITY__X Apprentice Engineer

I think I like "the Sacred order of the pink flamingo" but we should also pick the name that makes the best abbreviation "OPF" "SOPF" "SOF" let's wait till we get the last 2 founders before we make a solid decision

5. X__INFINITY__X Apprentice Engineer

Lol

6. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Ok sounds like a plan, also, can I get the pending removed from next to my name now that I'm confirmed?

For the sake of saving a post:

It appears we now have some competition. the Royal Sun Empire.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
  7. Martinineter Senior Engineer

If you plan is to burn anyone that doesn't follow our rules, than I'm in. Mind if I start a small inquisition to secretly search for these heretics? Btw, sacred order of the pink flamingo sounds more godlike, only the worthy will be kept alive.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
  8. IAmAlive Trainee Engineer

Hey. I would like to join "THE ORDER OF THE PINK FLAMINGO" Thank you.

9. jurian-s Trainee Engineer

You had me at the cold drink, how could anyone not want to join this order?

10. waterlimon Senior Engineer

Sounds more like a disorder...

11. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Disorders are what shall fall upon those that oppose us, may the fire in which they burn be bright and just...

12. X__INFINITY__X Apprentice Engineer

Original Post has been Updated.

13. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Could you add an inquisition section to purge those that do not follow our rules? I would love to hunt those heretics down, maybe even with a inquisitorial squad of justice... 1 or 2 inquisitors should be fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
  14. X__INFINITY__X Apprentice Engineer

Original Post has been Updated.

15. Wintersend Senior Engineer

I'm pretty sure Martinineter gets inquisitor commander on this one. Nothing saying a founder can't hold a secondary role.

I personally would like to be Master of defense or something like that since I have plenty of experience in defending fortified locations due to playing other games in a similar vein: Stronghold, Stronghold Crusader, Dungeon Keeper, Dungeon Keeper 2, Supreme Commander/Forged Alliance, and this is not even including the games I've played where defense isn't highly customization. Dungeon Keeper 1/2 is where I did best, I've taken out entire armies before with nothing but a trapped hallway/room and a dragon(impressive, but can still be killed fairly easily if used poorly).

16. Martinineter Senior Engineer

I was indeed going to say that I would like to become commander of our just inquisition, but was afraid that it might come ove as 'cocky' or 'impatient', thank you for solving this internal struggle. I will keep your seat warm with the fires is which heritics shall burn as a gesture of gratitude...

17. Wintersend Senior Engineer

No problem fine and noble commander of our inquisition. I will also gladly share my designs for siege equipment here so that the heretics may more easily be expunged from their holdings, no matter how mighty they may be.

18. Martinineter Senior Engineer

May the blessings of our sacred lord Newton aid you on your endeavors.

19. X__INFINITY__X Apprentice Engineer

2 new positions added.

20. Wintersend Senior Engineer

So, I'm taking defense designer, and Martinineter is leading the inquisitorial squad, what position do you want X__INFINITY__X or would you rather serve as a sort of chairman and keep track of the general state of the Order of the Pink Flamingo?

21. Martinineter Senior Engineer

I vote for naming him 'Flamingo official' (or 'pink official')

22. X__INFINITY__X Apprentice Engineer

martinineter you got the position

wintersend you got the position

I'm not sure exactly what I want to do

23. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Thank you, and I've already got some defensive designs in the works, some of it relies on the collapsing of the terrain so that such things as making and then covering a ditch such that it won't collapse normally but will if enough weight is put on it. Have smaller ones with spikes on the bottom for anti-infantry, and larger ones sans spikes to cause mobile siege equipment to fall in and get stuck if it hits part of the ditch. Other fun things include long spear-like spikes attached to tripwires or ropes inside the castle so that when activated they come up to impale attackers from the force of their own charge. Maybe even a few classic boulder traps.

As you can probably tell I'm very fond of traps and failed to mention that I am really good at Kageros deception. It's a game where you have no attacks of your own and can only kill attackers various trap combinations, while it doesn't necessarily have to be combos, combining them makes it a lot easier Still remember the bear trap/arrow mask/boulder trap combo, one of the most devastating out there but very hard to pull off.

24. X__INFINITY__X Apprentice Engineer

It sounds like you will be a great defensive designer.

25. Martinineter Senior Engineer

I might try something...

26. X__INFINITY__X Apprentice Engineer

Here is our temporary emblem, i don't have photo shop so i cant make a good emblem.

[​IMG]

and its too small

27. Martinineter Senior Engineer

[​IMG]
    Something like this?

28. X__INFINITY__X Apprentice Engineer

Maybe, but more like this [​IMG]with some extra details behind the bird

29. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Second try:

[​IMG]

30. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Could still use a few modifications, but I generally like it, maybe remove the mostly-hidden cross from behind the flamingo and make it look a bit less surprised, at least I think the flamingo looks surprised given how it's eyes are done.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.