Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

THE SACRED ORDER OF THE PINK FLAMINGO

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by X__INFINITY__X, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Wintersend Senior Engineer

IDK only things I have an account on that can really be used for this kind of thing is here and steam.

2. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

Alright well I'll set up an RDM and open up steam on my computer at home

3. purplesomething Trainee Engineer

I think we should do something like skype, tango, bbm, or various other group messaging things. We can all accessories them on our phones and they would be private chats, plus a lot more talking and decision making would get done that way

4. Martinineter Senior Engineer

You do know that most of us lived in totally different timezones (EU or USA).
    Between me and Wintersend there is a 7 hour lag, chatting won't be an option most of the time.

5. LikeaCake Trainee Engineer

Still it's an easier (and more private for that matter) chat system than our current forum chat.

6. Martinineter Senior Engineer

How about the steam group chat? Very private and easy (when you are on a desktop)

7. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

Can't post pictures as far as I know and harder to use when mobile.

8. purplesomething Trainee Engineer

that's why I suggested something different, like skype or something because It can be accessed on mobile and computers. Even if the conversations are spaced out by time zones it's still a little easier and more private

9. Wintersend Senior Engineer

I just saw the event about the release and talking about getting a DS up and running as soon as they are available for the game. The question is, who will run it? I know we have at least like 3 weeks before that becomes an issue since its not launching with MP. But we should get this out of the way as soon as possible.

10. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

That's actually a good question. I can't do dedicated because it's my parent's wifi, not mine.

11. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Same here.

12. LikeaCake Trainee Engineer

Hey,
    just wanted to share (in case you didn't know).
    http://www.reddit.com/r/MedievalEngineers/comments/2vb5ik/medieval_engineers_early_access_to_the_early/

EDIT:
    COUNTDOWN EVERYBODY
    http://www.medievalengineers.com/buy.html

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2015
  13. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

I saw that too. It will be for sale 6am my time. Guess I have no choice but to be a morning person.

14. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Since it's not launching with MP or survival at first. The 5$ discount is worth waiting a few days in my case.

15. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

Until MP I might go in to recluse because I'm too busy making castles.

16. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!

And on that note I might disappear in to a ME based comatose until MP comes around.

17. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

This thread really died since launch.

18. X__INFINITY__X Apprentice Engineer

Its only because we are playing the game

If anyone wants to join our faction you can join our steam group and/or post in this thread.

There are still 2 positions open.

Military Governor

Union leader

If you just want to join us as a member, just join our steam group and post in the thread saying you joined.

Warning-

If no one gets the Military Governor Position than i may remove it, making the Military general the Highest military position.

19. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

Can't wait for MP, then we can actually build together.

20. Martinineter Senior Engineer

You actually should right now, too much hierarchy during battle is never a good thing and counteracts the efficiency with which we strike our foes. I really don't see the need for a governer that oversees the general, whilst the general can do everything that the govener has to do

21. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

Metaphorical red tape to hang ourselves with. Not good.

22. X__INFINITY__X Apprentice Engineer

Update-

There is only 1 position open

Union leader

If anyone wants to oversee the labor specific jobs once when MP and Survival comes out this is the job for you.

I just want to state that this is the Final Position of power (for now)

There are still The labor jobs (Mining,fishing,woodcutting...) but you don't have to apply for those jobs.

23. X__INFINITY__X Apprentice Engineer

I have updated the allies list, if I missed your faction, please send me a message, or post in the forum.

Thanks

24. SonofEarl Trainee Engineer

Can I become the Union Leader?
    Also I wish to burn the heretic

25. X__INFINITY__X Apprentice Engineer

Yes you can be the Union Leader

Welcome,
    also don't forget the Free snack bar, and soft serve ice-cream. We also have a cold drink dispenser.

26. Martinineter Senior Engineer

So you want to also be an inquisitor? Great, no better way to spend your free time!

27. X__INFINITY__X Apprentice Engineer

------------------------------
    RP-

This is a Glorious day For THE SACRED ORDER OF THE PINK FLAMINGO.

On this day, All Governmental Positions are taken.

Think On this - We are the first Faction In Medieval Engineers to have a 14 person Government.
    If you wish to Join this Glorious Order, You can join as a common Worker

End RP

If you want to join us, we don't have any positions of power open, However The P.O.Ps Still need their squads

For instance each P.O.P Need helps/workers

Offensive Engineers Commander - 4-5 workers For him (you help him build, and take orders from him)

Defensive Engineers Commander - 4-5 workers For Him (you help him build, and take orders from him)

Military General - 10-100 Soldiers for him (If you want to fight, this is the spot, so sign up)

Commander of the Guard - 5-10 Guards for him (Guard the castle at all costs)

Inquisitor Commander - If you want to help him join his Sub Faction - http://forums.keenswh.com/post/the-physics-inquisition-a-subfaction-7268715?pid=1286193009#post1286193009

Head Builder - 5-10 carpenters (you help him Build things)

If you can think Of a position of power, that we don't have (and you want that position) Tell us and we will decide if it is necessary.

28. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Wouldn't the group of engineers be combined? When we attack, the offensive commander takes over, when at home, defensive commander takes over. Less complication, more work done, easier to grasp and more efficiency (as so engineers will idle)

29. X__INFINITY__X Apprentice Engineer

The O.E.C will be building Offensive battlements, If The O.E.C squad wants to Man the battlement they just made, then they can. Or let the Military General Use them.

The D.E.C will be building Defensive Battlements, These guys make Defensive Structures (IF its used for defense they make it). For example a pitfall trap, Falling rocks, Landmines, Castle walls(along side the Builder).

Think of it like this

The O.E.C and D.E.C are specialty squads. When The O.E.C is needed they go to work, And same for D.E.C.

If the military general calls in support (Catapults, Long range fire support) it comes in from the O.E.C.

I think this makes sense?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
  30. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Yes, yes you do :)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.