Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

THE SACRED ORDER OF THE PINK FLAMINGO

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by X__INFINITY__X, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

I really hope founders don't need official positions. I'd be glad to just sit in council and sometimes interfere with the head builder to show my own designs.

2. X__INFINITY__X Apprentice Engineer

What do you mean?

If you mean - You want to be able to hop into another group as a founder.

For instance if you want to help the head builder you go up to him and tell him you are temporarily joining his group. Doing this means that you have to Obey his orders, Even if you are a founder.

Founders are Wild cards, we can be whatever we want.

3. Wintersend Senior Engineer

I'm a founder and the defensive engineering commander. So we can hold two positions and serve as the head of the branch we are in charge of, but can hop elsewhere if needed.

Also, you forgot about the warm dessert trolley and the bacon.

4. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

Okay good, I wanna dabble in various divisiona but not commit fully yet.

5. SonofEarl Trainee Engineer

Thanks, I will make good use of the ice-cream!

6. jcarrondo Trainee Engineer

For istance,
    I'm the Offensive engineer commander, but like when the multiplayer comes, ill go under the control of the union leader, since i will be mining/woodcutting.

And welcome, SonofEarl

7. Poisonchocolate Trainee Engineer

This seems to be a very prestigious group, and I would certainly like to request entrance!

In case there are any jobs, I guess I will advertise that my main skills are that I know literally everything there is to know about ancient engineering and tactics (also medieval), both offensive and defensive. It's almost an obsession. But yes, I'm fascinated with the advantages of bastions over towers, star forts over square forts, why glacises should be used, etc. Of course, the really cool stuff is the offensive weaponry. If you'd like I'll explain the workings and classifications of ballistae, onagers, trebuchets, gastraphetes, mangonels and all types of siege engines. I can tell you why certain types of engines fell out of style in the medieval era (the ballista, for example), and the advantages and disadvantages of each. Besides this stuff, I'm a massive fan of ancient strategy. I've literally studied the Battle of Guagamela, the Battle of Trebia, the Battle of Hastings, and a couple of other battles, just to see what the strategies are that work best, what tactics are the most effective.

I know this all sounds like bragging, but don't think of it that way-- I just want to help.

8. jcarrondo Trainee Engineer

This certainly is a prestigiuos group, and the biggest of all the groups.

You sir, do seem to have a lot of experience, but it goes through many areas. Through what it seems you could apply as a deffensive engineer, an offensive engineer, some kind of sub-rank from the general as the tactitian or also a sub-rank from the head builder.
    Or maybe you could just "rotate" through them as you were most needed but that would be complicated. Maybe you should like focus on only one or two "areas", so it's easier for everyone, if so, choose wisely.
    Good luck with your future choice and most certainly welcome to the Sacred Order of the Pink Flamingo.

9. Poisonchocolate Trainee Engineer

I most enjoy the offensive engineering-- ballistae, onagers, and all that. But yeah, it doesn't matter what I do, anything is fine.

10. Poisonchocolate Trainee Engineer

jcarrondo has accepted me as an Offensive Engineer now. But my question is, I assume it would be fine at any time to just give some advice to other areas if they need it, help where I can?

11. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

I don't see why not. Wouldn't hurt, as long as you don't abandon your job to do so.

12. Wintersend Senior Engineer

As long as you don't try to take over a position from someone else I don't see a problem.

13. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

Random question but has anyone seen Iamalive since his first post? Why is he a founder?

14. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Because he is the brother of infinity, so he is like a prince of something of that manner.

15. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

Understandable. Makes sense now. Just thought he was a random person who got founder just because he was first to ask.

16. ChaosUnlimited Trainee Engineer

while looking into the rope building mechanics that have been on youtube i have a couple idea's for cranes and other types of lifts using homemade gears i won''t know if they work untill i get the game tomorrow.

sorry for being so quiet but most of my designs are hard to explain even more so when i haven't even built the first prototype... but that changes tomarrow at some time (hopefully)

also if my design works ill submit a ballista design i have to the offensive and defensive commanders once i have tested it (have a design for both defensive and offensive versions)

i also have a tower thrower trebacha idea (think lord of the rings) buuuttttt that design would be for a massive siege and i honestly think it won't work plus the inquisition might call it haresy...

oh and last but not least i have a cart design... might be able to be used in multiple roles..

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
  17. PeterHammerman Junior Engineer

*A letter from the Great Kingdom Of Poland*

We're pleased to inform You that building of the embassy has been completed. We're now can respectively accommodate Your diplomats.
    Also new marketplace has been build in town so trade routes are now avaible.
    *sign of a king*

18. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

Looks impressive already. I imagine by the time MP comes out you'll have the greatest build of them all.

19. Wintersend Senior Engineer

I've got an idea.

Do people remember Xocliw's first castle?

We build something similar to that, except we have a ramp leading up or an elevator to lower to the plains below. Either one collapse-able if needed. Then, along the upper portion of the cliff we add a wall overlooking the pass. On that wall we can mount various traps like building oil, rolling logs, and dropping rocks. Between various sections of the wall we put wooden walkways that can be destroyed so even if they manage to take one section, they can't get anything else. We also set long range, precise siege equipment overlooking the valley to pepper enemies on the lower section of the approach. This also means that we need to bend the mountain walkway so that it opens onto the plain as opposed to winding around the mountain. Maybe with a gate/wall at the bottom. Around the gate we can position other traps, like whirling blades that spin when the tension on a rope is released, or maybe when the rope is pulled depending on how fast that would cause it to rotate.

This would mean that any attempt to actually take the thing would be a nightmare in every sense of the world. You can't set up camp near it, you can't build a forward base, penetrating just one section of wall won't matter, and it will be extremely difficult to get any siege equipment in a position to attack the wall that will actually help the attackers on foot.

All this comes with minimal added difficulty to resource acquisition due to the ramp and/or elevator providing an easily collapsed backdoor which still requires that you go through the main gate leading into the fortress itself.

I imagine even a small team should have little difficulty in holding to a numerically superior force.

20. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

So essentially use height to Krak Des Chevaliers the situation .

36 days, outnumbered 10:1.

21. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Something similar I think. Granted I'm not too familiar with that castle.

Here's the link for the first version of our castle. From some durability testing, the castle basically can't be hit by the large shots, from either catapults or thrown, from the ground. The ramp's too treacherous to get much one except for cart and even then it's curve makes it hard to aim at the castle without being at its door.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=396001675

Here's the damage from 6 medium shots to the right wall.

[​IMG]

22. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

Krak Des Chevaliers was a castle from the crusades. It was besieged and horribly outnumbered, and yet the defenders held the enemy at bay for 36 days. They didn't even get defeated in battle, they only lost when they received a forged letter ordering them to surrender.

23. Martinineter Senior Engineer

I'll be absent for the coming week due to a trip out of town to persue heretics (vacation). I don't have access to a postal service(internet), so messages will not be received or answered during that time.

Stay strong brothers!

24. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

But what if multiplayer comes out before you're back?!

25. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Stay strong my friend. We can still work on the keep without him. Although there will be a time when he works on it without any of us. It wouldn't be right for any others to know where the Inquisitorial headquarters is inside of the keep.

26. Martinineter Senior Engineer

IF it even resides there... Most equipment will be stored there, but the inquisitors will reside in a small house with a cave underneath. This will keep prying eyes and listening ears away, the citizens will also not be disturbed by any screams and bloodtrails that will certainly come out of the inquisitorial headquarters...

It will be build according to the following specs:

Security: classified
    Arsenal: classified
    What to expect upon discovery: nothing...
    Prisoner capacity: classified

27. Martinineter Senior Engineer

I managed to send a carefully crafted drawing to my Dutch embassy:

[​IMG]

28. Wintersend Senior Engineer

That's surprisingly like where I am if you take away the mountains in the background. We had snow last night but still have some patches of green here and there.

29. Ingenio Ingens Apprentice Engineer

It's brown and white where I am. Winter can't make up it's mind if it's leaving or not.

30. LikeaCake Trainee Engineer

Same...

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.