Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

The Stamp Mill is Fantastic! Now for your next trick.....

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Amazing, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Captain Amazing Trainee Engineer

I spend a lot of time griping on the forums, so after playing with the new Stamp Mill for a few minutes I just wanted to give KEEN a thumbs up for a change. This tool answers the problems with crafting small stone at the table, and replaces the 'ore crusher' mod with a speedier version. I'll miss the graphic of the old ore crusher, but I can always just set one up in the corner for ol' times sake.

Now while we are all still glowing from the praise I'd like to suggest that the next bottleneck is the furnace. Now that I have sacks and sacks of iron dust, I still need to paddle them through the furnace one bar at a time, 6 max. Ouch.

The solution? The Foundry. It's the upgraded version of the furnace, where you can make molds, then load the molds (and maybe fancy fuel like coal or oil only) into the foundry, and walk away while the ore bars are mass produced. Make the bellows hook to the windmill so you need power too, keep it an endgame tool.

Finally, the crafting table can upgrade to the workshop, maybe a passive NPC style toon standing next to a big bench to make your torches and catchblocks for you.

We get our old crafting UI's back, and there is still a progression as you go from stone ax to simple furnace to foundry and factory.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

3. Theurgist Trainee Engineer

While a windmill powered bellows + foundry is a nice idea, what would it's ultimate purpose be?

Sure, smelting ores, but what for?
    There's nothing that uses metal in sufficient quantity to specifically need them processed faster. As-is it's easy enough to run 2-3 furnaces next to each other and keep cycling emptying and refilling them. You'd only do that very irregularly as most consumable metal is in the form of metal parts, and that's 10 per ingot.

4. zippykat Trainee Engineer

Great addition

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.