Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

The true and only way to combat and win against "trolls", "griefers" or anything else in any server

Discussion in 'General' started by .Luca, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. .Luca Trainee Engineer

Is to make everything with the mindset that they will eventually be destroyed and come to term with it. I have more than 1200 hours in the game, many of them spent in vanilla official multiplayer servers and I've lost many ships and bases. Don't make things you'll mind losing, because when you do it gives you the hermit mindset and you'll worry about losing things more than enjoying the game.

I've seen so many players quit the servers I'm on because their stuff got destroyed or damaged by someone, I'm not the kind of player who destroy other people's stuff myself but I really gotta say when you worry about your stuff getting destroyed you became your own enemy and not the actual people you should be shooting at

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Calaban Junior Engineer

Or- just find a server hosted by someone who thinks trolling and being generally toxic to the gaming group is a bad thing, with other dedicated admins on most of the time to immediately eject any such behavior (msg me for ip)

Some may ask "then what is the point of playing in this wargame?" .. and to those people who genuinely feel that way... You are not welcome there

To some who say "that leads to abusive admins" ... abusing a bully doesnt count.

An active admin has always been the best way to keep bad behavior under control, and now I know of one. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

The total destruction of your finest work is not limited to trolls. One Keen update could really do a number on months of work. Updates tended to happen right after you figured out how to do what you had been trying to do, and made it so that whatever you did wouldn't work any more. Of course, in SP, as long as you have blueprints you can reverse and/or mitigate catastrophe fairly easily. What trolls on servers really do is turn your efforts into wasted time, with the prospect that it will take more time just to get back to where you were. How you deal with that is what attracts and feeds trolls. Anything you leave on a server is not likely to remain intact. When you are on a public server you should assume someone will make your build a target and they will destroy it if no one is around. Trolls will argue that destroying other people's stuff is the point of being on a server. That's the "game". They don't build anything that you can retaliate on. All they need is a hand drill to dismantle your fleet carrier. They know that's what gets you. Don't let it.

Everyone has a little mischief in them, but it takes a genuine asshole to log in to a server just to make other people, likely perfect strangers, miserable. There aren't many people like that, so a cooperative effort (admins and players) could identify and eliminate them quite efficiently.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.