Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

They gave us a new teaser guys, watcha think?

Discussion in 'General' started by jozsefsz, May 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. jozsefsz Apprentice Engineer

Title says it all, here's the link.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Malware Master Engineer

"Internal"? I see a bunch of forum member names chatting there. This would be taken from the recent public multiplayer test, wouldn't it...? Which would mean it's neither a teaser nor internal.

Nitpicking, I know, but still :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

They threw a party and we weren't invited. I call that internal. :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Malware Master Engineer

If you'd been in the discord multiplayer channel you would have been. They just didn't want the entire world in there, that wouldn't have helped. So no, it wasn't internal. It was public. Limited, sure. Controlled. But certainly not internal.
    --- Automerge ---
    (@Ronin1973 in case my botched up quote didn't tag you)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

every single one of my...that should of exploded violently or bugged out....sensors just went nuts at that one clip.
    Impressive.
    Im still adjusting to how things don't explode in SE since the physics overhaul

6. Gustavo Julião Trainee Engineer

I talked to one of them and they said that it was internal test was not in Dedicated public

7. Omnifarious Trainee Engineer

Imagine mulitplayer being this kind of stable... Are the days of being able to walk on your ship while it's moving coming back?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gustavo Julião Trainee Engineer

I do this well in multiplayer, even with low SS and large ships. This can be the internet you use or the computer I think and even the Dedicated.

Even though having its defects the multiplayer has been doing a long time that I have no problem in walking in moving ship

9. Malware Master Engineer

They might have called it an internal test, but it wasn't. They probably just meant that it wasn't a test running on the public version. I can point you to the pinned posts in the multiplayer channel. It was a public test because the public had access; but it was on a beta branch you needed a password to access - that you got in the pinned posts in the multiplayer channel. In fact... apparently they're gonna have another test soon, according to that channel.

https://discord.gg/0hIE7GirODUqhfIg - look for the #multiplayer channel

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Omnifarious Trainee Engineer

Hmm, you might be an outlier. I don't personally play the game, but every Youtuber/streamer I watch can't walk around moving vehicles without being killed. Even on dedicated servers.

11. Gustavo Julião Trainee Engineer

Like I said earlier. Lately this is not happening when I play in dedicated and dedicated with surroundings of a 5 to 10 players Since the last update. Already do not know what week, month or year you are watching the videos.

12. Omnifarious Trainee Engineer

As in the last couple of days. By new update, do you mean the unreleased MP changes one? Or a previous update? Just tune into one of the larger personalities, like Captain Shack's sunday SE streams. Even while alone, he'll die when trying to move about his vessel while it's not stationary. ...that is, if getting out of the pilot's seat doesn't kill him first. And Colony survival with their group of about 10, with the likes of the big SE people like LSG and Captain Jack. Basically the big ones. Y'know, XP gamers and stuff.

13. Zoladen Apprentice Engineer

Is that what Spy Hunter looks like in the future?

14. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

I would be more convinced if we had not already found out when they did the graphics ummm "upgrade" that Keen have settings in the game that only they can access. If they ran that demonstration on one of their machines who knows what settings they tweaked to get it to work.

I have my condiments ready though for a slice of humble pie if I am wrong though. We will see.

15. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Actually, the issues I see most in multi, apart from the well documented problems, are with unmerging grids. They can go all explodium if separating a ship from a static grid, or the mass and center of mass gets all fubar'ed when unmerging from a ship. The precalculated mass and center of gravity carries over from the old grid rather than being recalculated for both "new" grids.

16. Malware Master Engineer

@May Rears What would they gain by that, when it's gonna hit public anyway? What would they gain - this not being a demonstration but a clearly labeled public test? That makes absolutely zero sense. Keen has made plenty of questionable decisions, but they've never deliberately misled anyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

This test was also posted on Reddit. It wasn't exactly top secret, just not posted here.

18. Malware Master Engineer

If that's the case then I'd put that into the earlier mentioned category of "questionable decisions"... I mean, I could understand it if they limited themselves to Discord, but why Discord and reddit... and not here?

I'm sure they have their reasons but still...

19. Farindark Apprentice Engineer

Greetings

I cry "CLICKBAIT!". I see no new official teaser. 16 seconds of mild "hmm interesting" but still wild CLICKBAIT! Can I have my 16 seconds back please? :p

20. AlfieUK4 Trainee Engineer

I don't believe that it was an 'official' post on Reddit, it was reposts of Flexx's Discord posts for the 1st and now 2nd test by high-profile users. Because of the sometimes haphazard nature of various social media announcements appearing on one channel (twitter, facebook, discord, etc) andf not others it's quite common for subReddit users to repost them for those that don't follow those mediums.

21. Malware Master Engineer

Oh, ok, then we're back to it making a little bit of sense then :D

22. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

It is the same that would be gained for them using video and screenshots from settings that new players will not be able to use, or even the current background video in the menu screens that shows vast dense asteroid fields which don't exist, or the teasers for the physics update that show subgrids with multiple pistons actually working without exploding, that is misleading. Like I said, it might not be the case and im just being a cynical crusty old space engineer.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Malware Master Engineer

@May Rears the background images you talk of are simply old pictures with the old skybox and the old limited worlds. It actually used to look like that. Now we actually have that many rocks, just spaced out a little better. No misleading there. The piston stuff wasn't misleading either. I had stuff like that working, so did many others. But it didn't show multiplayer. And there being bugs does not mean misleading, just... that there are bugs. Of course there are bugs. It will be misleading if it still doesn't work right on gold release, not before.

24. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I've seen enough Keen teasers to take anything with a grain of salt... okay several grains of salt... enough to kill a colony of space slugs.

25. Malware Master Engineer

@Ronin1973 Still not a teaser of any kind... That was a movie of ordinary players on a test server. They're currently running another one.

Not saying you shouldn't take it with a grain of salt, you probably should, but... no, not a teaser.

A couple of servers are being run by selected community members too, btw. It's not just by Keen themselves.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

Good job salt is in abundance around here :D

27. Calaban Junior Engineer

Just watched the Multiplayer test server stream from Xocliw... now I see what the Safe Zone is. A Literal nu-uh forcefield

28. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

I tried my best to get through it with my linear, non-griefer brain and couldn't do it. Apparently there's a Clang-mine that can still penetrate it so not fool-proof :(

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.