Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

This game really needs a few things added to it.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by propagandawar, Apr 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. propagandawar Apprentice Engineer

Medieval Engineers is a cool concept. However it really needs cool Enemies. Like a Roaming Giant that throws boulders. Possibly a Dragon. It needs farmers AI Archers for Battlements and Shieldsman to protect the gates. It needs AI hordes. I guess life is what I am getting at. As they wont have Catapult AI I think a Giant would be bad ass.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Late Late x 1
  2. JNC Apprentice Engineer

They wont have catapult AI?! space engineers has AI that can move, aim, and shoot, why not Medieval Engineers?

3. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

because medieval is not space age.... and space age, just like modern day, has computers and sensors that shoot... so in medieval, we should add brains to the crafting recipe. or just order a peasant to control the machine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JNC Apprentice Engineer

That's what I was thinking when I posted... of course the catapult itself wont have AI! Propagandawar made it sound like catapults will be useless for the AI (computer opponents) so a giant should replace it. Since SE has AI capable of doing the equivalent of firing a catapult there's no reason there cant be an AI siege operator person in medieval engineers, or a crossbowman, or anyone else that aims and fires something.

5. Cetric Junior Engineer

Please no fantasy junk like giants and dragons, sorcerers and what else... Or maybe only as mod content, so the realistic gamer keeps his balanced mind - and those fantasy elements on long arm's distance.
    People and soldiers - yes!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. tharkus Junior Engineer

Meanwhile i agree that a realistic/historic setting could be nicer than a fantasy one, the DEVS are the only to choose wich is the Theme of the game. so, dont be so agressive to the ones who come with some fantasy ideas and suggestions.
    :)

7. Cetric Junior Engineer

Hey, that wasn't said in aggressive style at all. Unless you find a determined 'no' aggressive enough to fit this expression. Those players who favor fantasy elements find a vast field in popular role playing stuff somehow placed in a pseudo-medieval world, like 'The Witcher' or 'Skyrim' or a hundred more featuring the usual suspects: dragons, dwarfs, sorcerers, orks, zombies, vampires, walking skeleton warriors, ghouls, elves, gremlins etc... all are factors which keep me away from games containing them, the constant repetion of that repertoire is already getting banal. I respect people's wish for such dreamworld for their role playing needs, huhhh... but really, I am utterly hampered in my immersion attempt when I hear of their participating. I need realism or as close as a computer game can get to realism for liking it. And I am sorry for future games who again and again repeat such content because developers think they are crucial for successes.

8. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

First they have to finish medieval engineers... but i agree creat medieval engineers in fantasy world without realism with: beasts, magic, move time litle forward and use black powder and cannons, steam engine + flying machines or somthink similar atc... will be fun too, but it will probably end just like game mod created by players. ( just imagine magical piston or rotor EXPLODE ! :tu: )

9. RayvenQ Moderator

And they have, As stated on the ME store page and on the ME Website "Medieval Engineers is inspired by real medieval technology and the way people built architectural works and mechanical equipment using medieval technology. Medieval Engineers strives to follow the laws of physics and history and doesn't use any technologies that were not available in the 5th to 15th centuries."

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.