Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Thruster programming, Order to despawn and Jumpdrive programming

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by Artemis40A4, May 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Artemis40A4 Trainee Engineer

Question one:
    Is there a way to let the programming block override all Thrusters that point in the same direction without the need to name them befor? (So is it able to automaticly sort them?)

Question two:
    Can I order a ship in the programm to despawn?

Question three:
    Is it possible to get the jump order for the jumpdrive on a button pannel and get an NPC ship to jump.

Question four:
    There is the order to find the closest player. Is there something like this to get the closest large/smale ship that is enemy with the npc running the program?

So I assume you realise that I am a noob in programming. So here are the reasons I want to do the stuff on top just in case there is another workearound. First: I Build a ship and want it to be piloted by button panel only (like that old model here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=541571107 ) Last time I did it with timerblocks and groups and it was realy complycated. This time I want to use a programmel block to use all the thrusters. (last time some were overriden permanantly and switched on and off, of sorts. But some stayed normal for the inerthia dampeners to work)
    And I want to jump the ship by bushing a button as well. I mean everything else is possible by button so that I want to do too.

The second part is I want to create some cylons. Sort of. The fighters I want to dogefight and despawn if not used anymore to reduce the load for the pc. The main carryer I want to follow the player (and spawn new raiders). Meaning it has to jump after them because I want that if you damage the ship it stayes damaged the next time you encounter it. So you can take it out over time ore run till its fuel runs out.

2. Phoera Senior Engineer

1)you can use IMyCubeBlock.Orientation, i think it must be equals on thrusters on same grid.
    one trick is the fact that you will get orientation relative to grid one(so nose of the of the can be not forward orientation).
    2)what means despawn? except copy/paste nothing can disappear.
    you can dissasemble things.
    3)no.
    4)no, only sensors(also may be turrets, but did not tryed it).

3. Artemis40A4 Trainee Engineer

To Q4. Is it possible to use Beacons or Antennas as IFF (Identify friend or foe) So to tell the AI to get the antennas GPS and fly towards it?

4. Phoera Senior Engineer

no, PB API cannot see antennas and beacons(other grid i mean)

5. Artemis40A4 Trainee Engineer

:( Thank you. I will try to get the thrusters working first and then bother with the rest. So I think here can be closed for now. :closed:

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.