Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Time to start up the hype train again

Discussion in 'General' started by halipatsui, Oct 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. FoolishOwl Junior Engineer

Is that a term for an approach to software development? I did a quick Web search and didn't come up with a definition.

Not long after I first visited this forum, I saw a post from someone complaining that they didn't want to develop a mod for a game that was still in development. There's clearly a healthy modding community here, but I remain puzzled how modders can proceed without knowing whether KSH will add a feature that obviates, displaces, or conflicts with the mod they've created.

2. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

likewise.
    I just get confused when i see a modders script.
    I can see the brackets and symbols and can see the basic building blocks that makes it work. :) but haven't a clue how they think this stuff up.

Although i need learn how to fix my soundblock mods. :p
    last i saw we need to now use .wav's instead of convert them into a sound format. useful. it sounds quicker.

3. FoolishOwl Junior Engineer

That's kind of a different thing than I was talking about, though it does remind me that KSH has at least been good about providing information about scripting APIs, and other features that modders have access to, which goes a ways towards explaining what modders can do, with some confidence that KSH has allowed for them to do so.

4. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Yes. Things are worked on for a while until they can be implemented. Then the next shiny feature is added without the prior one being evaluated as far as GAME PLAY. Features are just features; not a collection of well thought-out systems that integrate.

5. Malware Master Engineer

No, he was being rude. A.D.D. stands for Attention Deficiency Disorder.

Simple. Most of them don't care. Heck, most of them would love if their mod got integrated into the game. That's happened several times already. Of course KSH don't just flatly merge mods into the game, they have to be reimplemented as proper systems, which is one reason why it doesn't happen more often, but it does happen.

6. FoolishOwl Junior Engineer

Well, like I was saying, I had forgotten that KSH *has* specifically pointed out resources for modders to use, e.g., the scripting API, and some example mods. It's a much friendlier environment than others I was thinking of.

7. admanter Apprentice Engineer

I wish i could mark this post like/agree more!(ignoring the rude element as mentioned by malware.)

8. damoran Junior Engineer

9. Jas Apprentice Engineer

Battery fix (currently have infinite power because they stuck whit a ghost input, only way to reset is to off and on ... ridicoulus)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SpecFrigateBLK3 Senior Engineer

This is not the bug report forum. Go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Whiskey2049 Trainee Engineer

I'd like to see fauna on planets. Some friendly/aggressive animals that just spawn in the planet. They can be found walking or feeding. Some will attack the player, others be scared by the player.

I think spiders could provide a great survival experience in certain planets that the player is willing to land. The current implementation could benefit from some improvements. There could be spider nests, different types of spiders: a type that only attacks players, another one that attacks players/ships and yet another one that attacks stations. Spiders would just attack at night or when the player gets close to the nest. If the player is able to destroy a nest he could get some sort of reward that can only be found on nests.
    I guess spiders could even try to conquer the entire planet.

12. russo_bolado Junior Engineer

The cake is a lie.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. halipatsui Senior Engineer

The day is the day right?!?!?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Roxette Senior Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Here.
    Have a dime.
    Is it already the time?
    Or will today be sour?
    Like a lime?

16. Spets Master Engineer

it is today?
    doesn't look like though
    is it?
    is it not?
    could it be?
    should it be?
    it is so quiet
    no teasers
    no hints
    silence
    dramatic
    suspense

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

i mean this in a joking sort of way but.

-bug fixes and improvements.

18. Dax23333 Junior Engineer

It is today!!! It must be!

-Volumetric space beer.
    -Big scary bears on mars.
    -Space ducks (like space whales but yellow and ducks).
    -Square space bycicle wheels.
    -Comedically sized spatula for smoothing voxels, but leaving spatula marks on them.
    -Wood as a construction material, so we can make wooden space ships that catch fire when exposed to thruster flame.
    -Reskined engineers head to look exactly like Xocliw, complete with sunglasses.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. halipatsui Senior Engineer

All aboard the reasonable expectation train!

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. rexxar Senior Engineer

can we get some hype for female volumetric edible cyberladders?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Thales M. Senior Engineer

My guesses:
    1. Major overhaul to wheels & suspension and driving physics.
    2. Major survival overhaul with new blocks which we saw before in teaser: wind turbine, combustion engine, small refinery.
    3. Humble beginnings, tech tree, progression, reasons to go other planets and moons.
    4. Aerodynamics with wings.

22. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

I'll be content and wait for it. :)

otherwise i'll set myself up like one of those "okay okay okay meme" videos.

23. Sarekh Senior Engineer

still a better lovestory than twilight

• Funny Funny x 5
  24. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Uuaaarggh
    Still no anniversary update :,(
    --- Automerge ---
    Well at least flexx has had his wish since HYPE TRAIN IS ALREADY AT FULL SPEED
    (CHOO CHOO)

25. rexxar Senior Engineer

(I wrote that part ;) )

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  26. oleando Apprentice Engineer

Hope you guys at keen seriously have something good in stock, because that comment section on youtube is a slaughter

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Spets Master Engineer

this was your fault Spets!

• Funny Funny x 3
  28. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

There was less beard though, haha

29. May Rears Apprentice Engineer

I hate being right...nameless "bug fixes and improvements" and something to do with skins no one asked for lol

30. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

This isn't the anniversary Major update, they pushed it back a few weeks for quality improvements.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.