Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Time to start up the hype train again

Discussion in 'General' started by halipatsui, Oct 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Malware Master Engineer

In really encouraged by that tbh. Not too long ago they'd probably just push it and damn the consequences. Seems like they're serious about this change in method.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Time is needed for perfecting volumetric water and learning waterproof AI-ladders that come with it you know.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Thermonuklear Junior Engineer

Where did the info about the delay come from btw? Didn't spot it in the patch notes... Though that doesn't say much! :D
    ---
    Funny how nostalgic it felt to see an old-style update video.

4. Carrion Senior Engineer

hmmmmm

[​IMG]

what is this we have industrial cockpits..................Nanite factory............. me thinks somone made a teeny error with the notes today

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Nope, actually, they're right. Apparently there were CTD occuring when using those specific mods for some reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Carrion Senior Engineer

awww
    and here was me hoping for a non mod industrial view

7. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

2nd paragraph of the patch announcement ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

heh so now they're suppose mods....im kidding....cracking a joke.
    but still imagine being a player that isn't aware of this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thermonuklear Junior Engineer

Ha! I knew I missed something! Have a space beer, this round's on me :beer:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. FoolishOwl Junior Engineer

They usually don't name specific mods in patch notes, but they do make it clear they're concerned with bugs that affect mods, which is quite impressive.

11. rexxar Senior Engineer

Well, the crashes were related to work I've been doing, and hopefully everyone knows that I always do my damndest to communicate everything I can :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  12. halipatsui Senior Engineer

All aboard the hype train
    Will there be pleasure?
    Or pain?
    Will xocliws pun cause mindless erasure?
    Or will next major be a gain?

What is keens goal?
    Where will we put our coal?
    I know my coal wont go in vain.
    WHEN I INSERT IT TO FURNACE OF THE HYPE TRAIN!!!
    https://goo.gl/images/xam98Y

CHOO CHOO ALL ABOARD

Edit:there are no parachute hatches or inertial dampeners in the hype train

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. ViroMan Senior Engineer

Who needs faulty inertial dampeners when you can use a script to do it for you with more options? :)

14. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Hype train does not need any custom dampeners either

15. Whiskey2049 Trainee Engineer

Thanks rexxar I think most people really appreciate your dedication with the game and the community

16. damoran Junior Engineer

*raises glass.

Indeed, you guys are great, we all appreciate your hard work even if it may not seem so at times.

I'm thinking it'll be perhaps a little more love on the terrestrial side of things, wind-generators, hydrogen engines, maybe wings?

As always, I'm hoping for better solutions to the functional blocks to make them more reliable (wheels, rotors and pistons) and just maybe some more block shapes, like half block slant corners.

Fingers crossed

17. quarior14 Trainee Engineer

I want functionnal LCD cockpit instead blue screen because there are many script for LCD.
    Also more experience purpose for single player.
    And for final, Keen, surprise us :)

18. Thales M. Senior Engineer

Some scripts create high lag on servers. Is there fix for that? (Such as disabling scripts which create lag.)

19. Malware Master Engineer

Use the scripter role so only people you trust deal with scripts. Scripts causing high lag are poorly written scripts. There's no way to disable specific scripts, because they can just copy the source and put it in themselves.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. Defcon Trainee Engineer

I just want them to find the magic bullet that was causing DS multiplayer to not work properly.

21. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Winter has come there is no hay
    Will hype train reach its station today?

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. Sarekh Senior Engineer

I'd say no, it'll take another detour. They said weeks, not week, as far as I remember :-/

23. Gaborboy95 Trainee Engineer

Man, the SE community is great. I wish i had this game

24. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Looks like hype train has
    To
    Add
    Gas

25. Auhrii Apprentice Engineer

(I'm sorry. I'll go fetch the fuel scoop.)

26. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Get cistern full of gas, because how i see it:

I bet, they was working very hard on the next major update which was originally scheduled to release last week, but they will probably delay it for a few more months to perfect all the changes, when they must waste time on game optimalization... probably because there is still so many people who cry about it and can not wait for developers place all blocks in game first :p
    ( thats just trolled update part from last week )

But seriosly... so much time used for optimalizations problems, that returns every few weeks, because game is not in stage when you focus on optimalizations yet... ?
    ( i just had to say it after 10 months of Beta improvements + Minor - Beta improvements ) I was kinda hoping developers will see it too... and return to adding new blocks in game first :(.

27. Malware Master Engineer

Beta is exactly the stage where optimizations happen... But some optimizations may invalidate other optimizations. And make bugs happen. Optimization is difficult.

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. odizzido Junior Engineer

My hype levels are at minor....not because I don't like SE, but because I don't really hype myself up for stuff. Doesn't mean I am not looking forward to it.

I would suspect that the next update is the survival overhaul. A lot of new blocks that would be useful for that have been teased so unless they've scrapped all that work I am going to say this is the case.

That being said I can only hope they've rebalanced the existing survival aspects as well. Adding a wind generator while keeping reactors as powerful as they are would be pointless beyond having a new, yet underpowered, block.

Same thing with the hydrogen generator. I think it could be used as a better battery and a very efficient way to transfer wind power to space(wind makes hydrogen which explodes in space to make ice and power) but of course hydrogen thrusters would become incredibly expensive then. Maybe a realistic hydrogen checkbox would be cool.

Anyways I hope it's well done. I've said before that beta is a great time to test balance and new ideas but they never did that. I still think player interaction is pretty important since you can't know how something will work until it's out in the wild but there is always a chance they will do well regardless. Here's hoping.

29. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Wheel update along with survival rework would also be logical since wheels have more early game value like some of the teased blocks.

Edit: i mean they are important in early game and so far survival update has seemed to consist of some early game blocks that enable more minimalistic starts and early games.

I just pray for wheel update so i (might) get back to making high performance mechs

30. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Its not about game is in beta or not... ( you are correct, beta is normaly time for game optimalizatrion ), but there is still plenty of historycal bugs that are landmines and moment they will try fix them all can stop work again, but they do optimalizations... I just dont think its best used time. :?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.