Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Time to start up the hype train again

Discussion in 'General' started by halipatsui, Oct 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Liquid water, liquid coca cola, liquid clang

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. rexxar Senior Engineer

liquid ladders?

3. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Im sure you misspelled liquid ladder npc with advanced self learning AI

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Herpaderpa Trainee Engineer

You can play this game in multiplayer? :O

5. Carrion Senior Engineer

you mean

Interact with other?????? in real time??????

what is this blashphemy

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Sinbad Senior Engineer

seems silliness is the play list for this thread.
    i can sing that song...

liquid voxels in the new survival mode. oxygen and hydrogen are now stored in tanks as liquids under pressure. grinding a full tank of either will result in tank being replaced by a similar shape and volume of liquefied gas. this liquid is colourless and quite transparent, so you wont be able to see it easily before it rapidly phase changes back to a gaseous state with much noise and whooshing particle effects. we will also get a teaser for a new liquid collection tool that looks suspiciously like a long handled soup ladle (comes in three tiers, silver, gold and platinum) to be released Soon(tm). we will not be able to obtain water*.

*for those space engineers unfamiliar with this term: Water is the industrial term for molten ice. this is ice that has been heated to temperatures above of 270 Kelvin while being pressurised in excess of 100kpa. Molten ice can easily form a coating on exposed skin where it can be absorbed, leading to physical deformities in the extremities (particularly the hands and feet). This volatile form of ice can easily vaporise and forms a colourless, odourless, flavourless gas that readily combines with other gasses as an oxidation catalyst.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Arcturus Senior Engineer

8. damoran Junior Engineer

The Ultimate update!!! It's a game changer!

- added fixed gatling gun for large ships
    - added doors for small ships

- thought about adding glass and half-blocks to small ships but decided to wait until next major

Enjoy!

9. Yeoman Trainee Engineer

Isn't every update though. :p

10. Timuroslav Apprentice Engineer

you're all wrong. It's space potatoes and cyber chickens.

11. Logi Apprentice Engineer

So the much hyped, super secret, mind blowing, better than reworked survival update is going to be beta improvements and bug fixing? M'kay.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

I wouldn't expect the Survival update anytime soon.

13. halipatsui Senior Engineer

But why?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

@halipatsui Female Intuition, an ample amount of pessimism and i think i remember that one of the devs said so. Reliability in that order.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Thales M. Senior Engineer

A friend told me major update is Mod/Script API overhaul.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Arcturus Senior Engineer

I remember your assertion that the content would come just in time for late December, and would be the update that ends Beta and "releases" the game. I think I am starting to agree, though I hoped it wouldn't be that way since that would leave no time for bugfixing the major update.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

I think they'll bugfix until after Release, no matter when that happens (although i suspect my Christmas 2017 prediction to be more or less accurate :/ ). But without new features that's gonna be over and done with at some point. The real question is whether or not they want to do stuff like Soft Sci-Fi DLCs, go streight into a new game or just lay everyone off :( I have... suspicions about that that make me kinda sad.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. halipatsui Senior Engineer

Plot twist: anniversary update is release!

Id say it probably is something bigger.
    I doubt keen woul not try to hype bp api changes like they have done now.

If this ends up being the survival update and they manage to make survival enjoyable what SE needs anymore after optimization and bugfixing?

Imo only real content-hole to be filled is survival gameplay.

After that, bugfixing and optimizations SE starts to be ready for launch imo

• Like Like x 1
  19. Herpaderpa Trainee Engineer

Space engineers is what made this company big, i really doubt that they are just gonna drop all the experience they've gathered from it and go make mobile games.
    I hope they do release now pretty soon, so they can start of fresh with the next project. I think they've strecth the current space eningeers game engine far enough now :p

20. Dax23333 Junior Engineer

21. halipatsui Senior Engineer

But is it the only thing happening?

22. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

If the 'Major Update' is just an update to the mod API, then we are going to need these guys...

Coz there will be much saltiness.

23. halipatsui Senior Engineer

I would also request the dev team to carry my coffin so that i can quarantee it will be the last time they let me down.

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. Thales M. Senior Engineer

I don't want to belive it is the only thing. So, delay might be about it.

25. Malware Master Engineer

@FlakMagnet @CanOmer @halipatsui Rexxar said in either his own or a Xocliw stream - I forget which - that the modapi update part is what's more of the "afterthought". So...

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. halipatsui Senior Engineer

I did not quite understand what you were after here

27. Malware Master Engineer

That the modAPI update is not the only thing about the major update. That in fact it's just a small part of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Rexxar confirmed that the mod API changes are comming in the next Major, but that they're not the reason it's a Major. It got done in time and therefore will be released as part of that Major update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

Don't watch Rexxar's stream. No offence to Rexxar...I just don't find it entertaining or to my taste. Xocliw's streams have gone a bit 'random' in recent months too. I watch them, but don't really participate. Just lurk and watch bits and pieces.

There have been a lot of changes in the community and the way it's supported over the last 6 months, and I find the changes not to my liking. I still play the game, and keep tabs on the updates....but I am not part of the 'in crowd'

30. Roxette Senior Engineer

Well, you know what they say... if you're not part of the problem, you're part of the solution!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.