Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

To control steerable wheels in other grid

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by noxLP, Sep 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. noxLP Junior Engineer

Im trying to control steerable wheels that are attached to other grid with rotors, obviously i can't control it directly with WASD and i want to make the wheel move/rotate through script.

I have readed the wheels documentation but don't find nothing like "speed" or "forward". It's even possible or i'm blind?

2. noxLP Junior Engineer

No one knows?

3. Lynnux Junior Engineer

Though suspension wheels are based on the IMyMotorStator class which allows control of rotors those properties are not available. Did you try if you can apply an action of the rotor (e.g. "IncreaseVelocity") on a suspension wheel ? I didn't but I think it's not working :(

4. Kelmoir Trainee Engineer

You can only control IMyMotorSupspension via control keys on your own grind as far as I know of. But you can read out them with rotors and than use that data to control Rotors(IMyMotorStator) on a connected grid. Works for movement and steering.
    I would be uploading a working concept of mine to steam as an example, but things started acting weird...
    For instance the IMyMotorSuspension wheels rotating so fast, that my old direction decoder suddenly detects the wrong direction (thus rotating faster than 30 rps). Or the suspension wheels almost got no halting force on them...

5. noxLP Junior Engineer

I suppose it worth a try but i don't have much hopes neither.

I see in the documentation that IMyMotorSuspension have the properties SteerAngle and Propulsion, the description of SteerAngle says "Wheel's current steering angle" so i suppose thats how i should read the angle, but it seems that propulsion is a bool only to determine if the wheel is capable of receiving propulsion with direct user input or not, so how do you know the user is accelerating or decelerating? With IMyMotorStator properties as lynnux said? Maybe with the power consumption using the property Power?

6. Lynnux Junior Engineer

You cannot control the velocity of IMyMotorSuspension as expected (I tried). To get the current RPM and steering angle of the wheel is "easy" but to control it is not possible via PB.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.