Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Tool] Whip's Image To LCD Converter

Discussion in 'Programming Guides and Tools' started by Whiplash141, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. FLN1` Trainee Engineer

Fantastic tool, thank you for your work and effort put into making this. I would have to say though that a multi-screen function would be pretty nifty but I can understand if it just doesn't work that well :) I can't remember who made it but i found another one that did support multi-screen conversions but didn't maintain aspect ratio, something that I am VERY grateful for in your tool. If I might make one request/question: Is there a way to make the resizing option fit the 'text panel' LCD's? Maybe there's just something I missed in the instructions, or maybe someone could just tell me what resolution to use so that images will fit the text panels properly? Thanks in advance for any help and again for this awesome tool!

2. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

It is doable; however, I hesitate to add that because it would encourage users to make massive walls of these panels. That would wreak havoc on performance.

Text panels use the same resize option as the square (178x178) panels. The pixels in the text panel are just squashed such that the pixels are wider than they are tall.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FLN1` Trainee Engineer

Thank you for your quick reply. Now that you mention it I can see how multi-screen pictures could be a bad idea, haha! The clarification on text panel resizing is much appreciated.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

i never thought of the impact it could have with many many monitors but then i realized how its just really scaled down text to look like the image. :p

but for real this is one of my favourite programs to use alongside space engineers.
    this and "Skyrim Audio Converter" since skyrim uses xwm and space engineers makes use of them as well.

I usually love going for things like vaporwave palm trees.
    the very slightly lowered quality sits even better with it. :)

images like these.
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=vapo...7uHaAhWpAsAKHQ5MAe0Q_AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=918

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Malware Master Engineer

@Forcedminer Exactly. Every single pixel is made out of two full polygons. That's... not exactly what I would call effective :p

And since the LCD textures are not unique to the LCD, but shared between all your LCDs, you'll get redraws more often than you might think (depending on how many LCDs you have nearby).

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. EnjoyCoke Trainee Engineer

OHMYGOD THIS IS SO FUCKING EPIC AWESOME WOOOOOOO!!!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. mleise Trainee Engineer

Sorry for the necro, but it seems like this would be the "official" topic to post in and no forum rule explicitly dealt with old threads.
    Very nice tool you got there. I figured that with text set to center align and decreasing padding through timer blocks you can have a texture move up and down to emulate a progress bar where no programmable blocks or mods are allowed. Here I used a red background to indicate the remaining portion of the progress whereas the green is part of the texture:
    [​IMG]
    The only issue I found was a typical programmer's oversight with managed languages: You need to close system resources explicitly instead of waiting for the garbage collector to clean them up. In this case I couldn't overwrite any image files I had once opened in your tool, as it wouldn't explicitly close the file stream after loading. Keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mozetronick Trainee Engineer

I have a problem with all Text panels, which does not occupy the entire block. They always display additional bands when using the same correct settings. This is clearly visible with the option to add a "White Screen" at the back. If you paste the same image on any other LCD panel, the image will not have defects. I don’t know how to fix this error, in addition to a bug with constant protrusion Text padding to standard 2% and resetting image centering to left alignment after group highlighting in the terminal

9. Dan2D3D Moderator

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.