Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Torpedos, which is the new best design?

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by mecra, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

So did I :p

Well actually I rewrote a bunch of the codeto allow configuration of variables mid flight. Once merge bugs are fixed, I'll work on getting my new shiny code out :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

I'm not good enough to make a missile software package so i'm using Alysius's Workshop

But the FFG has a lidar fire control system to lase targets at 50km (outside visual range need to use remote mappers to return a gps point to scan with lidar fire control).

So far I have got 3 4-missile salvo hit at 42km.

3. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

Try that on an evasive target :p

4. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

I'm waiting on inflight update. Missiles can self home at 3km. I just need to get them to 3km and then lase the target and send update to the missiles.

5. Wellstat Apprentice Engineer

Keen is currently performing clandestine black operations. Every week they will gather to discuss how to make "accidental" but subtle changes that will greatly reduce PMWs effectiveness. When one accidental bug gets fixed, another essential feature of PMW will be broken. Ultimate aim is to stall PMW progress until the hype dies down.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

Right now the FFG project is limited to 1.5m x 1.5m x 21.5m.

Before I could do 1.5m x 6.5m x 21.5m. And could use the launch bays to make rescue pods, remote lidar mapping drones, communication relay.

Now it can only make missiles.

7. Lord_Gino Trainee Engineer

let me know if you work something out that works, i have been messing about with something similar,
    does this system work with multiple missiles
    as in: one target spotted -> fires missile and then have one or two left for more targets?

8. Timberwolf Apprentice Engineer

Has anyone ever used that ship in combat? And I don't really mean a 1v1.

9. Elfi Wolfe Apprentice Engineer

It triggers a timer and that timer can do anything. If it is hooked up to a missile launcher bay, then the bay can make a replacement missile each time one is fired.

10. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I base my PMWs off of @Whiplash141 's system. Even the missiles that aren't using his point and aim system. This consistency allows me to generically fire my PMWs in any way I dictate. Whip has a launch control system script. It's good. But it lacks some features. So just make your own.

Using a programmable block you can do some cool things, like find every timer that's named in Whip's convention. Then will a little no-how you can do things like create lists of the block names, sort them in another list, fire them on demand or any other configuration wanted.

If you use Whip's fire control, you can just rapidly click however many missiles you want to send to the target. I would suggest setting up a staggered delay time for each missile if they are in close proximity of each other and then triggering them all at once.

If they are meant to travel in a pack, you can also offset them a bit to minimize collisions. I also stagger there boost times so that missiles in the back of the pack will travel out a little further (I launch vertically) before turning to the target.

11. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

Well... Uhh... My new fire control script will be mandatory due to the nature of cross grid communication :p

It should have most of the features anyone would need :woot:

12. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Of course it will. You make great stuff.

13. Assassin1217 Trainee Engineer

Whiplash141
    I greatly admire your work. I saw a couple of videos on your Reddit of your anti missile missile scripts. Am I correct in understanding that you have not released those yet, nor your true fire-and-forget scripts?
    This thread is a bit old, but extremely informative, so it leaves me wondering what the current state of fire-and-forget missiles are.

14. Whiplash141 Junior Engineer

They are not released yet, correct. However, I believe that Fire-and-Forget missiles are not as effective as semi-active. Since cameras are paper in terms of integrity, most FAF missiles get their eyes shot off very quickly, making them combat ineffective. What I plan is a semi-active/active homing hybrid where the missile dynamically switches modes based on available cameras.

As to the state of the code itself, it is fully functional, I am just testing different parameters for my guidance algorighms :)

15. Wellstat Apprentice Engineer

16. Wellstat Apprentice Engineer

For your eyegasm:

17. TenshouYoku Apprentice Engineer

I got a boner watching this.

Jokes aside, this script is incredibly useful in the fact that it's auto-homing and has multiple shooting options without a ton of blocks involved.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.