Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Turrets attacking same faction ships

Discussion in 'Survival' started by af22man, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. af22man Trainee Engineer

anyone had any luck getting the turrets that you own not to fire on ships you are flying by them with. I have gone into the block settings and put every block to my ownership, but turrets still fire on my ships.

2. Neotician Apprentice Engineer

Nope, they don't discriminate at all, apart from actual players.

3. Platoonsgt1 Trainee Engineer

There is currently a bug where any owned turret will shoot at conveyor blocks as if they were decoys, regardless of the conveyor block's ownership. Decoys are still preferred targets over conveyor blocks though.
    From what I've found, this applies to both sizes of conveyor on both sizes of ship. Any ship without any conveyor blocks (or decoys :p) shouldn't be fired at by allied turrets.

Be sure to turn off your turrets while claiming all your stuff, as owned turrets will still shoot at unowned ships/stations regardless of what blocks they're made from.

4. fused Trainee Engineer

Keilm has posted about this issue and his suggestion is to turn Moving Objects off as this is a blanketed function which means any ship regardless of Faction /Ownership.

5. Polenicus Apprentice Engineer

I have discovered something through Science.

I had a Military Minelayer, which I captured (Utilizing Science) sitting in my boneyard for eventual stripping down. Nearby was my main cruiser, which I was adding a new Gatling turret to.

The Minelayer had been set to my own ownership, and the last patch fixed the conveyor bug, so I didn't worry too much about the newly-born turret shooting anything. Yet it pivoted and used it's new conveyor system to draw from some rather large bullet stores to frantically shoot the Minelayer. With Science.

I frantically went into my control panel to turn it off. Rather than hunt for it, I selected ALL gatling turrets and clicked 'Off'. Which turned them all ON until I could click 'Off' again. Again, they are ALL conveyored. All of them proceeded to inflict Science onto the poor Minelayer for a brief moment.

It was then I remembered: Warheads have computer chips, therefore they have ownership. Warheads also do not appear in the control panel, so they were not set when I set everything else to my own ownership. A Minelayer carries MANY warheads. Which were being shot by almost 20 gatling turrets.

Much Science happened.

6. Floki Apprentice Engineer

I like this post. Much science.

7. Wyvyrias Junior Engineer

You need to put an antenna and/or a beacon on your ship (with a suitable broadcast range).
    Otherwise the turrets will shoot if they're set to shoot moveable objects because they can't recognize your ship as friend.

Edit: Or probably not. It seems like the turrets are acting randomly.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.