Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Two Assemblers! But only one will work?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by RosannaFoxfire, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. RosannaFoxfire Trainee Engineer

Hi there. I recently started a game with my girl in the Crashed Red Ship scenario, and, since we're horrible cheaters, we tore apart the yellow banana ship to put it's components in the red ship. So we doubled up the refineries, and the assemblers, thinking that we could get more work done faster this way.

Imagine my surprise when I went to try and use the assemblers to produce two different things, and only one was actually working. Both were built completely, but only one assembler apparently was able to construct components with the control panel.

Is this a known thing? Both are hooked up to the same conveyor system, is there another way I should do it? Or what?

2. StuffYouFear Apprentice Engineer

In the production screen, near the upper left corner it will say "assembler". Thats really a drop down menu, select "assembly1".
    You can control production from any "k" screen that is connected to the same ship as the assembler.

3. RosannaFoxfire Trainee Engineer

Oh is it? That's handy.

Now I feel stupid for not noticing that.

4. StuffYouFear Apprentice Engineer

Cursing my game out after I finished my second one for awhile too, took hour to notice it wasn't working right, another of disassembling and rebuilding it to try and fix it to find that I was using it wrong.

5. DDP-158 Master Engineer

Don't feel bad, it still gets me time and time again. I think I'm building something in assembler 2, hear the noise, hear it finish, but no supplies. Whats up with that. Oh wait, I used Assembler one again because it defaults to one instead of the one you are on.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.