Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Two Axis Conveyor Linking

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Chris Keena, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Chris Keena Apprentice Engineer

I thought I'd just share a solution I created for linking a turret to a conveyor system across two axis's of motion.

[​IMG]

In order to create the linking piece I first built both sides of the system to line up with the axis of the rotors. I then constructed the linking piece nearby attached to a structure. It was then cut free and nudged into place with a tractor ship. To get the alignment right and not break anything it might be best to use spectate mode or, if in co-op, a friend for guidance over the last meter.

Initially I thought I could attach the link to the lower cradle but due to the offset created by the rotors this was not possible without using additional rotors to reverse the offset, a waste of resources.

2. Yatakedeze Trainee Engineer

Well done! I wish things like this could be made more compactly, a turret with this in its base will be pretty large.

Unfortunately it looks like the lower conveyor is going to limit your axis of rotation a bit. That tube has to come from somewhere!

3. transistor77777 Apprentice Engineer

Awesome, i had no idea connectors let things rotate like that! Hopefully there will be a way to make it more compact in the future.

4. Chris Keena Apprentice Engineer

It's a refitted radio-telescope dish on a challenge map. It now houses a solar farm angled toward the sun for maximum power. I wanted some way to protect against meteors without having to constantly hand load a turret. Limited motion isn't a problem since it will never move again.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.