Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Ultra low graphics option (Kinda like a selectable downgrade)

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by BHSP, Jun 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. BHSP Trainee Engineer

I have been playing SE for 577 hours sice I bought it back when there was only creative mode and a few asteroids (I think), but actually I should have even more hours accumulated, the only thing avoiding that is the etremely difficult time that my computer has running the game, my grafics card crashes and overheats every hour (being optimist), so, can we get the choice to have a different graphcal design? : less color variety, rotating 2d model for the trees, plain textures, etc, anythingh that is less tasking for a computer like mine, just for reference I will leave the base of my set up here:

-Intel Core I5-4460
    -Gforce GTX 750ti
    -8gb ram

Honestly, I dont mind at all if the end result of this idea makes the game no longer look like Space Engeneers, after all, how worth is something that looks great but just doesn't nor can work? For now I'm trying to play with the lowest graphic set up aviable and a 4:3 reolution (the lowest aviable)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Malware Master Engineer

It seems like you've got a problem with your hardware. A game shouldn't be able to crash/overheat your graphics card, it should be able to protect itself against that. I had this happen to my card a while back, turned out my cooling was broken.

Especially if you're running the game on the lowest options already. Your card should be able to run the game on that setting, afaik.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BHSP Trainee Engineer

I dont know... The game crashes on me so hard that it loses every configuration I had setted up, freezing my computer and sometimes even shutting it down. As Im writing this, Im also reinstalling the game maybe that will help, and about my hardware, I didnt really had any problems like, for example, War Thunder in Movie graphics setting or Warframe, those I think have better overall graphics than SE. Anyway, I will take your word and start looking for a way to diagnose my hardware, thanks. :)

4. Malware Master Engineer

@BHSP "better graphics" is not really relevant. Looks are deceiving. It's all about how much work needs to be done and Space Engineers is a very demanding game. The absolute majority of games has a whole lot of cheats and shortcuts they can do that can improve performance, because they're predictable. Games like Space Engineers don't have that luxury since everything is modifiable... even the whole planets. What this does mean, is that they will tax your computer harder... so if you've got hardware or driver problems, they're far more likely to appear while playing games like Space Engineers than the less complex games like War Thunder or Warframe. They become catalysts, but they're not necessarily the actual cause.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Arcturus Senior Engineer

I notice large performance increases from editing game files to remove or reduce particle effects such as rocket smoke or welding/grinding/drilling/wheel dust. Other things that help are editing planet data files to remove trees.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

I run SE on a Dell 990 workstation sporting the i5, a GTX650, and 16 gigs of ram. I ran it on 8 gigs for quite a while but maxed it out first chance I got. Every now and then I will get a sudden crash and a dialog box that says my video card may have overheated and maybe I need a new driver. On board diagnostic tools showing me real time statistics tell me that my video card is running nowhere near as hot as it's built to run, and sometimes for the heck of it I will run the game on highest graphic settings and play for hours. I think my crashes are more related to an ageing HDD not being able to keep up.

(I know the game does not task the hard drive that much, but it seems to me that when it does a crash is likely)

7. sioxernic Senior Engineer

Faulty ventilator? Placed in enclosed space?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.