Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Unsafe Grid Warning (Shift + F1)

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by Xelo, Dec 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Xelo Trainee Engineer

Hello there,
    since the last update to v1.185.2 I got a warning in the top right corner, saying there are 2 unsafe grids somewhere with an issue with "dangerous" rotor settings.
    But I have absolutely no clue, where this grids should be.
    They are both named "Large grid xxxx", where "xxxx" is a number.

I renamed my Stations properly after building the 1st functional block and I don't use large grid ships until now, and therefore I doubt these grids where build by me. So I really want to know, what and where these grids are in the warning.
    Is there any possibility to find out, where I can find them?

Currently I play MP (mostly alone) with only 2 very small bases and 4 small grid ships on the earth like planet.
    My wife is the only other player except me of course until now, and she hasn't build anything yet except a (btw very nice) small freighter.

With the exception of a few modded blocks (f.e. catwalks) I don't use any mods right now.
    Scripts in use so far:
    Isy's Solar Panel Alignment Script
    Taleden's Inventory Manager
    MMaster's Automatic LCDs

I really would like to find out, what grids are causing this warnings and would appreciate any help. How can I find them to get rid of this warnings, because I think these 2 grids will cause some performence issues.

Thank you

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Xelo Trainee Engineer

No one? :)
    No one knows to find those grids? :)

Anyone else maybe? :) :) That would be nice! Thank you

3. Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

You can search in space master menu for grid that have same name and teleport there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Carrion Senior Engineer

i have perfectly safe and working systems which are kicking out 20 or 30 of these warnings. i think its where a bounding box which overlaps another despite the collision meshes making it a safe fit.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Xelo Trainee Engineer

Thank you very much for your useful hints.
    I decided to use the "Space Master" method. I never heard of this powerful admin tool before, because I'm yet very new to SE. I would call me a Noob :)
    So I searched and read and found the "space master" and with its(his?) help I finally found the unsafe grids.

The two unsafe grids are segments of my 3-Rotor-Solar-Panel-Towers (auto aligned with isy's solar alignment script).
    I learned that segments connected with rotors or pistons are child grids with another name then the parent grid. I did not know that until now. So thank you for that opportunity to learn even more.

Very powerful tool this space master, I'm impressed how easy this worked out...
    Maybe, but I build this 2 towers without any overlapping at all :/
    Now the next question is, why are 2 of 3 rotors of each of my solar towers are unsafe and cause a warning? But that's another question and off topic here.

Thank you guys :)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  6. ViroMan Senior Engineer

You may have named your main grid but the items attached after your rotors/pistons/wheels gain sub grid ID's. The rotor with dangerous settings may be the settings are too high/low powered for the weight attached to them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Der Isy Trainee Engineer

I know, why only two rotors show a warning. It's the new inertia tensor feature, keen intrudocued. Although it's making rotors more stable, it's also causing an unsafe grid warning - for whatever reason. As the inertia tensor is activated in my script for all horizontal rotors by default, this is what causes the warning.. From my experience, you can safely ignore this and if you are really annoyed by the warning messages, simply press Shift+F1 and deactivate "Show ingame warning" (or something like this)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Xelo Trainee Engineer

Hi isy!
    Thank you for your comment and for your very nice script!
    I like it very very much!

9. beeluten Trainee Engineer

Thank you very much for your useful hints.
    I decided to use the "Space Master" method. I never heard of this powerful admin tool before, because I'm yet very new to SE. I would call me a Noob :)
    So I searched and read and found the "space master" and with its(his?) help I finally found the unsafe grids.

10. beeluten Trainee Engineer

You can search in space master menu for grid that have same name and teleport there.

11. Xelo Trainee Engineer

Thank you!
    But if you had read the previous posts you would problaby have noticed, that I did just this exactly.
    Btw.... why do you copy/paste my text in your post before your last post without quoting?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.