Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Up-gradable tools and weapons

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Sniforge, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Sniforge Trainee Engineer

So i think it would be amazing to be able to upgrade your tools like first you have to build some kind of machine and when using it you can upgrade your tools using minerals or parts you collect

and with this upgrades you can build faster using the welding tool
    you can upgrade your backpack so it allows you to loot more
    you can upgrade future tools and stuff they put in the game

since now there's meteorites in the game why not upgrade blocks to have a force field to protect the ship from them and another upgrade where they can get more missiles hits in mp.

and so much more maybe upgrade the mining drill on your ship that would be great as well and so much more.

2. Spets Master Engineer

maybe you can build a harder grinder disc, or a better welder

3. Sniforge Trainee Engineer

this game as so much potential i hope the devs read what the people want and make this the best game of its kind

4. ADM-Ntek Trainee Engineer

exept for the force fields i like it. but they should make the meteors gravity sensitiv this way you could build you own gravity shield.

5. Dequire Apprentice Engineer

Shouldn't this be in suggestions?

6. john_hmstr Trainee Engineer

I am not sure a model quite as described is the best approach. But certainly an upgraded welder/grinder is a must for me.

A Welder tool that takes significant resources to create (such as multiple welders, reactor parts, other parts as needed to balance) and consumes uranium out of your pack while you use it. In exchange it offers less suit battery drain over time than the standard welder and a faster welding rate sounds like a great upgrade. The same could apply to the grinder and the drill. The backpack upgrade is interesting, but may be contrary to the developers plans for balance, or inventory problems in general may be temporary and solved by other means in the developers plans.

I don't believe force fields or shields are coming any time soon, if at all, according to the developer interviews i have heard. For meteor defense I imagine in the near future meteors will be affected by gravity so gravity generators facing outward may be all you need, and in the longer term meteors will be subject to damage/interception by automated turrets/CIWS.

Thoughts?

7. TheGrover Trainee Engineer

welder/grinder upgrades are almost essential for large projects on survival (especially when dealing with heavy armour). i also like the shield idea, but it would need some sort of balancing, such as a huge energy cost making it impractical to leave running (a hotkey to quickly enable/disable all shield generators would be nice)

and if anybody claims that these are too unrealistic for this game, look at the gravity generators, not only do they create artificial gravity, but they also produce a linear field with sharp edges (no gradual loss of gravity as you travel away) which isnt just technologically impossible with any imaginable "near future tech", but it also defies the laws of physics.

8. GeneralApathy Apprentice Engineer

9. TodesRitter Moderator

this isnt the suggestion sub & this have been already suggested

-closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.