Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.5.15 - Find ME If You Can!

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

Summary
    Hello, Engineers! This week we have a neat little feature for the explorers among you. As you travel the world slaying barbarians and rummaging through stone piles, you may chance upon treasure map pieces. You can then combine these treasure map pieces to form a treasure map and use this to find treasures all around the world.

Features:
    - Added treasure map system which can provide some unique loot!
    - Added NE, SE, SW and NW cardinal directions to compass.
    - Added nesting to loot table definitions.

Fixes:
    - Fixed compass not working correctly at north and south poles.
    - Fixed loot bags occasionally floating in the air.

Hotfix:
    - Fixed chests and barrels not being accessible by all players
    - Fixed mining permissions

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

YAY UPDATE!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jozsefsz Apprentice Engineer

Second?

4. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

I want a face mace now :)

5. Gwindalmir Junior Engineer

Dang it, Tim, I'm an engineer, not a pirate.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MongooseCalledFred Trainee Engineer

Treasure! It's a-mace-ing!

7. OmEgA_StOrM Apprentice Engineer

Treasure-map = Pirate
    Pirate = Water

Water confirmed :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. waterlimon Senior Engineer

It would be cool if the treasure maps all were the same across players, so players are driven together if they happen to go for the same treasure (ofc new treasures would spawn, and there would be multiple across the world at a given time).
    Finding the treasure in its location would have to take some effort, to increase chances of two being there at the same time.

This wouldnt be fun with small treasures (setting up camp at the treasure site for a while), so there would have to be larger treasures. Small treasures dont necessarily benefit much from PvP.

This could add a risk-reward mechanic to treasures, players can go for small ones or big ones, depending on preference and ability to defend themselves.

Eg to get a large treasure, you might even want to set up a claim block and build some defences before you get digging/dismantling to find the treasure.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

when is the game going to be finished? i would trade any and all cosmetic adds and changes for optimized code and the game having a final release date. i am kinda worn by TUE updates, its like getting kissed when i really just want to have sex.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  10. Fluzard Trainee Engineer

What a well-argued argument ! I can just add : compass -> pirate -> water
    These are subliminal messages...

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. gesp_shad Apprentice Engineer

Great new feature! I found a shiny mace already :)

But, did you guys locked inventories like chests,stockpiles,workbenches etc in claimed areas? Apperently, you cannot interact with them in areas anymore, which do not share building rights with you (which is great ofc, that prevents thieves from stealing).

12. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

it's impatient people like you that destroy early access titles. Good things come to those who wait - and personally? There's not enough CONTENT in the game to justify finishing here. Cosmetics are one thing - but they are still adding CONTENT or ACTUAL GAME PLAY. Also as for the debate about water, while it would be nice - I hope it's more than just a "looking good" appeal - I don't play ME for the graphics after all. Thirst, Boats, and the Like would all be valid reasons to add water - but just "being there" isn't cool.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

You sir, are an amazing person.

We're looking into it. It's really weird that it happened. It's like the door code spilled over into the chest code and now they're fighting.

14. Cetric Junior Engineer

He is not appreciating artful kissing and the sublime *TEASING* talents of KEEN Software Church of Engineers. He only wants sex, here and now, fast and straight forward. For a pile of timber or stone, perhaps.
    Alright, this game is about medieval plainness, but even here we can find refined erotics and love, far before release date. Some people will not develop over the basics... ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

Hotfix:
    - Fixed chests and barrels not being accessible by all players
    - Fixed mining permissions

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

can we know what caused this?

17. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

A bug

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

:/ obviously :woot: im more curious as to what the bug was.... was it just a ";" wrong or....?
    <- mr. curious here :woot:

19. boromir Apprentice Engineer

Right! In terms of bug weirdness, did the door code spill into the chest code? Ghost in the Machine? Was it all the weirdness you hoped for? Is ME on the verge of becoming sentient (please say yes)?

20. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

To make a long story short, this bug has been there since the house alliances were introduced. It was hidden by a flaw in the permission system. We fixed the permission system this week which resulted in the bug being revealed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  21. Bumber Senior Engineer

It was a mosquito, due to the presence of water.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. boromir Apprentice Engineer

Thank you, Keen! The updates over the last few weeks have really improved the performance: my gaming laptop runs much cooler while playing than it did before.

23. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

cool :D thanks, and good job :D

24. Köbi 2 Apprentice Engineer

How many maps did you have to solve to get your mace? I did 8 and still havnt gotten my mace...

I like it very much btw. Went to Darions for the first time ever. Even found another ruin with stuff. :)

I cant wait for all the pirate updates! Build a ship and ship my horses over the oceans to deliver all the ladders and pullys to my gold- and saltmines!

Before the game can be finished it needs to get beta. And I mean a lot betta. So dont stop. It never can be enough and finished. If we have water and horses we will find new stuff that is needed! I am sure. :)

• Like Like x 1
  25. boromir Apprentice Engineer

BTW, since you're adding side stuff, can you add more food types and recipes, please? That'd be way cool.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

i have been practicing my post for tomorrow. :carlton:

27. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

you wont beat me :p
    --- Automerge ---
    UPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    --- Automerge ---
    :/ now i think of it... do automerges even get a notification?

• Like Like x 1
  28. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

i get last-post-of-the-prior-week's-update credit by posting this right here. boom ed frost boom. last. right here. last post. can't be beat.

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

lel

• Late Late x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.