Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.5.16 - Keep On Running

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Drui Keen Update Guy Administrator

Summary
    Hello, Engineers! This week we’ve got some nice fixes and improvements for you. Switching toolbar items no longer interrupts your running. If you are the kind of player who likes to do things on the move then this should be a nice quality of life improvement for you. We've also fixed moderator privileges for kicking and banning. This should make moderators useful again on servers. Other improvements include fixes for the respawn menu, tooltip changes on the toolbar configuration screen (g-menu), and improved multi-line text boxes.

The community translators have completed the Portuguese language. We've started work reviewing the translations and checking them in the game's GUI. If you would like to contribute to the translation of your own language, or even to the Portuguese language as we add new content, you can find out how to participate at http://www.medievalengineers.com/localization.

Tim will be back from vacation next week with some brand new content. Until then, have a fantastic time in Medieval Engineers and... Keep On Running!

Improvements:
    - Fixed respawn menu closing when F is pressed
    - Fixed moderators not being able to kick and ban
    - Fixed voxel normals and improved ambient occlusion
    - Fixed crossbow required ammunition in creative mode
    - Removed wind sway from far LODs of trees to improve performance
    - Fixed improper behavior when multiple permission types are set on doors
    - Fixed selecting a different item on the toolbar stops the character from running
    - Fixed tooltip sticking during drag & drop on toolbar configuration screen (G-menu)
    - Fixed block variant limit for the information section on the toolbar configuration screen (G-menu)
    - Fixed compounding of HouseStoneRoundedDoor, StoneCeilingInnerCornerSharp, and StoneCeilingInnerCornerWall
    - Fixed younger brother of clangortar (prototype for http://steamcommunity.com/app/333950/discussions/5/2579854400735736296/)

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

YAAAAAAY

• Like Like x 1
  3. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. gesp_shad Apprentice Engineer

I was wondering how @CptTwinkie might look like. I just should have had a look at his avatar :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Phoenix84 Junior Engineer

Wait, trees sway?
    +1 for ME.

6. Cetric Junior Engineer

That's the mighty teased MAJOR UPDATE coming up, isn't it?
    (Or Tim returning from vacation)

7. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

That block rotation though. That has to be a Creative trick, on DS I'd be running a quarter way around the planet to set up the grid angle..
    Thanks KEEN!
    :)

8. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

It's turned off because it's a huge performance hog right now. The main problem is that trees cast shadows so if they're swaying you have hundreds of moving shadows. We're trying to set it up to be a limited local effect and if that's not enough we'll maybe lock the shadows.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

Meh Minor Bugfixes. Give Tim a thrashing for content :p
    --- Automerge ---
    Perhaps that decision belongs in the hands of the given server admin, just a thought; After all SE Opted to Set Airtightness to server optional instead of letting it "lag down the default game". (which to my honest opinion sounds like a cop out but still)

10. Darian Stephens Trainee Engineer

I think you might have used the wrong text for your video's thumbnail, there. Unless Treasure Maps, Additional Compass Directions and Loot Table Nesting were implemented/fixed this week?

11. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll update it later today

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Arturo Cofresi Trainee Engineer

I would not mind seeing the shadows of the trees not "sway" while they do.

13. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

question - the video above opening picture has a round floor and walls, like a large sewer, with wood timber acting as bars that the engineer is walking into - what G menu block is this round floor/walls thing? i have never seen that built and wonder if i am missing a block being able to perhaps be turned a direction i didnt know it could (like the single stone pillar)... thanks!

p.s. - i always thought the swaying trees meant i had too much to drink for the night and it was time to quit

p.p.s - if Keen doesnt have a server yet to admin setup i would be happy to PM an exchange and get you all on my server as i believe i have players that can demolish the whole Keen team, with a charitable prize donation determined by the winner (i would cut a check for $100 to any charity Keen wants me to if we lose).
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  14. Cetric Junior Engineer

Looks more like a variation of the stone ceiling part to me, set in four different angles.

15. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

pretty sure its just the small round tower on its side, the bars are iron weights

16. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

I'm pretty sure they are small round walls. The bars are weights.

Confirmed: It is a round tower on its side

17. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

UPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEEE

18. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

Ed Frosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst we are waiting, all knights on hold, all projectiles loaded and ready:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

good... good... let the siege begin

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.