Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.5.18 - Block.IsVisible = true;

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Sep 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

Summary
    Hello, Engineers! We finally resolved the invisible blocks issue, it was a gnarly bug deep in the Medieval Engineers specific rendering code in our engine. We also improved the target detection of small grids on large grids, and thin shapes such as signposts are now more accessible. Several minor GUI fixes were made to the mod loading screen, and finally, you are able to destroy stone claimblocks with weapons again, which was accidentally prevented by an oversight last week.

Fixes:
    - Revealed invisible blocks!
    - Improved targeting of signposts.
    - Improved mod selection, the lists no longer scroll to top when a mod is moved from available to active.
    - Fixed a bug where clicking no when loading a world with incompatible mods would load the world anyway.
    - Fixed a bug where stone claimblocks were indestructible to weapons.

Modding:
    - Whitelisted MyCubeBlockSubpartComponent.
    - Whitelisted MySubpartAnimationComponent.

Mods:
    Regnilse's Landskron region mod: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1126579127
    Stori3d_Past's voxel pack: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=803848474

Hotfix 0.5.18.554CAC:
    -
    Fixed a rare crash caused in multiplayer when triggering animations on the crafting blocks.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

3. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

[​IMG]
    ive been doing it on a mountain... mostly with a shovel ;)
    BACK TO WORK KEEN!
    thanks!
    (p.s. any help appreciated)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sabo Trainee Engineer

Will you give us some info on what are you now working. It was long time since last "status report".

BTW:
    Link on YT to this thread does not work it will throw you back to the video.

5. Sir_Moodz Apprentice Engineer

So....what castle did you pick for the siege? :D

6. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

7. Zedbeddy Coggins Trainee Engineer

I've noticed this same problem with the invisible blocks in space engineers as well, can we expect a fix over there too? I enjoy both games very much, but it's kinda annoying having to restart SE because I cant walk through these blocks that aren't there. o.o'

8. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

update?

[​IMG]

9. Deepflame Apprentice Engineer

Hotfix 0.5.18.554CAC:
    - Fixed a rare crash caused in multiplayer when triggering animations on the crafting blocks.

10. Cetric Junior Engineer

The suggestion dump for SE seems a huge success, given the numbers of entries from the community. And nice to see what is picked up by the team (well, the teaaaaasing effect in anticipation again) and tailored for implementation in some future update.
    --
    No, I did not mistake the forum section. I wanted to ask, if we do consider the same for ME? Not that we run short of ideas here... but anyway, for sake of signalizing popularity of some ideas compared with others, and the 'started' symbol set by the dev team to some lucky idea - I think it would be great.

11. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

needs more teaser?

12. Cetric Junior Engineer

Teasers are part of all good love affairs. :)

13. gamer12301 Trainee Engineer

Bug Report(s):

1- In-Game Voice Chat is occasionally disabled/not working after a death of the player occurs -> Recreate by standing next to another player and have the voice control activated (Press to Chat) If death occurs during the time the player is speaking (or just has voice activated) will result in the player that experienced the death not being able to transmit their audio after they have respawned. However the player that has not experienced a death is still able to transmit their audio to the other player; they just can't respond. Easily fixed by using Discord, but the Range vs Volume aspect is really what we enjoy.

2- Clients can't jump. This is the only aspect of Multiplayer I dislike especially when compared to SE's multiplayer 'issues'. If this were fixed I would call ME's multiplayer PERFECT because of the stability and reliability on MOST servers. This bug only seems to effect clients

3- Can someone please explain why we don't see the rotor in Survival? I mean it's really only useful for aesthetic windmills and doesn't have a huge functionality. I understand it's probably due to some sort of exploit, but still I just want to know why we don't see it in Survival.

14. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

UPDAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.