Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.5.22 - Security!

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Oct 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Drui Keen Update Guy Administrator

Summary
    Hello, Engineers! For today's update we've focused on solving some security holes in the game that allowed people to play the game as if they had admin powers. Also, we're looking at the gameplay behind the Ore Crusher block, and are looking for your feedback regarding this style of crafting. Finally, we would like to remind you that in order to be eligible as a challenger in the castle siege challenge, you have to submit the video on the forum for all to see.

Fixes:
    - Fixed several security holes preventing hacker abuse.
    - Fixed a localization mistake reported by Restioson using Rexbot on our Discord channel, thanks!

Ore Crusher:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1138947228

Castle Siege:
    Final reminder for getting your entries in! Soon we'll pick who gets to do battle with us!

Rules:
    The next castle siege will be something different! This time we will be defending a castle, and we will choose a team to siege us! In order to challenge us, you will have to make a video about you and four team members working together to build a siege camp in a timespan of about 45 minutes. Upload the video to Youtube, and we will pick the team with the best siege camp setup. :)

- You are allowed to build it in creative, but avoid spawning large blueprints. Small siege equipment blueprints are okay (catapults, trebuchets, etc), but no massive castles.
    - Once we are playing you will have Medieval Master available to you so you have a chance to prepare the materials you need. There are no hard rules, but keep it in the spirit of the event. :)
    - To clarify, the video itself doesn't have to be 45 minutes long, it's okay to cut the whole process into a shorter video. Just show us what you guys can do in about 45 minutes!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Yay

edit:
    the ore crusher mechanic is in my opinion realistic and sustainable enough to be implemented. it would be a similar thing for wheat if you ask me. with possibility to automate it using mechanical blocks and stuff.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

It's going to be a continuous battle against hackers sadly. :(
    the best defensive is honest players reporting it as soon as possible.
    But its great that you're fixing it. :)
    and wow that ore crusher got noticed quick! :D

4. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

The Video says: The Link will be provided below the video as always; I'm like "wut? The links to mods are never given..."

5. Helaton Apprentice Engineer

The ore crusher is good, definitely put it in vanilla please (even if as a more advanced tech). The speed of mining isn't comparable to SE's, so being able to ore crush to increase efficiency is three thumbs up!

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

Hackers I can deal with breaking into a game; it's when average folks with little or no technical know how get their hands on that power that it becomes truly dangerous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Foogs Apprentice Engineer

hacker abuse ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

8. Serge Gaxatte Trainee Engineer

Ohhh :'(

When is the next update ? with rotor in survival mode fixed ?

9. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

script kiddies. -_-
    pushing a button to hack or activing hack pack that lets them choose between noclip,god mode,infinite this and that or kill other players

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ineverexist Trainee Engineer

it would be nice if this could be connected with round timbers if we can get working windmills and more mechanical parts , maybe even waterwheels if rivers could be a thing. Hope seeing such stuff in the future.

Edit. Maybe making the Iron Hammer build faster than the Wood Mallet maybe twice as fast than the Mallet. thx

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fridana Trainee Engineer

I do like the idea of devices requiring power. As the above poster said, this power should also be able to come from machinery, but for that we need better power transmission devices. Belts and gears, for example. I also agree that the Iron Hammer should be better than the wooden one, because right now I have zero incentive to build one. The wooden hammer can be build anywhere from inventory out of easily acquired materials (which literally grow on trees), while the iron one requires a smithy and access to iron.

12. BloodThunder Trainee Engineer

Thanks for the updates, as always!

I'm totally down for the ore crusher in vanilla, despite not using it in my server. I've been on the fence about it for a while, but if you guys will make it vanilla, I can just wait for that.

13. Kiin Kendov Trainee Engineer

My dedicated server doesn't show in the "Join world" lobby after this update. Worked perfect the day before. I haven't changed anything. What to do?

14. boromir Apprentice Engineer

It'd be awesome if you even slowed down iron ore smelting a tad just to emphasize the improvement of crushed ore smelting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

UPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE \o/

• Late Late x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.