Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.5.23 - Knock Knock!

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Oct 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Drui Keen Update Guy Administrator

Summary
    Hello, Engineers! This week another small update as we start to double-down on getting our next major polished and ready to go. We noticed that the majority of doors are shared with the whole house, and only a few are set to private, so we flipped the default state; now all doors are shared with the house by default, and you will have to uncheck it only for the few private doors! We also fixed a crash on DS when a player would be banned while in a house by themselves.

We're going to double-down on polishing the 0.6 major release now; we will be paying less attention to weekly releases for a while. We are very close to having it in a presentable state where we are confident we can start talking about, and showing, what we've been preparing for you guys! Please hang in there just a little bit longer. :)

Fixes:
    - Fixed a server crash when banning a player who is alone in a house.
    - Set "share with house" to be enabled by default for doors.

Fence Gate Mod by ablindman: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1162252149

Castle Siege:
    After reviewing the submissions, we've accepted the challenge by The Ironborn! Their video was very well made and we're preparing to face their assault on our castle! :) The time and date will be announced on our social media, so keep a watchful eye!

Incorrect server version
    Hi guys,
    We accidentally released a broken version for the DS. Please redownload the latest server files and load up a backup of your save.
    Sorry for the inconvenience!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

edit:
    sad that we wont have a video next week... but alas. we'll manage... i think

3. McVoy Trainee Engineer

Second!

4. Ardesy Trainee Engineer

Hello, just updated our Server Via Steamcmd.. getting wrong Game version now.. installation Validated.. and here is the top Part of the latest Log:

2017-10-10 16:04:55.523 - Thread: 1 -> Log Started
    2017-10-10 16:04:55.525 - Thread: 1 -> Timezone (local - UTC): 2h
    2017-10-10 16:04:55.525 - Thread: 1 -> App Version: 0.6.0.473D95
    2017-10-10 16:04:55.525 - Thread: 1 -> Steam build: Always true
    2017-10-10 16:04:55.525 - Thread: 1 -> Is official: True [NO][IS][NAMP]
    2017-10-10 16:04:55.525 - Thread: 1 -> Environment.ProcessorCount: 6
    2017-10-10 16:04:55.525 - Thread: 1 -> Environment.OSVersion: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    2017-10-10 16:04:55.525 - Thread: 1 -> Environment.CommandLine: "C:\SteamCMD\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Medieval Engineers Dedicated Server\DedicatedServer64\MedievalEngineersDedicated.exe" -console -ignorelastsession
    2017-10-10 16:04:55.526 - Thread: 1 -> Environment.Version: 4.6.2 or later (460805)
    2017-10-10 16:04:55.526 - Thread: 1 -> Environment.CurrentDirectory: C:\SteamCMD\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Medieval Engineers Dedicated Server\DedicatedServer64
    2017-10-10 16:04:55.526 - Thread: 1 -> Default Culture: de-DE
    2017-10-10 16:04:55.526 - Thread: 1 -> Default UI Culture: de-DE
    2017-10-10 16:04:55.526 - Thread: 1 -> IsAdmin: True
    2017-10-10 16:04:55.698 - Thread: 1 -> Initializing SteamService

5. Deepflame ME Director Staff

Hi guys,
    We accidentally released a broken version for the DS. Please redownload the latest server files and load up a backup of your save.
    Sorry for the inconvenience!

6. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

14 Days without updates... did Clang abandon us ? ( Just kiding, ;) i will be waiting patiently for BIG UPDATE and castle siege ! )
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Merandix Junior Engineer

Hmmm, first my thursday ritual got mangled, now my tuesday-ritual as well... A little sad, but it's probably for the sake of having more dev-time. Keep up the good work, and don't forget to still do video's a little more often than 'only on major updates'. I for one didn't mind the occasional teaser. Some speculation about upcoming features is part of the fun of playing an early access game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. gesp_shad Apprentice Engineer

Prepare to die! :pbjt:

9. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Can't wait to see what you guys have been working on. :)

10. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

The way you said it makes it sound (especially on Steam Announcement) like you won't be doing Weekly Updates at all - not that I have many issues with that; I enjoy the game as is - even though it's something of an acquired taste and one I can't have too much of without...indigestion. If I did have one suggestion that would make SE and ME more palette-able it would be to increase the physical strength of parts - I fail to see how hitting something at a bare nudge would result in the kind of Catastrophic Failure it does in Keen Games. Kinetics in the real world are such that instead of Catastrophic Failure the energy would be recoiled into the ends of the parts eventually resonating out the empty space behind the grids. It takes a very powerful shock in real life to effect wood in such a way that it would instantly break hitting the same material. And Steel is even better at same-material collisions because of it's rigid nature.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  11. CanOmer Junior Engineer

It seems claim block share household setting reverts back itself.

12. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

To update or not to update, thats the question.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Just a litl looongeeer....... ;)
    [​IMG]
    ( but seriosly, we was warned bugfixes or nothink this week :) )

14. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

im keeping hope :p

15. Sir_Moodz Apprentice Engineer

lol, I totally forgot there would be no update today :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

i feel your pain ;-;

17. Masked Death Apprentice Engineer

Ah, damn. I kept refreshing and couldn't figure out what's wrong until I came to the forum.

18. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

concerning no updates, will there be updates to update us on the next updates? if so, please keep this updated.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

i would like to update a reply to the above update concern, if we could update any update before we update the update it would then be a worthy update for all updates and therefore be an updated update.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. boromir Apprentice Engineer

It would still need updating.

21. CanOmer Junior Engineer

Isn't 0.6 update coming tomorrow? :(

22. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Will there be one this week? You'll see, after the break. _commercial sounds_

• Funny Funny x 2
  23. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

Major Update! Major Update! ...just practicing...

24. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

I will be back, next week.
    [​IMG]

25. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Yep, needs more update to update us on the next updates before they are updated.

26. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

updateception?

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

we are the pensioners waiting outside the pub for it to open?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. Cetric Junior Engineer

The community is itchy...
    --- Automerge ---
    Seems to me cruel silence is THE new teasing method, far more effective in torture than announcements in videos about windmills and all that...

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. CanOmer Junior Engineer

Will there be an update today?

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

doesnt look like it... maybe next week...

come back for the revelation on update day next week tuesday. _commercial sounds_

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.