Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.5.5 - Rolling Stones

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Drui Keen Update Guy Developer

Summary
    Hello, Engineers! This week we've got the small stockpile for large stones for you! We also improved voxel performance significantly, and fixed an issue with the tree LODs not dithering correctly. Additionally, we squashed a couple of bugs, and finally, we did some more modding improvements!

Features
    - Added small stockpile for large stones. As we did with the timbers and logs, we also removed the large stones from chests and barrels now.

Improvements
    - Improved performance of voxels on the planet in general.
    - Fixed trees not dithering when switching their LOD models.
    - Fixed crafting fuel usage not displaying correctly in multiplayer.
    - Fixed mouse wheel not working correctly on multiline text boxes.
    - Fixed some small bugs with research table and the wooden shelf.
    - Blacklisted some hand items from weapon rack that didn't belong there.
    - Fixed character footsteps not working correctly, and increased their volume.
    - Fixed the banners on the area info HUD element not fading away completely.
    - Fixed area information notification banner sometimes not fading out correctly.
    - Fixed camera position for a respawn location sometimes being inside the respawn entity.
    - Fixed several minor crashes.

Modding
    - Added MyMeleeWeaponBehaviorDefinition and MyRangedWeaponBehaviorDefinition to whitelist.
    - Added SessionComponentDefinition to ModAPI whitelist so modders can InitFromDefinition their session components.
    - Fixed ModelReadyToShoot path not being moddable.
    - Added documentation integration for the ModAPI dll.

Medieval Engineers 0.5.5.250728:
    - Fixed a bug in block ownership.
    - Whitelisted MyEntityOwnershipComponent.
    - Fixed weapon swing sounds and hit effects.
    - Fixed some naming issues on the options screens.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Ed Frost

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3. Sir_Moodz

Thanks for update and (on request) modding fixes !

4. Forcedminer

I always do love the house/castle designs in ME. :)
    i need a stronger pc to enjoy it though. :p

5. TheBoot

So... since it's not explicitly mentioned, I'm assuming the deer harvesting issues are a more complicated problem that's taking longer to fix?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Silen

Thank you so much for constantly updating this game. :)

Oh, by the way, would love to see a local chat. Just for roleplay purposes. ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MorshuArtsInc

Phew! After a tough week with a broken computer, the knowledge that the company I work at won't keep me after my traineeship ends and the complete obliteration of internet access at home (fixed 2 out of 3 by now), I'm glad to be back.
    And guess what's the first game I installed after the crash?
    Well, it was Team Fortress 2, but right after that, I installed Medieval Engineers! :D
    Good thing to finally see a small stockpile for large stones. Carrying those boulders around is really bad for my spine.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TopHatTim

I made a mod which adds local chat and some other chat features, it's called Extended Chat. (for dedicated servers only)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Silen

Hope your work situation gets better.
    --- Automerge ---
    Yep, I just joined a server that used it and noticed it. Thank you so MUCH for making it!

10. MorshuArtsInc

Thanks, I just sent my first application. I hope that company will like it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Deepflame ME Director Developer

Medieval Engineers 0.5.5.250728:
    - Fixed a bug in block ownership.
    - Whitelisted MyEntityOwnershipComponent.
    - Fixed weapon swing sounds and hit effects.
    - Fixed some naming issues on the options screens.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Silen

I just wanted to say one thing, perhaps other have a different opinion about it, but here's mine:

Months ago I was able to build a castle completely alone without taking too much time. I'm usually a lonewolf, so that works best for me. However as of now the amount of grinding necessary to build something barely similiar, even the smallest fort, is unbereable for me. I just can't grind that much! Maybe it's because of personal tastes and I don't really like grinding, or maybe it's because I don't have that much time to spend, but as I see it you can't really build a castle if you don't have a team now, and that's very... uncomfortable for me.

I don't know what you think about it, I just hope survival mode is tweaked a bit in future! Thanks for your attention, and sorry if this isn't the right place to talk about this, just thought I'd type this on the most recent update log. ^^

13. Deepflame ME Director Developer

Hey Silen, thanks for the feedback. :) What kind of things do you feel are 'grindy'? It helps us if we can kind of figure out what the main bottlenecks are, because everyone has different playstyles and bottlenecks. :)

14. Silen

Hey, thanks for actually listening to the feedback haha. Well, I think mainly it's the stone cubes, I mean, if I wanted to build a small fort I'd have to place quite many of them both to make stone floors and walls, and since I play mostly alone it's kinda hard to get all the materials to build them. Maybe if the amount of stone and small stones required to build the stone cubes was a bit reduced it would be fine.

Honestly though, I understand that balancing the game is a very hard task and making everyone happy is not always possible, so I don't want to put a heavy burden on your shoulders. Just saying generally the amount of resources needed for mainly stone objects such as (most importantly) stone cubes seems a bit much for my lonewolf playstyle, and it takes me a lot of time to even build a very small and simple castle. Thanks for the attention, and again I don't want to make your job hard!

15. Ed Frost

What id propose is add a "grindslider" to the settings, ofc dont call it grindslider (id be laughing my arse off if you do though), that scales the resources needed.

16. Ed Frost

UPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Silen

Oh god, I just found out why the building felt so grindy.

For this whole time I've been playing on a server that uses a mod to change the materials needed to build stone structures, and they're way more than the vanilla ones!

So sorry guys, I'm an imbecile.

18. boromir

"Grind Slider" sounds coooooool. I won't use it though. Add a sound effect of moving a steel fine tooth linear gear across another as the slider moves would improve the slider effect. Then I would use it but reset it when I'm done playing with it. :woot: