Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.6.1 Patch 2 - On the road!

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

Hello, Engineers!
    The release of 0.6 has been received very well. A lot of servers sprouted up, hundreds of people were playing multiplayer together, and we saw a peak of nearly a thousand players at the same time, the highest it's been in several months. While you guys were playing, we were hard at work fixing all kinds of bugs, as well as improving the overall game. We released multiple hotfixes over the course of the week since the release, addressing most of the crashes, and the game is pretty stable again!

For today, we have a bunch of fixes prepared, including some of the most annoying bugs pestering the game. The AMD texture bug is resolved. We have solved the fast travel launches, so you can feel safe travelling again. In addition we have some small quality of life improvements, such as the pickaxe now has a secondary action for mining without returning the resources, and double-clicking on the map now triggers fast travel.
    Enjoy the update!

0.6.1_update1.png

Crash Fixes:
    - Fixed a crash with modded blocks without construction stage models.
    - Fixed a crash with the rope tool.
    - Fixed a crash with the hammer tool when a modded multiblock was missing the main block definition.
    - Fixed a crash in the main menu when the system was low on memory.
    - Fixed a crash when spawning a player character and there was no room to spawn them.

General Fixes:
    - Fixed texture bug on AMD cards.
    - Fixed the blocks in multiplayer turning invisible when building other blocks beside it.
    - Fast travel no longer launches you into the air.
    - Fast travel cooldown is no longer applied when you have admin mode enabled.
    - Fast travel now allows you to travel freely within areas claimed by you, or by your allies that have given you fast travel permission, even if the areas are not on a road. This will allow you to connect your claims to the road system.
    - Fast travel can now be initiated by double-clicking on an area on the map, no need to first click on the fast travel button to toggle fast travel mode.
    - Pickaxe secondary action now mines without generating items.
    - Added "Mod: " to the tooltip of items in the crafting screen, allowing you to see which mod introduced the item. If the item is vanilla, there is no entry.
    - Slightly increased world download speeds.
    - Updated military quest description texts.
    - The Janitor will now clean up any static grids in the center of the planet.

Modders:
    - Added MyDependency attribute to whitelist.
    - Added GetFatBlocks() enumerator to MyCompoundCubeBlock.

Known Issues:
    - We are aware of a slowdown when people are connecting to the server. We're working on it.

Medieval Engineers 0.6.1.43382C
    - Fixed a crash when your save has a static lockable catchblock in the center of the planet.

Medieval Engineers 0.6.1.27D568
    General fixes:
    - Fixed a netcode bug causing catch blocks to not merge.
    - Fixed a character saving bug causing character data to not save reliably.
    - Fixed a crash when the animation event system is not defined correctly.
    - Fixed Stairs, Right Spiral not compounding with Small Round Walls.
    - Tweaked Shift+F11 screen to include ping to the server, and display less data in general.

Modding changes:
    - Whitelisted MyCharacterMovementComponent.
    - Whitelisted MyCharacterControllerComponent.
    - Whitelisted MyEntityControllerComponent.
    - Whitelisted IMyDamageReceiver.
    - Whitelisted Mechanical blocks.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 11
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Yaaaaaaaay

3. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. PurrfectBlinky Trainee Engineer

Grandeur! I have gone flying for a few times now, glad to see that be gone :3 I'll be scavenging for bugs and crashes more this week! >:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. LeonserGT ME Game Designer Staff

It's time to make my own termitary in one of those rocky desert monuments, mwahaha!

7. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

Doesn't surprise me that windmill mechanical block update was awesome!
    after all windmills are super aesthetic and can fly!..no wait.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Thales M. Junior Engineer

Impressive

9. Silen Apprentice Engineer

Thank you for trying to continuously keep the game stable and updated, and thank you for these fixes. The blocks turning invisible was so darn annoying, I don't even know how many times I had to relog because of it! ^^

10. Harlequin Otterdog Trainee Engineer

Wooo tunneling without ending up with a invo full of rocks and rocks rolling around my feet knocking me about.

11. Deepflame ME Director Staff

Quick hotfix guys:
    Medieval Engineers 0.6.1.43382C
    - Fixed a crash when your save has a static lockable catchblock in the center of the planet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Thales M. Junior Engineer

How can it be in the center of the planet?

13. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Magic

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Deepflame ME Director Staff

I'm not sure, but we have seen cases where there were grids in the center of the planet.

Better clean em up!

15. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Are you trying to say i lacked in enthusiasm?

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

the fun is back in ME. the 0.6 update has made the game sharp, the world fun to explore, and the tech tree a blast!

no target delays, only lag i can see is an occasional 1 second pause when a new player joins, and the only thing possible to complain about is under fix anyway. the game feels finished!

however i got so excited when clang flipped me up in the air 200 feet... i cant explain this nostalgia but during that 200 foot free view i saw the top of the mesa i then built upon. clang. clever clang.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Good to see that we can now fast travel again without traveling several chunks further through the air afterwards. The only issue I'm having now is duping items. Some friends and I were playing last weekend had

THE ALPHORN INCIDENT.

It gave us a big amount of timbers and metal parts though, so we've got that one going, which is nice.

18. Cetric Junior Engineer

So the policy has been changed to weekly updates again, with opportunity given to the community to express their support and burn some candles here.
    That's better than the technique of silent torture in anticipation over wide stretches of time.
    That is, if I interpret this event right.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  19. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

A week already?
    Good stuff KEEN.
    ah - and thanks for the right click to clear!

20. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

I was just joining in on your enthusiasm with my own

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  21. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

So I'm wondering and forgive me for not starting up the game to find out immediately but - With this patch do we need to create a path from remote locations to the road of claims or can we just fast travel there from anywhere (on a road/claim zone)?

Also Congratz On Resuming Weekly Updates Keen - You made the right choice; Now if only we could get update videos on SE.

As a suggestion maybe in the future allow us to build our own roads for use with fast travel (like an alternative function to the shovel or something; Although it'd require adding a menu/tertiary action with the fill ability)

22. Thales M. Junior Engineer

Yes you need path.

23. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Oke good to hear that :woot:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  24. Deepflame ME Director Staff

Medieval Engineers 0.6.1.27D568
    General fixes:
    - Fixed a netcode bug causing catch blocks to not merge.
    - Fixed a character saving bug causing character data to not save reliably.
    - Fixed a crash when the animation event system is not defined correctly.
    - Fixed Stairs, Right Spiral not compounding with Small Round Walls.
    - Tweaked Shift+F11 screen to include ping to the server, and display less data in general.

Modding changes:
    - Whitelisted MyCharacterMovementComponent.
    - Whitelisted MyCharacterControllerComponent.
    - Whitelisted MyEntityControllerComponent.
    - Whitelisted IMyDamageReceiver.
    - Whitelisted Mechanical blocks.

• Like Like x 3
  25. MaxTheBuilder Trainee Engineer

Whats wrong with torture? With the correct placement of timbers, catch blocks, rope drum and handle you can build a rack that can make torture down right enjoyable. :woot:

26. Thales M. Junior Engineer

Burning foot :p
    [​IMG]

27. JuStX2 Apprentice Engineer

Although you /really/ need the player harness mod to make it real :p - Hope someday we won't need that mod and can just sit in chairs like normal people :p - 'cuz let's face it - no matter how low-tech the transport - there's /always/ need to include a passenger seat; I mean we may not have motors but we damn well have buddies to haul us around :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

I know that feeling

29. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Its tuesday?

... UPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE \o/

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.