Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.6.1 Patch 5 - Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

Hello, Engineers!
    With the big sale of the weekend behind us, we have reached a new peak of players. 1494 simultaneous players building villages and castles at one time, it is the highest it has been since the release day peak! Servers are busy as ever, and it's a great ending to 2017 for all us Medieval Engineers!

The Christmas holidays are coming up and as we're preparing to enjoy this with our families and friends we have one last update for this year. We added a restart tutorial button to the F1 help screen for those who forgot, or simply want to go through it again. We've rebalanced the rewards of the treasure chests to be more in balance with the fast travel on roads limitation, and we tweaked the compound dummies on the stairs and wooden supports.

Enjoy the update, and a merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Medieval Engineers development team, and all of the people working at Keen Software House! We will see you again next year, 9th of January, with the next Medieval Engineers update!

0.6.1_xmas1080.jpg

General Improvements:
    - Rebalanced treasure chests rewards.
    - Added a button to restart the tutorial.
    - Fixed compounding for stairs and wooden supports.
    - Crossbow now shows hit indicators for the killing shot as well.
    - Added some performance logging.
    - Corrected a mistake in the whitelist.
    - Increased quality of star banner symbol.
    - Addressed some problems where small grids wouldn't stick to large grids.
    - When a claimblock becomes dynamic it destroys itself, losing the claim on the area it claimed.
    - Auto-level voxel hand's plane can now be altered, and it is no longer locked to world coordinates.
    - Resolved an issue where large grids would not always become dynamic and remain floating in the air after their base collapsed.

Enjoy!
    Medieval Engineers Team

Medieval Engineers 0.6.1.53d12d
    - Fixed mod downloading issues after Steam API changes

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Happy Holidays KEEN!

3. Stori3D Past Productions Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for a great year, Keen!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Köbi 2 Apprentice Engineer

Merry christmas to you! Great work with 0.6 and over the year. So much better than a year ago! Really appreciate that you made it less grindy!

5. DigitalStone Apprentice Engineer

A superb year for Medieval Engineers and so much better than one year ago.
    It's really... a world of difference :woot:
    Merry christmas

6. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

@Deepflame and the ME team ....Enjoy your Christmas break. You guys have earned it. What you have done with ME in the last year is nothing short of amazing. Taking a lame duck and turning it into a beautiful swan. Can't wait to see what 0.7 has to offer!

So far you have increased the depth and variety of the gameplay as well as making the world more varied and putting a fine structure around the process of learning to build stuff that genuinely works as well, if not better, than any other I have come across.

Really has taken Medievel Engineers out of the Dark Ages ..... er.....

7. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

yay \o/

8. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Merry Christmas, Keen! You definitely deserve some time to relax after this amazing year.
    Now it's time to get the old Christmangonel out of the garage and give it some good polishing.
    That was an unusually tiny yay. Are you okay? It's almost Christmas, after all.

9. DragonDoom Trainee Engineer

Hope you have a great Xmas & fabulous New Year, ME team - everyone else as well !

10. torgo Apprentice Engineer

Io Saturnalia KSH. Congrats on bringing the game so far along in 2017. Can't wait to see what 2018 has in store for us.

11. Tenzo Apprentice Engineer

Merry Christmas ME team, cheers, you guys did a great job with the current state of the game. Enjoy the Holidays and have a Happy New Year!

The game right now reminds me of Skyrim for some reason. I feel like I can be roleplaying a Nord and I want to build the Mead Hall from Rohan. It's very pleasant to play. It's very different than what it was at launch. In a good way, it feels warmer. When I first played it two years ago, the pure focus on engineering gave it a very cold vibe - but not in a negative way, just very technical and to the point. Now, it feels like it is still technical but it has this warmer feel to it like it's not just engineering - there are things to do that are not strictly engineering, and I'm looking forward to seeing more things that branch it out like this - suddenly, peasants, a working economy, some water (at least to water the crop fields) doesn't seem so far off as it once was.

I also really like the research system. It feels natural and doesn't feel like you're just thrown out there into the world without any purpose. And it really helps with learning what each block does and how each feature of the game works - I didn't think it would work so well just reading about it on the front page but it just works really well in practice. (Although I am stuck on finding Iron (I don't know where it is and I don't know what it looks like) and I think it would help if the tutorial told players that instead of vegetables they could harvest the roots of small bushes in order to make the salad - I think it's easy to miss the roots when collecting from small bushes. There was one who went directly for deer when trying to eat, and died while the meat was cooking, from the Steam reviews.)

Conan Exiles could learn a LOT from you guys on what you did with ME so far. I was playing that previously as my survival game, but ME is a much better game.

Overall, I'm just pleasantly surprised with where ME is right now.

Anyway, cheers and enjoy your break. And I hope you enjoyed this GLOWING mini-review. :)

Ah yes, I know, we also need a mead cask! And brewing! Some mead with juniper berries!

;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Krougal Senior Engineer

I found the Christmas tree, but did you guys forget to make it craftable?
    Anyway, good updates. I see hides stack now which is much appreciated.

13. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

im not a fan of christmass :|
    and truth be told... im not that well >.> roommate announced his departure a few days ago... so have till february to get someone to replace him. + im getting less money next year + texes go up... im screwed :shrug:

14. Cetric Junior Engineer

Can't say ME was a "lame duck" the year* before, but I agree it is now in better shape than ever, with KEEN's ME team on the right course. Enjoy the pause and see you back in next year, with certainly more high water marks coming up for both SE and ME in 2018.

*got into all this in early 2016 and this was strong enough for a pull, definitely.

15. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Sorry to hear that. I hope things turn better for you next year.:(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

its alright. i try what i can to keep myself afloat. and yeh, hope the same... had 3 sh*t years now and a 4th is on its way now.

17. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

Hotfix 0.6.1.53d12d

• Like Like x 1
  18. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

Keen calling at 4:00 am: "Captain get in the office, the API is broken"
    CptTwinkie 4:01 am: "who is this, grunk how did you get my home phone number?"
    Keen 4:01 am: "its DeepFlame, i got lit up on no mods are working on any of our servers"
    CptTwinkie 4:04 am: "am i dreaming?"
    DeepFlame 4:04 am: "wake up, for three minutes you didnt say anything"
    CptTwinkie 4:45 am: "honey i had a nightmare"
    Keen at 8:03 am: "where are you?"

all of this for $20 is a steal imho...

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Bogus Trainee Engineer

Thanks for fix this ;D

20. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

Thanks to all of you guys for these encouraging words. We've put so much into this game already and we're continuing the same way into the new year. Not too long after I was promoted to Assistant Producer for the whole of Medieval Engineering, I was called to a meeting with Marek Rosa himself and Tim the Deepflame, my boss. We were discussing the overall project and why we were going to be committed to it. I told them that I was committed to it because failing was simply unthinkable for me. We have a fantastic and dedicated community that has helped us along the way, a great team of committed developers who love the game, and I can't imagine letting everyone down. The whole team pushes every day to make sure that, no matter what we are working on, we try to get it right. That is for you, the community, and for us, the developers, so that we can hold our heads high and say proudly that we are the Medieval Engineers team. We are creating something unique for our community and we are proud of it.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!
    Chuck "CptTwinkie" Winters

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  21. TheBoot Apprentice Engineer

No Christmas tree? I'm gonna go craft some coal to put into your stockings!

22. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  23. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

*crawls to the forums* NO UPDAAAATEEE... Wait why am i yelling that? *awkwardly backs off*

• Funny Funny x 2
  24. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  25. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

I know :D
    Cant wait :')

26. Krougal Senior Engineer

FFS, why do you guys constantly post in the changelog threads? People trying to sleep around here.
    I know SE team put out a patch, but they are a bunch of useless slackers and don't deserve a break, ME team worked hard last year.

I know, I know. I'm dieing to see what goodies u7 brings too :)

• Like Like x 1
  27. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Becauss... WE DO WHAT WE WAAAAAAANT! REBEEELLLLLLL.
    >.>
    <.<
    >.>

28. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

not yet update day :troll:

29. torgo Apprentice Engineer

jonesing here... need a fix today

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.