Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 0.6.3 Patch 4 - Minor Update

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MaxIlyich(RUS) Trainee Engineer

They added mechanical blocks. But what's the point?. To facilitate the crafting of something, to make flour... The name of the game Enginery and when you buy it do you know what will build mechanisms. What's real. You can dig the land, build castles, cut trees, make siege mechanisms. But the server is a bit crooked. If you believe the saying " Laziness is the engine of progress." You do not when you do not want to help the game globally?. Let's say your house, the castle on the mountain, but you need trees and they are at the bottom of the plain. You need to make a cart, a cart and if you load it you do not tighten the mountain. Even if you do the gear on the ropes, you have 2 ways. Or you can run it by hand, twist yourself, or use a bug of game that would make an infinite engine. In brosaetsa it very quickly and it is not convenient. But if only for a moment to imagine, if it were possible to use the wind, not only mechanical blocks, they are useful, they are not put on mobile buildings, they are not connected to the hubs. It would be possible to put 2 mills on top of the mountain that would rotate from the wind and tighten the heavy carts on the mountain, and that the carts would not wag on the sides they can make a stake. And Yes, I know now the rope has a limit on the length, but it does not prevent to make such mechanisms, or rather would not hurt if it were. He water, it is still a wheel can be connected to these mekhanicheskim blocks, and again to relieve yourself quite a bit of the game...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Grandpa Canuck Trainee Engineer

Add any gunpowder and you will loose a large part of the following base of this game. There are a thousand things that could be added that can enhance the game, but gunpowder and the associated things will destroy the basic game.

Please add hot sand and oil to drop, flaming arrows, tar covered fields for the flame arrows to ignite, war dogs, iron traps, wild aggressive animals, ability to burry dead animals under walls to burn causing the heat to crack the walls, or even water and boat....But for gods sake please don't think of adding gunpowder and its accessories.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

more. just more. anything.

4. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

tuuuuuueeeeesdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
    --- Automerge ---
    Wait.. It was Wednesday yesterday.... :face_palm:

• Late Late x 1
  5. Thales M. Junior Engineer

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Nownits tuesday \o/ yaaaaay

7. OmEgA_StOrM Apprentice Engineer

Does anybody know ob what they are working?

8. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

Nope.

We are working on 0.6.4. It grew into a larger update than it was supposed to but we like it. ¯\(ツ)/¯
    Sorry for not talking at all about upcoming updates but we got word from management not to talk about plans.

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. boromir Apprentice Engineer

That's most upsetting.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

I have to agree it's not working very well for ME. It works for SE because they are doing a lot of multiplayer changes and performance stuff that they can talk about all they want. For ME we're just working on new features so we have nothing we can say.

I would imagine that we won't continue this way forever. We will just have to wait and see.

11. MaxIlyich(RUS) Trainee Engineer

How soon will something really cool come out?. Assumptions: water, gunpowder, new blocks, new blocks for mechanisms. Write your assumptions, when will something really large-scale)

12. boromir Apprentice Engineer

\o/ .... where's Ed?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Jan Žák Trainee Engineer

I think this is not a good strategy for the company to keep silent for a month and not to write a line of what's going on. A line of gaming companies will at least announce on Steam, that they are working on a new big update and ask the players for patience. And you just keep silent. You have disappointed me a little, and I think not only me.

14. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

I really do apologize. I have no choice but to follow company policy in this. I'm working to get some information approved for release but I'm not having any success right now. All I can do is keep trying.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Supreme Chicken Trainee Engineer

Thank you for trying at least, that is appreciated. In case it helps if more people give their feedback on this, I'll write down my thoughts.

When you were working on introducing planets, we got several sneak peaks and update videos. Farming was announced beforehand, and even mechanical blocks were at least mentioned as the next big update a long time before 0.6. But since 0.6 was released, we haven't had as much as a hint as to what you're working on (well, except maybe that existing stone blocks would be overhauled at some point). All update videos have been scrapped too. I get that you don't want to spoil all the surprises before a major update is released, but not telling anything at all doesn't seem like the right way to go either.

Then the frequency of updates has gone way down too. And while you may have good reasons for putting out updates less regularly, it's again the communication that bothers me. Instead of telling the community you'd be changing the way updates are rolled out, you just started skipping weekly updates, and people had to ask about it to get an explanation. It's now been 14 weeks and counting since 0.6.3, and we have no clue if the next update will be ready next week or in two more months. I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting in anticipation every Tuesday, only to be disappointed when the day passes with not a word from Keen. It seems like the least you could do would be to just drop a line on the forums that the update isn't ready yet this week when you know it won't be.

I can't help but wonder if this strategy doesn't impede attracting new players to the game. If an 'outsider' looks at ME, sees that there haven't been any major updates in a long time and can't find any information on future developments, are they going to buy the game or conclude that it may be abandoned and move on? I'm sure you're working hard behind the screens, I'm excited when new updates are released, as they usually add interesting things and look good, but the 'wait and see if and when you get anything' during the many weeks in between is pretty frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

*whistles ME menu theme*
    [​IMG]
    Me?
    Oh, don't mind me. I'll just wait 'til next week.

17. boromir Apprentice Engineer

@Supreme Chicken , Keen's newish communication policy has been discussed ad nauseum in the SE forums by staunch game supporters: https://forum.keenswh.com/threads/se-abandoned-finished.7400615/

The fact is the policy is what it is and the goal of Keen is to finish these two games. They have said several times they're committed to getting SE "polished" to make room for the next great thing.

I'm confident they'll do the same for ME. Admittedly I miss hearing from @Deepflame about ME.
    --- Automerge ---
    Thanks to @CptTwinkie and @Petr Beranek for answering questions of both communities during this time.

18. Frostik Apprentice Engineer

The lack of communication won´t work well in early access. At least write a dev diary post or let xocliw interview one of the devs about what he/she is working on, so we can provide feedback and suggestions. You should invest time into your community or players will start to abandon the project.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Huh. According to Murphy's law, the update should have been released today, since I wouldn't have had a chance to play ME this weekend.

20. boromir Apprentice Engineer

Murphy's Law also suggests you missed the notification.

21. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Ive been extremely busy lately D:

22. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Geeee.... it sure is boring around here.
    [​IMG]

23. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

Soon™

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. Thomas_Jefferson Apprentice Engineer

It's just nice to at least hear an informative update once in a while. I figured that there would be an update within a few weeks of the big SE update.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. boromir Apprentice Engineer

Nah, their super-big giant engineering game compiler machine is so powerful and gets so hot when being used it takes a while™ to cool down. Then they have to reset it! That also takes a while™.

26. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

That is completely not true. We have multiple build servers and they run multiple continuous-integration builds in parallel on a regular basis during the day. Building, quickly, is not a problem these days :D

As for the release date it's still soon™ but maybe pushed a couple of weeks. The good news is that we can work on some PR for the release now :D The bad news is that we have decided to keep our big feature...let's call it "redacted" ...a secret until the release. You guys can have fun guessing what it is and we'll make a teaser closer to the release day.

27. boromir Apprentice Engineer

(If I may borrow your tags)<joke>Huh, that's funny. And I thought the required number of steam turbines, smelting pours, and fissile reactions involved in the compilation process was a function of how much engineering was in a game.
    Oh well.</joke> Glad to hear it happens quickly. :woot:

28. glubbfreund Trainee Engineer

Have to agree. I also dislike this decision and im truly disappointed and if im honest... this was the reason why I quit to follow this game.

29. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Yeah, itd be nice to have some update every now amd then, even if its just bi-weekly with a small teaser or something.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.