Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

New! Update 0.6.3 Patch 4 - Minor Update

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Thales M. Junior Engineer

I'm watching old videos btw. Old and first mechanical block preview: Hamsterwheel

--- Automerge ---
    If next version is 0.6.3 Patch 5, it will be called minor update.
    If next version is 0.6.4, then it will be called major update.
    If next version is 0.7.1, how will you call it?

2. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

i dont know what the intention of keen is or was to not inform any ME users of any status or anything but it makes me pull away and care less... i bought a similar crafting game last week just looking for something with a heartbeat...

someone in keen made a decision that in essence has stopped me from playing ME since late spring.

change it fellas or lose us.

ME is a brilliant open world building game for intelligent players that i believe keen has this summer miscalculated how it communicates its development milestones to the user base. the tell nothing policy is close to an insult for users around since 2015 imho...

understand i want to be more angry and aggressive in this post but like my steam review i know i am going in and out of a kitchen with chefs still cooking the game stew. but that metaphor has changed to now the kitchen is cold, no patrons are sitting at the tables anymore, and i cant get a clue of what the new menu is going to look or taste like. and outside there are new restaurants, great reviews for new things, and a lot of more exciting developers talking their players through the future of their games... and we are hungry.

nobody wants to be in our shoes imho. who wants to be an ME player right now? why start a new server until the new version comes out... why build anything?

leaving metaphor: 22 guys are playing soccer. then its halftime. the ref named keen never comes out from halftime and all the 22 players are standing around on the pitch wondering when the game will begin again? is he coming out soon? where did he go? did he go home? is he leaving? should we stay? what do we do now? all we know is that we cant play...

3. Cetric Junior Engineer

The policy is the same with SE and ME so I figure it was decided from the very top of KEEN management to stop teasing around and play the mystery man theme instead when it comes to updates and game changes.
    I have the idea maybe there was some douchebag guy who sued KEEN for teasing something he believes not to have found in the product, so to avoid legal trouble (and lawyer stuff always costs too much money) and stay on the safe side they settled for stopping the teasing and announcing of updates completely, that is, until the very last minute. But that's only my theory, don't crucify me when I am wrong.
    Understandable that would be, though. Teasing and interacting with the community is fun for devs, I think, but having to pay for leaning out of the window too far when someone is determined to make trouble isn't funny at all.
    Another reason could be, that weekly update videos and related posting simply requires resources they decided rather to spend on core tasks, that is, developing the game(s) a bit faster without spilling energy on the entertainment front with us, the never satisfied followers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

ME is in my top 5 games all time, and for an early access so i am venting perhaps... but we know what happens when kids don't get fed and are tired... and start kicking the chair in front of them and... and...

5. Köbi 2 Apprentice Engineer

The next update most likely 6.4 not yet 7 will be on 21. of aug. Because the banner contest (that will get you a banner in the game in 6.4) deadline is on 13.08.2018. So it theoretically could be on the 14th... but I guess it wont be before 21th or even later...

It most likely wont have water (the nr. one requested thing) because they made it quite clear that they dont care about that request and most likely never will fullfill it.
    It most likely wont have a horse or any other animals or npcs (The second most requested thing.) because they made the "fast travel placeholder solution" permament with the last update, which indicates that there is no hope for a horse anymore... Also they made it clear that they have no intentions at all to bring back the npc helpers...
    POIs? Procedurally created world? Wildlife? Well I dont think so... I mean look at SE. No life at all and nearly finished. There is a reason why all the other titles like Empyrion, etc take over the players base.
    Even if I hope for something cool, I dont think it will be anything game changing in the next update. Maybe that hamster wheel... maybe 1 or 2 blocks more and who knows... maybe finally some more diagonal and or other "of angle" walls that are very much needed... But I dont think so.
    I think they will have an official glass solution... Maybe even sandstone... Its really hard, because there are so many things that should be in the game for a long time... Like a bed. I mean who likes to play in the dark for hours? Tons of stuff that wont really make it better and only be "finally, thanks god, that took way to long"-stuff...

Anyways the communication thingy is propably just because of marek. He is worse in PR than in programming or ceoing. He bombed hard some time ago when he freaked out the SE community with his communications and because of his mistakes he punishes all the great communicaters (like deepflame and cpt twinky) and the ME community and hurts the progress and trust... imo...

ps: I really hope the barbs will return. (That was a stupid move to nerf them to regions.) (and i hope for some more hostile varity, which I think Is reasonable to hope for and may be a thing in the next update.) Also at least procedural ores (if not the whole world) would bring a lot!

And no communications and updates, just raises expectations... So tbh, even if I try to hold back any hope, so I dont get disappointed. I kinda now expect 6.4 to be huge and as impressiv as a 5 or 6 now...

6. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

I hope for horses, more variety in animals, npc slaves i mean helpers, more variety in barbarians, amd after that maybe some more blocks and resources. Rn, the game feels more boring than skyrim to me, so even if im stalking the forums, its more because i want to know whether they did something about any of those points or not. I dont really mind the bugfixes in EA, id rather have some more content to play with, a few more reasons to actually built a defense system when youre playing on a private server with only 2 others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

did we ever find out if the barbarians inside the code have perhaps held Keen ransom? what if a Tron like revolution has occurred? i am imagining walking into the offices and seeing all humans trapped inside their desk monitors peering out like General Zod in Superman II looking out of the Phantom Zone... i am going to make some calls...

[​IMG]

8. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Though thatd be hilarious to see, id rather have them give us an update on the progress of whatever it is theyre working on

9. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

this just in: Keen has been hired by Valve to make Half Life 3. i am going to make some calls...

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. boromir Apprentice Engineer

Early Access and crickets from the developers is typically a bad combo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Welp, I'm going to be on a bus tour to Prague next week, with a bit of free time on Tuesday.
    Better pack a whip.

Or at least a wet towel.

12. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Thales M. Junior Engineer

It seems that's not soon enough.

14. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

I was ready to release a week ago. At this point we're just polishing things until we get the green light for release.

• Informative Informative x 3
  15. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]
    Found'em! :carlton:
    I had a free afternoon today, so I literally walked the extra mile all the way from the Hradčany to their office building (which is pretty huge btw). But I was too shy to say hi (/whoop their butts with a wet towel:woot:), and I was tired and smelled terrible. Also, it would have been pretty rude to just burst in (kind of) unannounced. And breathe heavily. And aspirate "Uuuuuuuuuup......daaaaaaaaaate.....".

But I think it was worth it nonetheless. Although my legs will hurt like hell tomorrow. Now I can return home happily!

• Like Like x 2
  16. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

forget that man, what about olive karolinska? did you eat there? did you try the "Ratatouille Nicoise, couscous"?

17. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Uh, no. I had two (rather expensive) ice coffees at a café right next to the Mánesův most, and haven't eaten anything ever since. In ME terms, my vigor buff has worn off, and the hungry debuff is slowly kicking in.
    I should get something to eat in my hotel.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018 at 20:15
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

The Olive has reasonably good mediterranean food at high prices. I used to eat there a lot but they changed their menu a little and I got tired of it.

19. Cetric Junior Engineer

You could have pretended you wanted to go to the Czech Postoffice (Czeshka Poshka) in the building, but took the wrong entrance. And hide your sword meanwhile...
    By the way, KEEN had an open door day in may (I think) for the public, so that is the official day to walk in and do the wet towel beating. :D
    (maybe that's why it wasn't broadly advertised before, too many wet towels stolen in hotels)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

ok this is what CptTwinkie really said: "The Olive has reasonably good Mediterranean food at high prices. I used to eat there a lot but they changed their menu a little and I got tired of it."

but this is really what he is saying: "We have implemented multiple serf bot controls, added horses, added water, created claim blocks that last 3 weeks and include a POP3 email notice system for expiry, added custom world size in setup menu, put in an intra-game portal between space engineers and medieval engineers allowing live simultaneous playing, redid the combat system, made sacrifices to clang, gave Marek a gift card to The Olive because of all the shit he gets from the boards, used the barbarian AI and applied it to a retextured deer that is now a wolf, took the bow and turned it sideways and added a wood piece to make a crossbow, added pikes/spears and other long arms, created a Throne which differs from the claim block in that its the treasure folks take home, took all of peaceman's mods and bought them and made them our own, began new production on a game called Renaissance Engineers because you bastards love gunpowder and blowing things up so much, added an experience based rewards system for those that make use of siege craft and therefore developing more Siege-v-Siege players and less stay in my castle care bear players who put signs out on their farms saying Go Away despite it being the year 1290 a.d., added Religion due to the era, and have unleashed a Tron like internal virus to the game where the barbarian AI will over time develop its own intellect internally to the game and could in theory SkyNet our world's destruction... and all employees of Keen now get stock ownership for all other companies that share the same office building address (Deloitte, P&G, eBay, etc.)."

pretty sure that's what he is saying. i read the code man, i read you loud and clear... this is the green light for release. understood.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

Actually, what I was saying is that 80% of the menu is now vegan and the other 20% is a roast chicken leg with random side every day. I'm not paying their high prices to eat a chicken leg every day.

22. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Ah, I see. So what you're saying is CHICKENS CONFIRMED