Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

New! Update 0.7.1 - Major Overhaul of Audio, Visuals, & Blocks

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Drui, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

Press F for DeepFlame

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Thales M. Senior Engineer

:(
    Best luck for DeepFlame

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Two years ago, I would have frantically pressed F5 every Tuesday.
    Today, I shall frantically press F instead...
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Frostik Apprentice Engineer

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. edjon2000uk Trainee Engineer

Not necessarily, they have been concentrating on SE for the moment as they have stated.

I look forward to the next ME update as, and when, it becomes available, I shall wait and see, instead of jumping to conclusions.

A lot of other games can take many months before they are updated and they are still going strong.

For example, the next map expansion for Eurotruck Simulator 2 is due in December, for the past month its latest game update has been in public beta and it could stay that way for another month, this game is still doing very well after many, many years.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Thales M. Senior Engineer

Space Engineers was in far worse state than current state of ME, then they worked hard on SE until it succeeds. Not perfect but SE is now quite good compared to its old buggy early access times

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Let's just hope it doesn't become the next Cube World...

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  8. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

New update, Medieval Engineers 0.8.0.0AA000:
    - Updated catch block mechanics removing all errors.
    - Added mechanical block construction onto windmill blocks.
    - Added multiple player skin choices.
    - Re-implemented old crafting screen and crafting table.
    - Addressed all roof issues
    - Fixed more crashes we collected from the logs over the weekend.
    - Resolved player joining server delay
    - Fixed all blocks.
    - Fixed blueprints.
    - Fixed Deer pathfinding and spawning.
    - Barbarians will now carry more inventory.
    - Training dummies can be picked up again.
    - Fixed rope drum issues.
    - Made food relevant again with hunger affecting health.
    - Increased torch radius.
    - Fixed branches flying from tree core.
    - Fall damage reduced depending upon landing surface.
    - Fixed doorways under construction no longer spaz out.
    - Added Wolves and Bears.
    - Created Barbarian Villages with 1-4 Barbarians defending.
    - Added Tombs, Dungeons, and other Sites of Significance.
    - Added Water.
    - Added five more harvestables: olives, salt, cod, lead, and obsidian.
    - Added Volcanoes.
    - Added Weather.
    - Added Global Economy System with pricing based on total storage quantity of all players.
    - Added twenty five new weapons and armors.
    - Added Domesticated Animals: goats, sheep, cows, and chickens.
    - Added Horses, Mules, and Camels for player transport.
    - Added Global Random Events.
    - Added all new admin system for world clean up, player warnings, and other tools.
    - Added 64 additional Religious themed Content Blocks.
    - Added friendly traveling Gypsies that can be traded with.
    - Assigned a moderator to the forum and have reconnected the Support site to automated ticket tracking.

• Like Like x 4
  9. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

All this, and still no pulleys or NPC workers smh

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  10. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I thought it was a wishlist........

11. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

No oxen to pull my plows?!

Seriously though, it's a nice wish list.

12. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

HOTFIX! New update, Medieval Engineers 0.8.1.0AA001:
    - Added Oxen with Plows.
    - Added Pulleys.
    - Added Serfs as NPCs to be given assignments.
    - Have Assigned dedicated staff to work with modders.
    - Added Waterfalls and Water Springs

• Like Like x 3
  13. Thales M. Senior Engineer

At least fix the bugs that came with 0.7 update so we can play the game with less frustration until the development continues.

14. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

I am sure an update will come.
    I remember times like these on the SE side of things.

15. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

.... sigh ....

• Like Like x 1
  16. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Just a small 7 month dry spell....

17. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

Attention attention! from shad running the main medieval-engineers.eu server said he talked to some developers and they told him they have some guys now working on break fix issues from 0.7! keep the faith! keep the hope! we may be in a valley and not in crevasse. this was typed in the server's discord channel and made me want to tell some other ME engineers there is still a low, very low, candlelight burning at Keen's ME division...

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

*Candle in the Wind starts playing*

• Like Like x 1
  19. Roxette Senior Engineer

Investing more time and money in further developing a game with so few players would seem to be a business decision of dubious merit.

[​IMG]

20. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

I personally believe the game has too much potential to just abandon. I wish they would put more emphasis on engineering and less on making an Elder Scrolls clone.

21. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

I'm still full of hope. After all, Cube World is about to be released after 6 years of updateless silence!
    I just hope it won't take the ME team as long.

• Like Like x 1
  22. CptTwinkie Moderator

That's just...wow:carlton:

23. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

I own both games. I have 9000+ hrs playing SE and 0 hrs playing ME. What's the difference? Both games have engineering in the title, but only one has it in the game. It was the engineering in the title that caught my attention, made me watch others play, and eventually buy Space Engineers. It wasn't Space Wars or Space Force or Space Empires or Space Invaders. Space Engineers, don't see that every day. Sure, it's not MIT level engineering, but it's more than what you get in other space games. Then Keen announces Medieval Engineers, the first in a series of engineering themed games.

I have the game, and when it becomes an engineering game on the level of SE, I'll play it.

That means beasts of burden, wind and water for mechanical power, and springs for stored power. Would be nice to have all the simple machines, but conversations about that in SE suggests that we might not be able to have that. I'd be fine if they faked it somehow, though ;).

It needs to be about engineering during the Medieval period first. We need to be able to create clever devices. The rest will fall into place.

24. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

An Elder Scrolls Clone? A Minecraft clone maybe (at least regarding the cube based building and the crafting aspect of the game), but an Elder Scrolls Clone?? The only parallels between ME and Skyrim or Oblivion etc. is the medievalish setting and that you can fight barbarians.

I do however highly agree on the lack of engineering in this game. Currently, instead of Medieval Engineers (ME), it's rather Medieval Architects (MA) or Medieval Resource Gatherers (MRG) or Medieval Try To Get That F**king Cart Unstuck (MTTGTFCU) or Medieval Wait Centuries For That Flax To Grow So You Can Finally Actually Do The Fun Stuff (MWCFTFTGSYCFADTFS) or Medieval Walk Around Aimlessly In Pretty Lifeless Lands Until You Accidentally Step On A Rogue Tree Branch And Die (MWAAIPLLUYASOARTBAD (which could also be the name of a mountain in New Zealand))
    It's been AGES since we got some nice new small grid blocks that could help building more complex contraptions. I won't complain about the large grid mechanical blocks though, those are pretty dope (especially the saw mills and the new crushers). But I reeeeeally need some pulleys. And screws (as in wooden ones like in a wine press for precise rotational to linear conversion, not as in metal ones to attach one thing to another). And some different sizes for catch blocks. And lockable catch blocks that actually lock (preferably in both directions). And maybe pulling handles.
    And I finally. Want. To. Sit. On. Chairs. PLEASE.

@CptTwinkie Nice to see you around albeit not being directly involved in development of ME anymore.

OR ARE YOU...? *X-Files theme starts playing*

Anyway, I hope you are doing well.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

Never played Minecraft. Ever. I was referencing the Medieval setting and how people want dragons.

I'd also like to point out that apparently the game is European Medieval Engineers and the rest of the world was on hold or something. They did not get the memo about the engineering projects going on in China at the time. They were making solid fuel rockets and they had military scouts riding on kites. They also dabbled a bit with lighter -than-aircraft. Lenses were being crafted with skill in the Middle East, and they had calculating machines that used gears. There is no concrete because apparently the Roman formula was lost so no way anyone else thought of it.

There also seems to be a serious lack of chains and cables. There's rope...

I don't want to farm. I want to make a farming machine. I don't want to build a trebuchet. I want to make an automatic trebuchet. I don't want to build a castle. I want to build a moving castle.

I want to use my imagination.

26. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

MTTGTFCU is worth the $19.99 imho...

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Technically, the countries you are mentioning did not have "Middle Ages" like Europe. "Middle" Ages as in "those uncultured barbaric years between the glorious Antiquity and our all new New Antiquity" (as in the Renaissance).
    But I do agree, those Chinese were much more advanced than (Roman christian) Europe back in the day. Water powered bellows, huge wooden astronomical clocks, mass production, automatic seeders, repeater crossbows, advanced bureaucracy - you name it.

Those automatic machines you mentioned were once actually possible in ME, back when we had the rotor block. But sadly, it got removed for some reason.

• Informative Informative x 1
  28. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

afaik clang dynamos still work
    Imagine not having a horse.

• Like Like x 1
  29. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Clangines do still work, but they're by far not as stable as the old rotor.
    Horses though. Or oxen. And a way to attach them to small grids. And maybe also to large grid mechanical blocks, as an early alternative to windmills. You know, a capstan.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1