Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.006 - Symmetry/mirror mode, Inventory

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Kamoba Senior Engineer

Seconded.

2. camsedin Trainee Engineer

yeah speed doesn't seem to matter how many thrusters u have now. u can all hit same speed? even with the jetpack heh

still early days tho.

3. Mishka Junior Engineer

Of Course, you dont need more thrusters to get the speed it just means you accellerate faster the more you have

4. ataxdude Trainee Engineer

WOOOOOHOOOO cant wait for 1.7! i was tweeting to one of the devs for pace engineers and he said that the tools will be enabled soon!

5. Hatter Apprentice Engineer

6. Joint_Sniper Trainee Engineer

Can you guys release the tool, you said in a dev log that it was complete whats the sense in holding back?

7. adigregorio Trainee Engineer

Just wanted to say thanks for a great game!

I noticed that this "inertial dampener" stuff in the update; however, I had been using it the last week without issue. Of course, it was a bit buggy via the 'naut. You would have to tap 'X' several times in succession to get the damn pack to turn off while moving in a given direction. Viola, you are now flailing around in spaaaccccee!

I have yet to test the new build, so I assume that there is a better mechanic for achieving the inertia filled directional travel.

Regardless, I can't get enough of this game. It's so awesome, I would pay more money for it. And I already bought it! Of course, once it's more polished I am getting more copies for friends (I have some of those).

A++

8. Evito Apprentice Engineer

I'll be brief but don't take that for being ungrateful. THANK YOU!

EDIT: Ok not that brief, dudes there is no darn Max speed in space besides the need for radiation shielding. Infact a bigger object can more readily handle an equilevant amount of radshielding required for a given speed. What we need to focus on is proper acceleration differences between them!

9. Kamoba Senior Engineer

What's a friend?...

10. hrdrok Apprentice Engineer

Outstanding! Each update gets better and bettet!

11. Kamoba Senior Engineer

That's why I disagree with thrusters being useable inside a space ship... And that they should damage blocks...
    This helps keep designs based on acceleration a little bit more challanging

12. [POR]Shoterxx Apprentice Engineer

Great update as always, but IMO I preferred the older jetpack version for building, this one isn't as great for precision.

13. Celty Trainee Engineer

you stop = your engines stop....
    You misunderstood me i think.

14. Kamoba Senior Engineer

Again, seconded..

I don't mind the movements it's the acceleration rate...

15. Stonewolf Junior Engineer

If i understood this correct i can now build 4 ships at ones. Just separate them once ready... test time. :cool:

We have entered the manufacturing era.

A++ update!

16. Kamoba Senior Engineer

And a bunch of lazy buggers are requesting an auto build when we have people like you!
    Genius!

17. Kesse Trainee Engineer

Damn i'm at work for 4 more hours =(

18. Resin Glazed Donut Trainee Engineer

Awesome! Wish the symmetry thing came out before I started to build the other side of my huge ship!

19. kopd Trainee Engineer

Yay! This will make it so much easier to finish up that full scale Hyperion cruiser I've been working on. :)

20. rhine SE Wiki Owner

Awesome update! Added to the wiki :)

21. TokeCity Trainee Engineer

stop asking for multiplayer and enjoy these magnificent updates!

22. Kamoba Senior Engineer

What he said.

Not that I've said this multiple times already ;)

23. Ondrej.Petrzilka Developer

About the speeds:
    Max speed 104 m/s is not final.

Do you have any suggestions how to make it both realistic and fun to play?
    a) Limiting jetpack speed is not good, because you should be able to catch up with ship when you exit during flying
    b) Low jetpack acceleration is not good either, it would make building harder (lower precision, more time spent accelerating and stopping)

All ideas are welcome!

24. fedorious Trainee Engineer

I agree with this. Frame of reference still needs to be taken into account somehow. Your jetpack's max speed should not be limited, or if it is, it should be set relative to the objects around you. From a programming standpoint I'm not sure how to accomplish this! Good luck developers!!

25. GalaxyMeridian Apprentice Engineer

Brilliant update - great work!

26. Dackstrus Trainee Engineer

I have a request for the next patch, although each time you patch i get really excited just to play for a bit.

However, request is, when in creative mode, the repair tool, when clicked in creative mode will fix any block you click on. Letting us fix up things without having to rip up the floor everytime we land slightly harder then intended.

27. God_space Trainee Engineer

Good update :thumb:

28. sk4t4nic Trainee Engineer

So many great tools for creating massive ships. I remember my first huge station I built I did like I was playing minecraft. It was sooooo tedious then I came on the forum and discovered ctrl drag and ctrl shift drag. Now a symmetry mode and optimization!!! Imagine the scope of what people will build now.. Im scared to check the workshop in the coming days because of the sheer awesomeness and size of the ships!! :eek

29. crazyrobban Apprentice Engineer

That is one awesome update!
    Great work!

30. kopd Trainee Engineer

??!!

I wish I'd known about that a couple weeks ago. Might have saved me hours. *facepalm*

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.