Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.007 - Beacon block and copy/paste/delete

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. ataxdude Trainee Engineer

YEAH!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO lets do dis!

2. gh0st Apprentice Engineer

Thank you so much.

I had planed to actually go outside today, but then this gets dropped on me. The copy and past function is a fantastic creative mode feature. However, I would like to be able to export and import ships via in game menu.

Keep up the great work guys.

3. stallfish Trainee Engineer

Ctrl+C,V (copy\pste) nice feature...thx DEV-team for this :)

4. Radma Kanow Apprentice Engineer

Someone here can read thoughts, really. Yesterday I lost a ship due to crash test. My thoughts - would be cool to have some homing device that would show position of your units. Even today when coming home I was thinking about that. I log in to see what? BEACONS!

Well played.

Now - give us ability to NAME those beacons so we wouldn't have to think which vessel is where. Pretty please with a cherry on a top.

5. Kamoba Senior Engineer

Patience grass hopper ;)

6. Stonewolf Junior Engineer

Awesome!

7. ThisIsDelicious Trainee Engineer

Sick update! But, this basically allows you to launch projectiles at whatever speed you can move your mouse? That kinda seems like you're playing as some kind of superpowered mind-controlling wizard or something, and would be really annoying in multiplayer. Perhaps a good idea would be to greatly limit the speed at which you can 'throw' things?

Otherwise, love the updates and how you guys make videos demonstrating the new features every time. Keep it up!

8. AustinVT Trainee Engineer

Out come the centrifuge cannons.

9. Evito Apprentice Engineer

Link to the changelog doesnt work on steam news.

Reckon you'd want to know that.

10. Cepreus Trainee Engineer

I love you guys, each update better than previous!))

11. Kamoba Senior Engineer

It won't be in MP, it's a creative mode update ;)

12. GalaxyMeridian Apprentice Engineer

Great work with the new features!
    They seem to be working perfectly.:)

When we are able to weld these 'copy-and-paste' parts together, the task of building large space-stations will be drastically simplified.
    Just like in real engineering - if you can re-use modules which have been proven to be functional and durable, there's no reason to re-invent them from scratch.

13. Dackstrus Trainee Engineer

You guys, Stop adding such amazingly awesome things.

Question about Copypasta, Can we use this between worlds? If not, Could we get that?

Maybe make the actually template it's placing go onto a clipboard that isn't bound to the world itself?
    Meaning coding wise, the part it's copying the ship to is not connected to the world, but it's own seperate thing.

14. esd Trainee Engineer

Or being able to load/save the clipboard contents as a model file for later use (like KSP's subassemblies function)?

15. akuseru Trainee Engineer

It works ;)

Clean work, dev team :)

16. Gentry Senior Engineer

holy crap you're right.

That is an awesome ability to copy and paste things between saves.

17. Shroudeye Trainee Engineer

Awesome update! Most importantly the interior light bug has been fixed, YEEHAA!

18. akuseru Trainee Engineer

Things in creative mode will be faster and faster. Want to delete a big part of a ship ? No more need to delete it, block after block : cut it in parts and just delete (ctrl+x) those you doesn't want.

edit : even the symmetries are kept :)

19. Stoner Apprentice Engineer

I like it!!! That copy/paste will be handy

20. Sanya Trainee Engineer

Awesome I'll try it later Keep bringing performance fixes please! Each update my fps gets a bit better

21. zoldos Trainee Engineer

Right on! It's not going on sale any time soon is it? :)

22. ThePaladin Trainee Engineer

Beacons are enjoyable. I can't wait to see how they are implemented in multiplayer or for weapons (manual tracking vs unbeaconed ships vs auto targeting against beacons) or if that's even how that will work. Anyway great work, you always have something cool and new to play with.

23. IdiotKnight Trainee Engineer

See, I get to work and check the forum to see if there was an update, and you guys now are making me want to leave. I love/hate you guys, now it is 8 hours till I get to play with new toys.

24. ThisIsDelicious Trainee Engineer

You're right.. I totally didn't read that part..
    Thanks!

25. DRAGONOFTRUTH Trainee Engineer

Dis, I like dis.
    I am holding myself off from playing until we have moar so then it would be like im playing a whole new game. #Whoa. (Ps, a lot of things from Miner wars can easily be implemented into space engineers but its done in stages to easily identify bugs. Im 82% sure that devs have already tested fuel, weapons, and other things that were already in miner wars)
    Anywayz awesome

26. Freelancer Trainee Engineer

I can't still believe how fast the game developing has been going on. It just seems that there's weekly updates and the community loves this.

27. FloatWave Trainee Engineer

Really awesome guys! I am so much excited for 1.008 :thumb:

28. Ludantes Trainee Engineer

NICE! Keep going!

29. Adeptus Astartes Trainee Engineer

How lonv do we have to wait for the survival mode ?? Iam so exited about it :-D:-D:-D:-D

30. MasterKane Trainee Engineer

So, now we have basic navigation with beacon. As to copy/paste mode, I see its current primary usage as ship exchanger between worlds, since:
    1. There is no block selection ability - copy works only on entire ship.
    2. There is no way I know of to join copied object onto existing construction.
    Most probably, the clipboard feature itself is a platform for future extensions - since data copying mechanism is here, corresponding editorial tools is probably not too far away. Also, default key mapping has a collision: using line placement (ctrl) when jetpacking down (c) results in copy command, which is not very convenient.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.