Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.016 - Heavy armor

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Ondrej.Petrzilka, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ondrej.Petrzilka Developer

Update 01.016.003 has been released. We've fixed many multiplayer issues and added the heavy armor. Damage done by the bullets will be reduced in the upcoming updates.
    There's one possible slowdown fix, but we cannot confirm it at this time.

Features

- heavy armor

Fixes
    - improved multiplayer performance
    - reduced multiplayer explosion lags
    - reduced multiplayer gatling lags
    - reduced multiplayer destruction lags
    - fixed performance issues caused by character
    - fixed crash during building
    - fixed crash when joining the game failed
    - fixed unbreakable objects

Update 01.016.006
    Fixes
    - fixed crash when loading list of worlds
    - fixed crash in character rendering
    - improved multiplayer performance even more
    - fixed character kickback force issue in multiplayer

NOTE:
    We wanted to note that the heavy armor's strength isn't much different than the light armor at the moment. This of course will change in the following update and heavy and light armor will differ as they should.

2. Adeptus Astartes Trainee Engineer

Change log finally :-D
    that update fixed that slow down issue particually for me. Now I can play the game again thy devs :-*

3. mazaraz Trainee Engineer

Sweet!!

4. Balkor Wolf Trainee Engineer

Can confirm for my games that I'm no longer experiencing the slowdown since this latest patch. Thank you devs for getting this fixed in a reasonable time, greatly appreciate it!

5. Spiritbw Apprentice Engineer

Heavy armour and the bullets getting tweaked in future. Things are going to get interesting now.

6. piddlefoot Senior Engineer

Lovely colours on the heavy armour blocks, camo they are, look great.

Converted a Narn Heavy cruise with SETOOLBOX [ a great little program ] from light to heavy blocks, SEToolbox worked perfectly and the Narn ship now has CAMO paint scheme !

Slow motion bug has gone for now also, the FPS is still about the same on the Babylon 5 station, it is 1100m long, a frame on Babylon 4 station is 750m long and the FPS is about the same also.

Nice job on the update, my misses and I thank you !

7. Ajuha Trainee Engineer

Made an account just to post this, but I believe they patched it so that it doesn't graphically load everything in the map that you aren't looking at. I seem to get "loading lag" while spinning my camera around quickly with multiple objects around me. Not exactly game breaking but it really kills any sort of immersion in the game though.

8. Lord Commissar Junior Engineer

slowdown bug seems to be gone for me as well. however, i did experience worse FPS. i lowered my resolution a bit and now the game is playable, but it does leave me a bit concerned about future updates.

still, i can now take the time to do more than just renovating ships and building corvettes, so i'm happy

9. K^2 Apprentice Engineer

Seems like "inert" ships are still affected by the slowdown. But at least, it's gone for the "active" ships.

10. Caesar15 Apprentice Engineer

Now if only I could hear the actual sounds...Other than that, good job!

11. Takashimaru Trainee Engineer

Well I don't know about everyone else but my sound worked better when I changed my sound setup from 5.1 to 2.1 speaker setup, try that it might help.

12. crazyrobban Apprentice Engineer

Great update!
    Stability is #1, features can come later.
    I too would also like support for surround sound, since I can't change my G930 headset to use Stereo rather than 5.1, so the only sounds I get are either from GUI or when something happens to my left and right.

13. Amancalledme Apprentice Engineer

Thank you all, wonderful devs!

I played a dogfight against my friend yesterday (with our own ships), and there was no lag, you are wonderful! thankyou!

14. George.Mamakos Apprentice Engineer

Update 01.016.006
    Fixes
    - fixed crash when loading list of worlds
    - fixed crash in character rendering
    - improved multiplayer performance even more
    - fixed character kickback force issue in multiplayer

15. vasvadum Apprentice Engineer

I've noticed 2 heavy armor blocks do not work with the ship build helping tool (forgot it's name, pfft) where you have the blue, red, and green walls to copy blocks around when you place them. 1 is the corner block, which is abut 1/8th of a block, and the other is the edge block, the half block.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/VasVadum/screenshot/3317200789798714172 - Edge block retains orientation on all sides,
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/VasVadum/screenshot/3317200789798717407 - the corner block seems to make mistakes on 2 areas of orientation, I placed the right corner and the blocks to the left and right of that one had odd placements.
    Just letting you know, I didn't try the blue grid so I don't know if there are any other orientation issues.

I think the heavy blocks should have a more heavy armor look to them, rather than a camo look by the way, but that's just my opinion.

16. lucadena Apprentice Engineer

GOOD JOB on missile damage. now it is less devastating

17. ataxdude Trainee Engineer

cool cant wait to see the possibility of faster fps

18. TodesRitter Moderator

19. Valdemar |FIN| Junior Engineer

It seems that you added an additional access hatch behind the cockpit. Though I don't know if it was on this update.

20. OracleTX Apprentice Engineer

I also noticed that the symmetry building does not work right on the corner and edge pieces with heavy armor.

Also I did a little testing to see how well it handles damage, and it looks like it took worse damage from rockets than the light armor.

21. propagandawar Apprentice Engineer

Had a blast after the update yesterday! me a some buds worked on ships blew each other up and had a blast!

22. Carthbet Trainee Engineer

Cheers guys for unlocking it. I am hoping you still will work on optimizing it. Let me explain.

Small Heavy armor block weights 199.9kg where small light armor block 200kg.

Big Heavy armor block weights 3000kg and Big light armor block 550kg. Problem is with durability of it. It is only slightly improved than light armor but almost 5.5 times heavier. I don't know if that is what you planned guys. Don't get me wrong. I am not bragging. Just thought of putting it over here.

Anyways still BIG THX for it guys.

23. Stonewolf Junior Engineer

Not sure if this was on this update, (not mentioned on the list) I just noticed it today. I love, love, love the container and player inventory limit. Very challenging now to move cargo around and try to fit everything :thumb:Oh yea heavy armor is good too :cool:

Another A++ update.

24. Bobylein Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for the update!

just 3 small things I noticed so far small heavy armor blocks are lighter than light armor blocks but they are indestructible by gattlings, the big heavy armor blocks seem to be as durable as the light ones and both get destroyed by gatling guns but you already said it will be tweaked, so I am looking forward to it! :)

25. greenguy71709 Trainee Engineer

First of all, always excited to see another patch and more content. That being said did light armor lose mass as a result of this update? All of my mining vessels suddenly have a lot more shake. Do I need to rebuild all of them with heavy armor, or is the result of some other adjustment? It takes quite a few thrusters and or mass to counteract the movement induced by the drilling apparatus. The more significant this shake becomes, the more difficult it is to build small, viable mining vessels, especially ones with visual appeal. Please take this into consideration moving forward.

26. Tallenvor Trainee Engineer

Absolutely lovely look to the new armor.
    Keep up the good work!

27. Jikanta Apprentice Engineer

greenguy71709: Light Armor blocks have not changed so far. But the Small Cockpit went up in weight from 20kg to 635kg. The Large cockpit still at 484kg. O.o
    Hey when did the door on the back of the small cockpit start working? Yay!

28. extraammo Senior Engineer

The large cockpit is just a chair with screens after all.

29. Tufst1.1 Trainee Engineer

Anyone else stuck on .003 still. My SE doesn't seem to want to update to .006 for some reason (I went and tried validating files still nothing). :'(

30. greenguy71709 Trainee Engineer

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what caused the change then. It's just kind of a bummer because I was hoping to do some serious asteroid reshaping. Some of it you can do with missiles, but they leave concave shapes and don't do small adjustments very well. Additionally, if for example I'm looking to hollow an asteroid out my entry point has to grow in diameter as my mining tools increase in size. Ok, yes, we could build the ship inside the asteroid or copy pasta but that's not going to be viable outside of creative mode.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.