Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.017 - Multiplayer chat, Heavy Armor, Ammo models & items

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Nailbomb83 Trainee Engineer

Afte the last Update the unfinished Blue Ship (Scenario 2) is now build of light armor.

2. Jakejud Apprentice Engineer

Maybe that means they are cleaning out the old construction process models? That would be alright, I havent checked the files. If its true, mayyyyybeee we will get manual building soon!
    I can dream cant I?:D

3. anybodysguess Apprentice Engineer

In the video world options had manual mode! 0.0

4. Reniu87 Trainee Engineer

Hey guys!! When will there be next update? i CANT WAIT!

Whats going to be new in new update? What are you up to? ;>

5. Astrobug Trainee Engineer

I've worked on game development before and I can appreciate the complexity involved in a lot of these things. That being said, removing ladders completely is a horrible move. Space Engineers is first and foremost a sandbox game, and thrives on providing players with a set of tools to design and create within the game. What the last patch accomplished was REMOVING from the players a preexisting tool that filled a very specific niche. Ladders saved a great deal on space and provided far more options when building compact structures, as would likely be the case when designing starships and the like.

6. TheLightLOD Trainee Engineer

Been having a multiplayer match with a friend of mine yesterday, and there were some interesting results.

It happened again that i got stuck in position at some point, so i could only rotate my camera but not move it. Before that actually happened though a spacecraft i stepped into was unable to fire it's gattlings, but the missiles still worked. later when i was secondary pilot in a fighter that only had gattlings the gattlings did work. Now i think you could say it was me by not saving, i did save before destruction madness began(my friend had built a nice map with an airfield, some WWII bombers/fighters and a zeppelin that we ended up destroying), where i didn't want to save after destruction started to prevent losing the beautiful world(a world backup feature might be nice perhaps?).

Anyway the point i was going at was that my charachter was stuck in position even after leaving that map and loading up a map different of my own....

The seccond thing i notices was that huge ships colliding fails, i know the game is beta and the collision system is amazing already but not optimal enough for huge ships ;)
    Imagine two of these ships http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=221431020 collide, this was the result: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595901984334035900/C6426DFAF63BB16B985C9CAE08F732AEC6B18075/1024x576.resizedimage

Also it seems the chat is running on the physics thread(see the screenshot), it fails(locally) to pick up half the typed charachters :woot:

7. Wammbo Trainee Engineer

good update, it was time for the multiplayer.

it's possible to save Performance, if you Change the ladder to a texture maybe?

8. TheEpicKiller33 Trainee Engineer

Can you add shields for space stations and ship that woud be cool

9. trekfan42 Trainee Engineer

THIS!!! shield generator would be epic! could work exactly like the gravity generator. it could have a field range and the more you put the stronger it is. but the power balance would have to be so that it would drain tons of energy

10. Jakejud Apprentice Engineer

check out the suggestion threads..... I wouldn't count on it.

11. freshmango55 Apprentice Engineer

Any predictions for the next update?

12. bobhendly Apprentice Engineer

I predict manual mode.

13. DocTanner Junior Engineer

With the number of bugs needed to be resolved in multiplayer, I wouldn't hold your breath for anything other than bug fixes.

14. StuffYouFear Apprentice Engineer

Humm Im with bob, predicting manual mode
    If anything Id like to see conveyers functional and needed.
    But honestly we still have a highly functonal game with only people that are crying are people that cant belive their deathstar lags on a less than above average rig. Do yall honestly think some of the carriers your prefabing will have enough materials in system to even build one?

15. freshmango55 Apprentice Engineer

A single person is going to have a hell of a time building a large battlecruiser size ship, I wouldn't even bother by myself. If your in a faction however you can get it done.

16. OrangeAaron Apprentice Engineer

This is the longest it's ever gone without a pass, it's almost been two weeks... I'm worried
    :(

17. AstTheCat Trainee Engineer

Don't be worried mate. Hopefully this means there's something bigger coming than usual

18. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

19. Szakal Trainee Engineer

@up: Yeah, I am checking every hour or so ^^

20. TheDude1972 Trainee Engineer

LOL!!! But so true :p

Steam reports that the last devupdate was: <table style="max-width: 100%; border-spacing: 0px; width: 939px; margin-bottom: 20px; font-size: 12px; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-color: #dddddd; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; color: #333333; font-family: &#39;Segoe UI&#39;, Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 20px;" class="table table-bordered table-hover"><tbody><tr><td style="padding: 8px; vertical-align: top; border-top-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-top-color: #dddddd; border-left-width: 1px; border-left-style: solid; border-left-color: #dddddd;">Last Record Update</td><td style="padding: 8px; vertical-align: top; border-top-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-top-color: #dddddd; border-left-width: 1px; border-left-style: solid; border-left-color: #dddddd;">11 minutes ago (February 17, 2014 – 13:58:26 UTC)</td></tr></tbody></table>

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.