Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.019 - Player's name tag, Disable headbob, Synchronization of inventory in Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Kosnark Trainee Engineer

Kudos to the Dev team! You guys are awesome and I am so appreciative for the reply to my request and the tentative next update timeline that you awesomely made happen. SE Alpha best steam early access experience so far by quite a bit.

2. sintri Trainee Engineer

Jetpack whining is annoying as hell, pretty much turned off sounds completely after the first 20 seconds. A subtle blowing sound would've been ton better than a constant pitch whine. Plus was wondering what was blowing up for the first 20 seconds till I realize it was my jetpack activating, that too is a bit too much.

Yes, I did register just to ask to have this changed. That's how much that sound annoys me, even off I can still hear it whining in my ears.

3. freshmango55 Apprentice Engineer

The jet pack doesn't bother me too much, the high pitch whining does a tad though.

4. crazyrobban Apprentice Engineer

And suddenly Monday wasn't all that bad.
    Thanks devs, you rock!

5. Captain Lackwit Trainee Engineer

Whoa, guys, what the hell?
    Okay okay, look. Seriously. I don't know what in the world you devs are doing to screw with the code and whatnot, but I literally cannot even get close to my ship that I've been working on the past couple of months.
    Thing is? I could work on it perfectly before. I had zero issues until recent updates. It actually started when the ladders were taken out, and each subsequent update has made the game even more difficult to play due to intense drops in game speed.
    What in the name of the nine divines are you people DOING over there!?

6. Neverathome Apprentice Engineer

Wel i like updates, but ya make everything respawn at startingpoint that is further away then 10000 meters,wel i have multiple ships now that merged together and hitting a asteroid at startingpoint for no reaseon causing major lag unplayble atm here is the map btw ya can see for ya self.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=231774572

7. vangrunz Apprentice Engineer

Hello. Nice Updates, but I can't access the small cargo containers in my station any more. I can see through the interface that my stuff is still there, though. The Terminal is still avaiable while inventory is not. There's no access overlay like on the door on the big containers.

Why are medium containers not useable by a station, but large and small do? This makes no sense.

Is it intended that on every load empty container have 30 items loaded? This means I can farm items by re-emptying every server/game restart.

Anyway, saving my games compressed seems to corrupt gameplay. I had, at previous update, many problems re-designing my ship using massively often CTRL+X, CTRL+C & CTRL+V whilst editing. Symmetry axes are shown right, but executed wrong (sometimes! not always!), eg. the line of one axis is displaced by a few rows. This only seemed to happen while Compression was enabled, so now I decided not to use it any more for risking my savegames or ships. A memory failure is very unlikely due to my ECC RAM.

Next update should be a big performance boost, especially for lighting system. Dropping fps to a single number on my AMD HD 7970 while only a few Reflectors/Spotlights are active, or using many interior lights, is very annoying. Especially the lighting system makes an imporant aura to Space Engineers. Furthermore, EVERY light seems to be rendered by the game, leaving the system to useless power consumption.

Maybe you'll get rid of the bug to build very large stations or ships/have many ships available without dropping fps to the cellar. Actually, designing Babylon V 1:5 is not really possible with 6 fps at all, even at the most worst graphic setting.

Keep up the good work!

8. legolasleblond Trainee Engineer

Bonjour ,suite a cette mise a jour j'ai du mal a joueur sur mon monde sa lag alors que avant la mise a jour c étais fluide vous avez modifier quoi pour que sa face sa????

9. Dequire Apprentice Engineer

Thank you so much for the lack of head bobbing. That is amazing. Now we just need chat logs that you can look through in-game and some form of ability to die and make peaceful creations invulnerable, or to disable weapons in certain areas.

10. vangrunz Apprentice Engineer

You can disable weapons at all when you create a new game, or even alter it. Disabling weapons at an area within a map sound weird. It's not minecraft where you can disable monster spawn area-wise :woot:

11. TheRealBeandip Trainee Engineer

A ship built right next to spawn that we have been working on for months is now just blowing up to the point where its so laggy I cant even move after I spawn in. I just kind of see it (or whats left of it) glitching out and exploding everywhere. How do I fix this? Also parts of ships that got sent off into space ages ago due to explosions are now flying into stuff next to spawn and exploding. Is all of this work now nothing because of the update? I just finished fixing that this world was a corrupt save and we managed to get more work done on it. But this doesnt look fixable. I hope to find out different though. If you guys would like the save file to take a look at it I would be more than happy to give it to you.

12. midspace Senior Engineer

The headbob was disconcerting when you're just floating there in space not even moving, but the view kept moving up and down.

Now if we can do something about the hiding the cross hairs when you have nothing selected?

13. midspace Senior Engineer

Like we don't have enough keys to press already?
    Couldn't we have a paged view, with either the mouse wheel and/or PageUp PageDown to scroll through pages?

14. odji_mshai Trainee Engineer

im having an issue with my tools
    when i spawned in i had them (grinder, assault rifle, mining tool, welder)
    and after a while they just seemed to disappear they arent in my inventory anymore
    so i checked the assembler to see if i can make them and the only one i cant make is the mining tool
    (the only one i need)
    anyone have a fix for this?

also i cant access the small cargo container anymore
    the large one still works fine
    i dont know what the medium one goes on because it always says its unavailable for big ships/stations

edit 2:

i found i have the tools but when i drag them to the toolbar noting happens no item appeared i couldnt mine etc
    but for the grinder and welder the same thing happened nothing showed up but it said this tool was disabled like it used to

15. freshmango55 Apprentice Engineer

Indeed, this update has bugged out a few of my better ships and they are now gone.

16. CrAzzYmrBC Trainee Engineer

Thank you!!!! that's what i wanted to know! awesome update:)

17. ozarkamax Junior Engineer

just recently bought this game before this latest patch. just some 4k resolution input. I had pretty good fps up until this patch. might allow us to change the games draw distance for machines on high resolutions.

18. Captain Lackwit Trainee Engineer

I don't wanna' be a dick but it seems like the latest updates haven't made everyone happy, devs. Any plans to address these issues?
    Particularly the crazy framerate issues? (Still wantin' those ladders back m'self though.)

19. ripptide Trainee Engineer

You can still access the small cargo container, but now you have to aim at the small blue control panel instead of the large previous hatch hotspot.

Cheers

20. ripptide Trainee Engineer

I believe this was a temporary solution for modders midspace, who have run out of space for testing and such, and therefore not been releasing stuff. They have been working on reworking the UI from what I understand.

Cheers

21. Cheridan Trainee Engineer

The walking and running sound effects are nice, but they seem very unsynchronized with the actual animation. For every step taken, the sound plays ~2-3 times.

22. Drui Keen Update Guy Staff

We are researching all bugs you've encountered, some are already being adressed in our internal build.
    !!! Whatever you've encountered, do not save that world !!! and it may be fine after next patch
    If you encounter bug, start one thread per bug in the bug-parts of the forum. And always add your logs and your saved world if possible.
    Yelling on forums gets you nowhere if you do not get us the most important info (logs, world) :)
    Thank you for your understanding.

23. vangrunz Apprentice Engineer

That's useless because you can't interact with its inventory. It's just a console currently every technical device has, used to interact with the ship/station. See also:

http://forums.keenswh.com/post/small-cargo-container-bugs-6777710

24. George.Mamakos Apprentice Engineer

Update 01.019.012 added
    - fixed shadow not rendered bug
    - fixed teleporting ship in distance larger than 10 km from center
    - fixed small cargo container inventory highlight

25. Astrus Trainee Engineer

Thank you! Thank you so much! In particularly complex construction this was making me motion sick. Hopefully now it'll happen to a lesser degree :angel:

26. legolasleblond Trainee Engineer

toujours un problème de fps j’étais a plus de 60 fps dans mon vaisseau maintenant je suis même pas a 4 fps sa lag a mort

27. Thunderbolt Trainee Engineer

Wow that was quick, thanks for the teleport hotfix guys!

28. freshmango55 Apprentice Engineer

Thanks for the teleport fix, 2 of my best ships were spiraling around the map.

29. Neverathome Apprentice Engineer

Thx for the fixes :thumb: i was realy scared my progres was lost forever :) glad i didnt save the map ;)

30. fedristhered Trainee Engineer

My ships have returned - all is as it was when all was well.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.