Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.034 - Space suit color selection, large ship drills, spectator mode

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Volfram Senior Engineer

Again. They didn't "break" multiplayer, it was never fixed, it's just switching between two equivalent states of broken. They simply chose to revert to the broken state which was better understood. Just as many complaints were received about multiplayer for patch 1.033 as for the 1.034 revert, the difference is this time you are one of them, so you actually noticed it. In fact one of the comments I saw on the 1.033 multiplayer actually disparaged KSH, saying it shouldn't be possible to have multiplayer that was that badly broken without actively working for it.

But yes, they are actively working on making a version of netcode that works for everybody, instead of having two that work for portions of the userbase with no overlap, and I'm eagerly looking forward to the results.

What's the fun in that? ;]
    Besides not lagging everybody out with the massive processing overhead, anyway.

2. eMYNOCK Trainee Engineer

@Volfram

I never said that they broke the MP Code... i know that it isn't finished in any state we know... but i guess you can understand my "frustration" if we change from *almost working* to *unplayable* and back to *something we understand but don't know how to get it stable*

Don't think i'm crying or whining about our beloved alpha state game ^^ i love it but in fact i'm whining 'bout the toolbar...

gimme back my toolbar, i want to create stuff! :bawl:

3. Yliax Trainee Engineer

Honestly the 1.033 code worked so much better for my friends and I. The lag when trying to cut apart a moving ship was pretty much gone and we were able to play a lot smoother. Going back to the old code brought back the lag for anyone not playing locally. It is near impossible to cut specific blocks on a moving craft now which is the biggest multiplayer gripe we've had. We understand it isn't finished and 1.034 added a lot of bugs for us that weren't in 1.033 most notably for us is not being able to use more than one block on the hotbar and ore falling through asteroids. I am really enjoying the additions with 1.034 though. Overall I really enjoy playing the game with my friends and have had a great time with some large group projects.

4. Volfram Senior Engineer

Yeah, that occurred to me half way through my post, which is why the tone also changed half way through the post.

People have disproportionately said "OMGWTF 1.033 Multiplayer was perfect, why did you ruin it?" enough that I might be jumping at shadows at this point...

Apologies.

5. H3xx Trainee Engineer

So Today is patchmas! I'm hoping for Sliding Rails, Controll/power transfered through Rotors, And Scalable Gmenu for mods. I've been a good boy all week! :D

6. eMYNOCK Trainee Engineer

Yeah.. me too... i've visited my son every day... so.. gimme my toolbar :D

7. DemonFiren Apprentice Engineer

I just want the slider bar hell to end.

8. Drunken_doc Apprentice Engineer

I want simple bugs to not escape, like the light bars and the goddamn toolbar glitch.

9. dragonslife Apprentice Engineer

Today is patchmas, I think we're going to get a finished game today :D

10. Martinineter Senior Engineer

They see me rolling, they waiting! I'm really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really hoping for sliding rails.

Rails FTW!

11. Replic TuaniOne Apprentice Engineer

No, rails won't come.

Rotors that transfer energy will come, with multiplayer fix and some other small updates, not to much I think

12. Drunken_doc Apprentice Engineer

I must commend you sir, on an excellent sense of humour.

13. KHAN. Trainee Engineer

oh i cant wait for the patch today......hope it comes soon

14. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Mr. Buzzkill.....

15. mattryan72 Apprentice Engineer

I'm showing .035 - Power over rotors, improved landing gears & more.

No YouTube video or forum post but its .035 on steam.

16. SpacedDangerDan Trainee Engineer

Same here.. Was playing, and actually had a dialog box come up addvising me a update was available-Yay! I quit out to check steam.... no update, no You tube video, no forum post. DOH. I want to know what the new world options are!

17. ykvr Trainee Engineer

Look at the main menu guys!!!!

18. mattryan72 Apprentice Engineer

I did, hence the summary "Power over rotors, improved landing gears & more".
    But as you have pointed out it's still showing the .034 build version in the bottom right corner....

At least we now know what's coming.

19. Communist Penguin Apprentice Engineer

i just tested the rotors and there's no power flow at least in stations, so ya i guess the update isn't actually out yet
    just the change log is out.

20. Replic TuaniOne Apprentice Engineer

The f5 pressing game has begun, also looking at my second screen for space engineers to update.

Priority update, engaged

21. onmyflow Trainee Engineer

You'll see when steam is downloading something, that you'll get the new version !!!!

22. Divercity Trainee Engineer

News section in game is already showing the update info ;)

23. DemonFiren Apprentice Engineer

Hm. No, I'm not waiting for this.

Dinner time. It's not gonna go anywhere.

24. TheEnd Trainee Engineer

Commercial:
    Are your fingers constantly pressing F5? Do they hurt? Well ,d o NOT make them do so. Introdusing the revolutonary ultimate auto refresh!
    http://www.refreshthis.com/
    Pick a site , in this case the change log forum and just set a time for refreshing.
    Easy , efficient , good

25. kopd Trainee Engineer

That's why I have an RSS plugin for my browser. When the new post goes up, I get notified.

26. captainbinary Trainee Engineer

And if everyone done this, it would cause so much traffic for the site. Not exactly efficient. (Only if people set the refresh rate to a stupid interval mind you, 2 mins would be fine) Just be patient. Its usually not out till 6pm gmt time, and its not that yet.

27. Martinineter Senior Engineer

This is damn awesome. BTW, you can change the interval in the url of you want at the frequency selection is quite limited...

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.