Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.038 - steering wheels, wheel controls

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

2. gazeebo Apprentice Engineer

Without watching anything or reading anything, all I saw was this : - new inventory filter (hide empty inventories)
    :thumb:

3. HitryiPryanik Apprentice Engineer

Hm. Interesting, but I would prefer joints and keybinding instead prebuilt parts

4. Daniele Ruberto Trainee Engineer

...Buttons, CmdBlock, Atmosphere...(like the gravgen ), shotcuts for inshipmode... that do we need...

pls add something like this. not Steeringwheels for Space :p? wtf this is something for the last thing that we need... omg.. wheels for space is so unles :woot: but funny

and

Good Work @ SE Team

5. Voyager_sput Trainee Engineer

Eeh, check out the YouTube movie, at 2:40 it shows some new Advanced options including: "Clients can save". Isn't that exactly what you wanted? Haven't tested it though...

Superb update Keen :)

Edit: Oh wait, you mean you can't set that option in a dedicated multiplayer game?

6. Kielm Junior Engineer

Meh.

Gotta have some filler material between the big updates I guess!

7. Jananton Trainee Engineer

Only playing this game for less then two weeks and already two updates further. :cool:

I can only say kudos guys, yet even more to try out for a budding newbie. :thumb:

Greets, from sunny Amsterdam,

Jan

8. Incorporeality Trainee Engineer

Eh...

Those turning wheels would have been much nicer if they were just a part without the wheel and then you could stick ANYTHING on them. Would have been great for robots for instance. Can you delete the wheel off it, or stick something on the other side of the wheel?

And as many others have said, netcode optimization should be top priority. It's been quite a while, even if you are completely rewriting netcode. It's painfully bad right now; put aside all the lag and whatnot, which will probably never really get fixed for anything more than a couple of players on a server, even basic things like turrets shooting people don't work (they don't do damage), rotors still don't work, that kind of thing.

9. Vgr Trainee Engineer

I agree that optimization is needed, but while waiting, now this update is pretty damn good. I prefer constant, small releases than occasional, big ones. Keep on Keen!

10. Kobura Trainee Engineer

I'm not sure how useful Antenna with this being their current function, but I'm wondering if the developers have an idea I don't.

Wheels I haven't used much at all yet, I rather enjoy the 6dof uniqueness that SpaceE offers.

INVENTORY SEARCH YAAAAS

Major feature request involving factions!! Something I ran into last night when doing large construction work along with a friend! Ability to set default state of blocks constructed with your ownership tag!! Having to manually unlock *EVERYTHING* as I made it was a huge pain in the neck! I can understand defaulting to "No Share" being safest, but we ran into serious issues when doing collaborative construction, being unable to use a large number of things...

11. bummer6 Trainee Engineer

Now we just need joints... kinda like 90 degree rotors.

12. paeron24 Trainee Engineer

The rate you guys are posting updates, and the general quality and usefulness of the new features being implemented is astounding. Keep up the good work gentlemen!

13. mhalpern Senior Engineer

I believe you can add stuff to the wheel just like you can with normal wheels, noticed a glance of that when they showed the size comparisons, i can see them as fluid player controlled turrets that may be less finicky then gyroscope based designs maybe

14. RayvenQ Moderator

Wheels are kind of buggy as hell right now too.

I don't quite think this is what they had in mind with them

[​IMG]

Alo no more regular wheels? Well, that sucks.

15. mhalpern Senior Engineer

thats why the astronaught has higher top speed... why would you leave the ship moving at a decent speed before turning on the dampaners though, that is if you dont intentionally want to loose it by say impacting another ship? better to just get in the habbit of doing it yourself then have the devs add something so pointless

16. Titus Veridius Trainee Engineer

Your comment is to point out that there are more important things to be working on, and yet you list some of the least important features to make multi-player playable/persistent.

- turret behavior (unsure how much of this was fixed in current patch)
    - name tags
    - auto re spawn on disconnect
    - navigation system

17. extraammo Senior Engineer

How do the wheels know which direction to turn?

18. WereBottle Apprentice Engineer

Yeah, but that's about it.

Ah well, at least now we can have space trucks!

19. eyedentify Trainee Engineer

How about showing some respect for the devs instead of being rude and shouting out like a ignorent kid... ????
    ThereĀ“s allways one of you in a crowd... you make me sick.

20. Wanderduene Apprentice Engineer

Awwwwwwweeeeeesome!!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

21. Senior_RedshirT Trainee Engineer

I had to watch the video again to see what you are talking about.
    http://i.imgur.com/m9L7fP0.jpg

If this function really works, I will fully admit my mistake. It was not however mentioned expressly in the patch notes

ETA: just checked with a friend in game, that option is not available for dedicated server admins

22. Ericius11 Apprentice Engineer

Inventory searching alone was enough of an update. I cannot even begin to describe how awesome that is!!!!!

And steerable wheels? That's just icing on the cake. I havn't touched wheels too much because real cars have been too much of a hassle before now. But with this update, I can't wait to go home and build a few fork lifts, transport vehicles, etc. Woohoo!

Coding, my friend... Lot's of coding. Although it works on the same basic principle as thrusters. The direction of the cockpit determines the "front" of the vehicle.

23. K9K | KaMiKaZuU Trainee Engineer

Hide Empty = Best Button ever, my mousewheel thank you for that! ;):cool:

24. Draxis Trainee Engineer

Well, I wasn't crazy about car parts (I still want rails, pistons, and hinges) but I think that these parts could be useful. I suspect that the suspension piece will make it possible to create some interesting doors and elevator pieces. It would be amazing if these pieces could hold a door in place and a dedicated control console could open doors or something similar. I haven't been played SE in a bit and so I feel like I might finally be able to make a smooth sliding door design that isn't insanely large.

25. Tipiak Apprentice Engineer

Does this game became a race car only sandbox?!

And what is the meaning of hud display for blocks?

26. Sijin Trainee Engineer

It's an option in dedicated servers, haven't tested it yet so not sure if it's implemented.

Their position relative to the vehicle's center of gravity.

If this were forced on it would cause a lot of current mechanics to not work any longer. Having it as an option on thrusters would be a nice addition though, so those that wanted this behavior could toggle it.

27. AdventuringRobot Trainee Engineer

Woo steering wheels! time for An Armored car of justice!

28. John_Adams Apprentice Engineer

People really need to stop worrying about net code! As said above, and many times before, it's huge and will take a while to get right, unless you want another buggy and unstable release...

29. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

What a crazy fun update :crazy:...

30. nilloc93 Trainee Engineer

you have invented
    THE WHEEL!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.