Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.051 - Adding new asteroids in creative mode, Remote turret control

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

Regardless of whether his post is appropriate or not, having the Windows server run on linux (eg. under wine) is not the same thing as a true linux dedicated server.

I would also like to see a linux dedicated server. I understand why they don't have one (not enough people to justify it, too many distros, etc.). However until mods actually work properly, or at least provide logging/debugging support, I won't even bother with the Windows one.
    The mod I'm developing crashes the dedicated server immediately upon player logging in. I don't get any useful stack traces or anything that can otherwise help me solve the issue either. Yet it loads fine in the regular game, even MP.

EDIT: I was wrong, it's not at login, it crashes when placing a block.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
  2. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

You guys are really strange, its like you listen to us. Its like you care. We are so not worthy :)

3. HitryiPryanik Apprentice Engineer

Ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta!!!

I hope, that camera will have rotation too (and setting it back to straight position too)

4. Cycloptimus Prime Trainee Engineer

With a name like "Fab" I would consider your choice of insults before speaking.

5. mctroyd Trainee Engineer

Yay turret control! Thanks guys!!

6. Fab Apprentice Engineer

pppft LOL

7. MegaMiner Junior Engineer

It's always been there, it was in miner wars source when they started SE.

8. BrickVoid Trainee Engineer

There doesn't seem to be a lot of information on how the scrap metal works. Does it convert any kind of raw materials into steel ingots? If so this might be exploitable where Cargo Ships are concerned, as someone could walk up to a block or component that has useless metals and convert them into iron scrap that then gets turned into steel ingots once processed in a Refinery. If, for instance, damaging a battery block drops raw materials that make up batteries that go into such a block then that would be fine.

If it only affects the raw materials making up a block, or is limited only to a particular type of raw material, such as only the iron percentage that makes up a block is dropped, that's also fine. If it can allow the player to exchange any type of material, that would really change the way Survival mode is currently played.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

9. MiChAeLoKGB Junior Engineer

Well, I dont think you get same amout of iron from block if you destroy it, than you put to it. So in Survival its still easier to go and grind down enemy stations, or just destroy their medbays and use it as your station :D
    Also, iron is not that valuable item, so you wont get as much from destroying blocks. But still, you get at leas something, compared to previous nothing.

10. AtlantisThief Apprentice Engineer

I like the remote controlled turret feature. I recently tried to make a ship with a buddy and a player made turret while I was flying, it didn't work :(
    Also hoped a bit for survival blueprints, but the mod is probably what we will be getting and keeping + adding vanilla framework blueprints will cause a need of a bigger AoE welder as someone already suggested in the modding section.

On some points, I believe people of today distrust mods, while in my experience and earlier days, a mod was what you actually have been looking for.

11. Bolisaris Trainee Engineer

At last a way to put in asteroids, I have been waiting for this, just hope it works with created meshes too. I must try it out and see, I will post the result here!

Edit after testing.......

The answer is a big fat NO!. You cannot add your own modelled asteroids which is what we really needed, all that appears in the in-game list, is the default asteroids that came with the game, come on devs give us what we want not what you think we need. We WANT to be able to put in our own asteroid mesh creations and have them loaded with ore instead of having to keep using the brilliant SEToolBox (maybe you should hire the SEToolBox creator as a dev for the game if they are not already).

I was excited about this until I looked at what it does which is very little in the way of individuality, yes we can add asteroids now (if you are happy to stick with the default ones) but do not uninstall your copy of SEToolbox just yet, it is still needed.

12. gd119 Trainee Engineer

THK KEEN They finnally put something for creating a kind of "procedural generation", i've been waiting this for month!!! Just thank you so much, maybe some people don't care about the survival in this game and just want to fight but some people just want to take it easy and play in a quiet sandbox.

I respect a lot all of your upgrades but specially those concern "survival".

The next BIG WAITING for me it's ai but i know you guys working hard for adding this in an update so i'll wait and deal with asteroid generation :).

And again THK YOU!

13. FGB Trainee Engineer

Great job Keen! So glad i have rockets that i can fire without blowing the crap out of my ship lol! Keep up the good work!

14. Judgernaut Apprentice Engineer

I dont know why but now I am thinking the survival blueprints are going to be holograms with their own projector block that you need tyo build first before you can paste in the said blueprint. Or if the hologram is in the astronauts helmet HUD then its a databank for the hologram data. Once you have the projector/databank block in place, you can either paste a blueprint or start building without any materials, placing hologram blocks instead.

15. AdventuringRobot Trainee Engineer

Yes! Controllable turrets!

Another awesome update!

16. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

I just had rockets blow up my own ship while using this update. It's possible I was moving laterally, as my rockets were mounted near the rear.

17. OmEgA_StOrM Apprentice Engineer

Nice update

18. cantchoos Trainee Engineer

These guys are so pro and reliable with software updates. Product Manager + Developers + Adminstration must be organized as fuck.

19. [POR]Shoterxx Apprentice Engineer

Is it just me, or every other right mouse click duplicates? It's getting really annoying in creative...

20. Nigel Trainee Engineer

there is a bug in which if your velocity is high enough and you are facing a certain direction (without rotating), projectiles do not spawn in the correct position, causing them to collide with your ship and explode

21. Codebender Apprentice Engineer

I AM STARTING THE F5 PARTY EARLY....
    [​IMG]

22. Don Jacobs Junior Engineer

Think we'll get the Survival Blueprints this week? :p

23. Codebender Apprentice Engineer

hmmm...I don't know, it seems to me that it is still too early to release survival blueprints. (Of course, what do I know? :crazy:)

24. MiChAeLoKGB Junior Engineer

25. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

I know MiChAleLoKGB your happy I bet it's something you wanted. I for one don't care as long as it's an update :). But on a side note update tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
  26. MiChAeLoKGB Junior Engineer

Everybody wants bug fixing and stabilization. Just lots of peoples were like "well, its alpha, I cant ask them for bug fixes". But everybody wanted the bugs to be fixed. Maybe Ill finally start to play SE again.

27. JayCo2013 Apprentice Engineer

I want some stabilization and better syncing between players in multiplayer because quite often if my freidn or I host a game the other player is D-Sync'd badly.

28. Randomness Apprentice Engineer

Hmm... still pinned... I'm watching you Keen :)

29. Martinineter Senior Engineer

I'm unable to give the according f5 support today. May the f5orce be with you

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
  30. druppi Apprentice Engineer

Hip hip hooray :eek:crazy::love::thumb:

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.