Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Update 01.053 - Advanced rotor block, Sound modding

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by George.Mamakos, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
  2. Bad_Idea Apprentice Engineer

Wooooo!

3. Obnoxious_Gamer Trainee Engineer

No, it means landing gears, y'know... WORK....

4. THE_VB Junior Engineer

DEVS ADD INFO ON COMMUNITY MODS ADDITIONS TO THE GAME!
    We should know If you will oficially add community-base items to the game while you fix the bugs.

5. Dereknor Trainee Engineer

A bit sad about the feature freeze, but on the other side its great that they focus on bug fixing now! :)

6. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

Yeah!!
    This was suggested so many times, just happy to see it happen.

7. FGB Trainee Engineer

Thank you keen, deciding to go to bug fixes may not be as glamours as adding content. But it means allot to all of us, especially those who are or tried to host a server. Keep up the good work, this game is amazing.

8. ykvr Trainee Engineer

Bug fix is all i care right now. Thank you keen

9. Stoner Apprentice Engineer

Bug fixes and stability are always, ALWAYS welcome.

10. elch Apprentice Engineer

Best update ever!

11. Something Impressive Trainee Engineer

The_VB is correct; version control needs corresponding mod absorbtion information; not assuming Keen knows everything, but the fans want news, so they can remove mods from game saves.

Additional, per The_VB's recommendations:

-Life support systems incorporation (can be added after bugfix period) Consider this #3 priority, but with increased interest.

-Gravity Generator six axis definition (controlling all axes independently) Consider this #1 priority (gravity gun users and station bosses will love this).

-Server History tab (multiplayer connection history) Consider this #2 priority.

12. Bobylein Apprentice Engineer

So when will we be able to use rotors and pistons in multiplayer? and when will landing gears work in multiplayer? and what about survival blueprints? will they come the next weeks or months?

13. Mr Engineer Apprentice Engineer

I welcome the feature freeze. On one side its bad on the other it will mean more stability for us! Thanks Keen for another great update!

14. Jakejud Apprentice Engineer

-Cough-
    When its done, when its done, when its done, and .... when its done! yay welcome to alpha updates.

15. AtlantisThief Apprentice Engineer

Sound modding! Better-sound mod incomming?

16. Fingersniffer Apprentice Engineer

Can't fix rotor's in mp or dedicated...let's add another one... sigh

17. mrkarp Trainee Engineer

[SIZE= 9pt]Dear Keen,[/SIZE][SIZE= 9pt]

Thank you so much for bringing us this game, it's amazing, and is continuing to grow.[/SIZE]

Its nice to see that company will openly tell you that they are focusing on bugfixes rather than anything else, a lot of times its just a patch with bugfixes that we didn't know they existed. Its nice to see that you are paying attention to this, and that you are doing the right thing by slowing production, and speeding up usability, and over all bug fixes.

Thank you for continuing to impress me (and I'm sure a lot more) by not only releasing a game, but by updating on a said day, every week, and in general. I personally look forward to Thursdays.

Looking forward to greatness.

18. Aled81 Trainee Engineer

Up until i am able to have retracting landing gear that don't blow up if im near the max speed limit and can have doors on piston's/rotors that don't blow up near max speed i real cba playing this game which is a shame considering i love this game on the most part. Hopefully it the time period your sorting the stability of the game this will happen, good luck.

19. Net-FX Trainee Engineer

I totally support the stabilization process. I ensure I submit any crashes to maximise feedback.. Am looking forward to the fixes. :) :thumb:

20. Wuxian Trainee Engineer

I am so glad you decided on taking this step. I gain more and more respect for your development team every week.

You are awesome!

21. mrkarp Trainee Engineer

How?

22. mrkarp Trainee Engineer

agreed.

23. SirJacobus Trainee Engineer

-light misplacement fixed
    -door "gap" bug still present (if r. interpolation on)
    -game looks more smooth and faster...

right now looks okay... I hope that the bug fixing period won´t take two months... :D

24. Star Weaver Apprentice Engineer

This patch also fixed the problems I was having in my mod as described here! http://forums.keenswh.com/post/fixed-in-01-053-013-cant-get-conveyor-detectors-to-connect-to-other-blocks-7140175?pid=1284816360#post1284816360

Also, the small ship advanced rotor just looks adorable for some reason <:3

25. FallingWhale Apprentice Engineer

Rotor bug was fixed. That's bad.

26. Pliskin Trainee Engineer

Funny that they didn`t mentioned it in the chnagelog, but more stuff, like conveyor, gyroscope, reactors are now colorable!

27. Bolisaris Trainee Engineer

Hats off to the devs for having the courage to abandon new block updates to concentrate on bug fixing, this takes a lot of guts, think about it, they stand to lose the 'gimme more blocks' group but please the 'lets sort the issues' group. I think the game can only get BETTER for this decision not worse. AS LONG AS FUTURE UPDATES DON'T MESS IT UP as has happened before.

I was almost at the stage where I was ready to abandon the game but this is good news indeed and has made me think again. Please sort the dedicated server/Multiplayer problems while doing this.

Great stuff Keen, keep it coming! ;)

28. a2457 Senior Engineer

no ingame programming ?

GTFO , for real now.
    THE feature is missing and You .. stop to go into trubleshooting ?
    this is just the point where i would like my money back.

29. piddlefoot Senior Engineer

Your not getting your money back and asking for it back on an alpha game shows ignorance.....Bug fixes and conveying rotors, wikid work guys/girls at KEEN.

30. Ortikon Apprentice Engineer

Really excited to do some sound modding

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.